Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 01-11-2007, 01:16 PM   #46
dm_h_2007

I play all the racing games that come out. I play the realistic ones like TOCA3, GT Legends, GTR2... and the not so realistic like RalliSport Challenge, PGR2, etc. I still like Forza the best of all of them. Sure it’s not as realistic as GTR2 but it’s a great game and the online play was fantastic. Forza 2 will be the game I buy a 360 for. That is unless it’s just really poorly made and does not live up to the first one.
dm_h_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:30 PM   #47
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by brembo
JW might have gotten a new member who are into the same as us...you run a strange campaign to recruit people RC....
It's like the Recces and other special forces... you must want to stay, and make it through Hell Week.....
LMAO!

Bootcamp! I think RC is that Drillsergeant from Full Metal Jacket

Old 01-11-2007, 04:29 PM   #48
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
Originally Posted by Minacious
I never understood why people get so bent out of shape during these friendly debates.

Keep up the good fight guys.
People don't generally like having something they like being called crap.

I'm on the whatever side. I'll buy the game cause I'm sure it'll be fun. If I wanted 100% realistic handling and such, I'd go for a drive.
Thats what im talking about

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:10 PM   #49
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR
I never understood why people get so bent out of shape during these friendly debates.

I'm on the whatever side. I'll buy the game cause I'm sure it'll be fun. If I wanted 100% realistic handling and such, I'd go for a drive.
Then as long as the marketing types and fanboys don't keep insisting it's going to be the be all and end all
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:31 PM   #50
ViperASR
Regular User

Then as long as the marketing types and fanboys don't keep insisting it's going to be the be all and end all
As for marketing thats how you sell your product. And remember, the N64 was the all and end all. Technology changes dude, things get better over time. And the H-shifter is still new technology, and its probobly too late to adopt it, I dont know much about programming, but I do know that even something like that can't be easy.

And fanboys are fanboys. Even you are turning into a little PS3 fanboy

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
Old 01-11-2007, 10:29 PM   #51
RC45
Regular User

As for marketing thats how you sell your product. And remember, the N64 was the all and end all.
N64 was never claimed to be able to do stuff it couldn't - the games were on cartridges and youhad a controller.

Technology changes dude, things get better over time.
WHy you telling me this?

And the H-shifter is still new technology, and its probobly too late to adopt it,
No its not - it may be new to budget controllers, but is not new. PC games have supported it ever since controls were assignable - you can setup a joy stick as a shifter in a decent simulation.

I dont know much about programming, but I do know that even something like that can't be easy.
Its a piece of piss to pull off.. that means easy - youeither decide to support aassignable controls, or you don't.

Forza2 is suffering from being developed by and for Microsoft - nothing open about it - the XBox360 is a closed proprietary system - doesn't even support USB properly for God's sake.

And fanboys are fanboys. Even you are turning into a little PS3 fanboy
Kiss my arse futher mucker - I have had an XBox for a long time - if I was a fanboy I wouldn't be calling Sony out on their screw up to not license FFB and their insistance on complying with DRM tech requirments.

Besides houthg - the PS3 is a better device - period. Easy to use, more intuitive, and an over better value.

Thats not even counting the games yet.

MS have stated No HD-DVD games, and No internal HD-DVD drive, no direct HDMI either.
That measn the XBox360 is not the device I thought I bought - the "ultimate entertainment box"

It's just a game console..
Old 01-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #52
ViperASR
Regular User

No its not - it may be new to budget controllers, but is not new. PC games have supported it ever since controls were assignable - you can setup a joy stick as a shifter in a decent simulation.
Yea, but its really easy to adopt something for a PC because you pop in a CD, dl a program and then bam, it works. Microsoft made it to where you couldnt do that on the 360. Does that suck, hell yea it does. But it dosnt make Forza 2 any less of a cool game

Old 01-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #53
RC45
Regular User

Yea, but its really easy to adopt something for a PC because you pop in a CD, dl a program and then bam, it works. Microsoft made it to where you couldnt do that on the 360. Does that suck, hell yea it does.
That's their problem - not mine.

But it dosnt make Forza 2 any less of a cool game
Actually it does. As an XBoxFanBoy360 you don't see that.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:18 PM   #54
ViperASR
Regular User

Actually it does. As an XBoxFanBoy360 you don't see that.
hey, im not fanboy. I'm just sticking up for the game. Ur the PS3 fanboy, if I had a buck for every post about u showing off the PS3 and talking about how great it is, id be rich. I do give you credit in that you do admit some of the faults of the PS3.

And I do admit alot of the faults of the 360, like the fact that mine is back with Mr. Gates as we speak right now. I know forza wont be god, but it will still be a damn good racing game. You need to stop bashing it, if you hate it so much, dont buy it.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:30 PM   #55
Daggernite
Regular User

Im off to bed now so I have'nt read this thread from begining to end. Therefor this question is probably answered?

But Forza 2 isn't out yet, so how can people be debating on if its good or not?
As for 360 vs PS3, neither one does anything better than the other as far as I can see. And can I just say that I've had the Nintendo Wii a few weeks, Zelda is awesome, but the stupid remote is crap.

But yeah, I know all of us here will be getting Forza 2, its not going to be bad is it. Probably just could be better like every other driving game thats come out.

Good night JW
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:08 AM   #56
RC45
Regular User

The biggest weakness - and this is HUGE, is the lack of a decent (read that as a Logitech USB wheel) wheel for the XBox and XBox360

No game can be more than a just a fun toy with controller or a poor wheel.

Take a look at GT3 and GT4 - for all their shortcomings, a decent steering wheel makes up for a lot. If PGR3 could have a decent wheel, even with its arcade physics it would be 100x better

Many folks are into the "game" - for me its the "drive", and youdont drive with a controller
Old 01-12-2007, 12:11 AM   #57
ViperASR
Regular User

The biggest weakness - and this is HUGE, is the lack of a decent (read that as a Logitech USB wheel) wheel for the XBox and XBox360
amen to that. I have a Sidewinder wheel that I would love to use on the 360, but Mr Gates wont let me use it. IT SAYS MICROSOFT ON IT!!!! I already bought it from you, let me use it on ur stuff!!!

Old 01-14-2007, 04:55 PM   #58
RC45
Regular User

LMAo...

these Forza Forum clowns are still at it.. not satisified with "banning" me... Ooooohhh.. I feel so rejected now ***barf*** they are now deleting my posts ;0

Your post was deleted by Drows.

Subject: Re: What cars do you think they should put in the game?

Reason: Hello,

You attempted to submit the following post to the Forza Motorsport Forums
Forums:
__________________________________________________ ______

All these "wishlist" requests for "real ordinary cars" yet there is no clutch or
h-gate shifter available for the console - exactly how do you propose to
"realistically" enjoy this "simulator" if all you have is a game console pad and
poor immitation FFB steering wheel with paddles?
I fear Sony and PD may fall just as short with GT5 - as they might not think the
average "Joe" wants to heel and toe or left foot brake or down shift skipping 3
gears either..
How come no-one holds Turn 10 and Microsoft to a decent standard.. a mediocre PC
can out simulate these "next gen' consoles.
This is not what we were told would be the case... we were told "next gen"
console "simulators" would be the real deal.
That being said, back on topic - and decently modelled 3 pedal stick shift
sports car would do nicely thanks
__________________________________________________ ______

Your post was submitted as a reply to the following thread:
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/fo...ead/36234.aspx

Unfortunately your post does not make sense. Please revisit the forums and
resubmit your post in clear English. If English is not your first language, the
Babelfish translator may help you: http://babelfish.altavista.com

Thanks,
Forza Motorsport Forums team
I guess the true Forza2 fan really might not actually even have a drivers license after all -- why else would they be so offended by a request for a clutch pedal and a shifter ?

Hey drows.. come hang out here at forum discussing real cars..
Old 01-14-2007, 05:09 PM   #59
novass
Regular User

^^ LMAO It seems you have made quite the impression.

Unfortunately your post does not make sense. Please revisit the forums and
resubmit your post in clear English. If English is not your first language, the
Babelfish translator may help you: http://babelfish.altavista.com

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:17 PM   #60
ViperASR
Regular User

^^^^
lol, I guess they dont want anyone dissing their games on their forms. and you might want to use a better translator from Texan to american

I think part of it might be your obsession with H-gate shifters. I imagine they are cool as hell, and I agree that they would help make it more realistic. But to most people, regular wheels work just fine. And simulators are just that, simulators. If I wanted something to be real, I would go hop in my car and take a drive, or go to a track event.

Also, you might be comming across as a bit rude in your opinions

IMO, these games do not need to have H-gate wheels and such to be good games. Good graphics and realistic dynamics (not NFSish) are good enough for me. These are games are good enough for what I'm looking for.