Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 11-04-2008, 01:45 AM   #1
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Default Circuit City to close 155 stores: get ready to pick its carcass + the list

I had the joy of nibbling on Mervyn's dying flesh couple of weeks ago. If the economy's so bad, at least take advantage of the others' suffering. Canis canem edit.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
philip
Regular User

In Houston Circuit City is building a brand new store across the freeway from a store they closed two years ago. This time the store is only one block and on the same side of the freeway from Best Buy.

The one they are closing iin Houston is in Sharpestown, I won't be going over there to get anything as my car might not be there when I got finished.

Last edited by philip; 11-04-2008 at 05:44 PM.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:48 AM   #3
tkach
Regular User

What days do these closings go into effect?
tkach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:52 AM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by philip View Post

The one they are closing iin Houston is in Sharpestown, I won't be going over there to get anything as my car might not be there when I got finished.
LOL - Too true, I can imagine new car stereo being installed and stolen while you pay for it ! hehe
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #5
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by tkach View Post
What days do these closings go into effect?
They're just closing. They might not show it, but those stores will probably close by the end of the year. Or at least unload everything for Christmas, then close.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #6
r2r
Regular User

Too bad. I consider Circuit City to be much better then Best Buy.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
bluedemon
Regular User

Originally Posted by r2r View Post
Too bad. I consider Circuit City to be much better then Best Buy.
Really? I find that Best Buy is better when it comes to just about everything, especially customer service. But it is too bad for our struggling economy
bluedemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:03 PM   #8
SHIZL
Regular User

^seem to be the same to me.either not very good but nice to look at b4 i go order it off the net.
SHIZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #9
philip
Regular User

They declared bankrupsy today.

Probably are still staying in business, but this gives them the opportunity to screw the stockholders one last time and renegotiate all their leases all over the country and now probably at much more favorable rates. (including the new one that isnt open yet near me).

Alot of times they haven't paid their suppliers yet ie: Sony, Panasonic, etc., so they will get those electronics that they have in their stores for essentially free.

Probably, Sony, Panasonic, etc. weren't shipping them anything new on credit cause they hadn't paid their older bills.

Trust me the head guys will all be keeping their jobs.

Oh in case you missed it, the bell weather for a your- old -mans- kind- of- recession rang to day with the headline "Trump is suing his lenders".

Isnt the way the world works just great?
Old 11-10-2008, 11:17 PM   #10
r2r
Regular User

Originally Posted by bluedemon View Post
Really? I find that Best Buy is better when it comes to just about everything, especially customer service. But it is too bad for our struggling economy
In my experience I always found better deals in Circuit City as opposed to Best Buy, which always has hugely overpriced merchandise. The staff seems to be more knowledgeable as well in Circuit City.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote