Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini

Lamborghini Everything Lamborghini

Old 07-16-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default Batman and Balboni?....Nthfinity and Balboni!

Nice one
Old 07-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

Maybe Batman threatened to send him a copy of his sex tape if he didnt pose with the paper
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
enzoferrari
Regular User

Nice,I don't think he would pose with my name.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:27 PM   #4
fordgt84
Regular User

sweet

shame he's retiring though...
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
a007apl
Regular User

what is the story here?
a007apl its the best hunter of Lamborghinis on internet?
Fã nº1?
Who on internet know about Lambos but not know about a007apl?
Well, I'm live in Brazil, far Europe and USA, I'm live in "3º world", no have much Lambos here, but my love for Lambos haven't borders (internet), and I've good Lambofriends.
Tkx for my Lambofriends KLD and stmoritzer for the idea and pics, and tkx for Valentino Balboni, its the real spirit of the Bull.
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:41 AM   #6
dragvorl
Regular User

dragvorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:04 AM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

First off, let me apologize; as my host requested that I not share my other images in the public domain.

One week ago, I recieved a call asking me to get ahold of lamborghini owners for a special event. Unfortunately the event was canceled due to severe time constraints, and last minute changes by the Factory. What ended up happening was a far more personal introduction, and gathering. I was asked to forever capture this for my host, and a couple of his closest friends... Obviously, I'm flattered, and could not refuse!

Dinner was a fantastic Italian, and American (all Detroit!) selection of entree's... Let me tell you, if you have never had a Steak with Zip Sauce, you are missing out! Not much is as good as a exquisitely prepared home-coocked meal. Valentino, still on Italian time, with a rumbling in his stomach was happy to induldge the home made pasta. We toasted, and began dinner.

It's time's like this that I wish I spoke a language I didn't learn in High School (spanish). In any case, Mr. Balboni speaks good English. The stories he tells with great passion... tales of Ferruccio, his companions and co-workers, the misc. owners of Automobili Lamborghini... He may have recited such stories 1000 times; but he never once felt pressured, board, or anything but happy to share the stories of the fameously over the top exotic marque.

Did Ferrucio really have that fameous conversation with Enzo Ferrari "You are a Farmer, and know nothing of cars" Well, only Enzo, and Ferruccio know the answer to that one... but; what is without a doubt true is that after several mechanical breakdowns; Mr. Lamborghini decided to repair his Ferrari with his Tractor mechanics... finding that both his tractors, and Enzo's sports cars shared components.

Valentino went on about how carismatic his employer was. Even a great storyteller like Valentino had spoken highly of the founders way with words. Truley the right man for the job; and by far was the greatest man to run Lamborghini. Why is it that Ferruccio sold the company? Several reasons, he was getting on in age; and he had recent imbezzlement activities within the company which depressed him. But primarely, he sold the company because he was almost sure that the era of the sportscar was about to die. This was at the peak of the Oil Crisis. Things were so bad in Italia that it was law that nobody drive a vehicle on a weekend without official, or emergency buisness.

For years, the company was in one form of turmoil or another. Eventually finding its' way into Chrysler's ownership. Another strong leader, charasmatic and passionate came along in Lee Iacoca. Valentino felt he was a great head of Lamborghini in his time.

At that time, the passage from Countach to Diablo took place; and the end of the inflence of the talented Marcello Gandini from Bertone design studios. Many thought the car was amis; and an in-house design team with both Italian, and American designers began modifying the shape to what eventually became the Diablo. In the clay, Iacocca saw two sides... one more focused by the Italians, and the other more honed by the Americans. The Italian design won; and was a long lasting and iconic shape we really can never forget. It took the excess of the diablo into a larger and wilder form.

Eventually, the times, and ownership changed as Iacoca left Chrysler... so Lamborghini was sold off. Hotumo Suharto, son of the gangster-dicatator of Indonesia swooped in. Easily the worst owner of the brand. Having also recently (and illegally) purchassing the Vector Aeromotive company; Suharto started ordering Diablo engines and chassis shipped to Florida and rebodied with a fiberglass shell... now known as the M12. Valentino had nothing good to say of his once bosses; and is happy to know that Suharto is imprisoned.

Valentino went on to tell the story of how he first came to Lamborghini... He was riding along with his Priest while still in his under twenty years of age. His priest was an overly aggressive driver... in his Fiat 500 "the smallest car in the world." They drove by this factory, and there were Miura bodies on rollers coming from one building and entering another. He got out, and helped a worker push them to where they belong. The shape was such that he fell in love instantly. He returned another day, and did the same thing... and another... Eventually, he found his way blocked by the most important man in the factory.... The lone security guard. After a stern talking to, he encouraged young Valentino to fill out an application. The rest is history.

It's late, and my fingers are ready to sleep as well... as I remember, and re-live... (passenger in a Diablo with Balboni at the helm!)

Night
Old 08-04-2009, 02:26 AM   #8
RC45
Regular User

Great memories.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:29 PM   #9
a007apl
Regular User

Nice!!
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote