Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 03-19-2005, 09:35 PM   #1
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Default GT4 FAQ's - Play GT4 ONLINE!!!

Ok I am gonna kinda rush this so I will probably end up leaving out some stuff but I will get back to adding it tommorow when I hope to do it "properely"

Question: "what do I need 2 put my pics on my Pc?"
Answer: You need a USB thumb drive. Currently the only ones I hear that work are all here - http://gtplanet.net/forum/showthread...&highlight=USB

Question:"how u get 110 000 credits on day one?"
Answer: You must go to the Stats screen in your home and then hit seclect and you will get the rest.

Question: "how do i tranfer my liscenez from gt3?"
Answer: You must go to the Stats screen in your home and then hit seclect and you will get the rest.

Question:I cant get the (Insert car here)! How do I get it?"
Answer: You can find the Prize Car List here - http://www.angelfire.com/ult/gt4hots...4prizecars.htm

If you still cant find the car you are looking for then go to the Used car lot and the Historic car lot and wait.
*NOTICE* The Used car lot and the Historic car lots refresh every 7 days.

Question:"Why cant I race at (Inser Track here.)
Answer: You get the tracks on a certain day in the GT Mode. To find out on which day you get which track go here- http://www.angelfire.com/ult/gt4hotspot/Tracks.htm

Question:Is there anyway of playing GT4 on the computer VIA the emulation method?
Answer: I dont think this is possible but if your look around the web you might find it and this also is probably illegal?

Question:Which car did you use to win the GT World Championship in the Professional Hall???
Answer: I suggest you use a Toyota Minolta Race car or the Nissan R92 wiht Super Hard Racing tires! I also heard any one of those 4 rare black cars should kick ass easily!

Question: What are these 4 black cars I keep hearing about?
Answer: They are 4 old Lemans race cars that come in the Used car LOTS between day 649 - 700. CHECK EVERY DAY BETWEEN DAYS 649 - 700!!!
You will need about 9,000,000 ( NINE MILLION ) Credits to buy them all.

Question:But I already am past days 649-700 and I want those cars! What can I do?
Answer: Dont worry I heard they appear again but you just have to wait another 649-700 days!

Question:I see 2 or more cars during a photomode shoot! How do I do it?
Answer: Its not possible in GT4 but you must use an external PC program such as PhotoShop and cut and paste the image.

Question:How can I get photomode during replays?
Answer: You must save the replay and then go to the replay theater and then press seclect to take a picture and then you can move the camera around and all the other good stuff.

Question:What are A-Spec and B-Spec points and the purpose of each?
Answer: A-Spec points you are awared for driving yourself and there is no purpose other than bragging rights. B-Spec points is how much points you get from your computer driving. The point to B-Spec is the more the better your AI driver is.

Question:How do I increase my A Spec points?
Answer: Race with close to stock cars and http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...96#post1489896

Question:How do I increase my B Spec points?
Answer: We have yet to crack the point system but according to most people having a stock car should help.

Question:What is the quickest way to earn money?
Answer: There are 2 very easy ways -
1) Enter the second Special condition race on easy. Win the two races and sell the prize car for $256,000 and keep doing so until you get your goal. When you go to this race after you get all golds it will ask you clear trophies? Say yes and then re race so this way you get a prize car again.

2) Enter the German Touring Car Challenge (European Race Stadium) B-spec the entire series, sell the prize car and you have made a total of $900,000. You can also do it in A-Spec if you perfer.

Question: I am pissed you can play GT4 online but I heard you can trick your PS2 and play is this possible?
Answer: This IS POSSIBLE! You must use X-Link. I saw it on a TV show where they had two guys from PD come over and even talk about it so its not fake!
Try - http://gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55956

Question: I have a Logitech Wheel and I need help with it.
Answer: Just about everything you need to know is here - http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=375114#375114

Ok thats just about it for now. As I said this is just a temporary FAQ until I get the time tommorow to add more detailed answers.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:49 PM   #2
SilviaEvo
Regular User

nice job im getting jealous of you GT4 owners
Old 03-19-2005, 10:59 PM   #3
ZfrkS62
Regular User

another question you can try to answer:

What is damn point to the A-spec points?

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 11:07 PM   #4
Pimp Racer
Regular User

ZfrkS62 that will come tommorow but I will answer it anyways. There is really no point at all to A-SPEC except for bragging rights against your buddies on the internet such as here.

BTW if you have any questions PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK!
Old 03-20-2005, 02:21 AM   #5
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Has anyone had an issue with the brakes sticking? i've run a couple of races where i had a sliver of brake application on my gauge and acceleration was shit Smacking my controller in case the button was sticking didn't help anything.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:21 AM   #6
oantob
Regular User

guys, I have a question...
is the engine layout affect you to disable or enable the TCS and ASM (over and under incld.)
IMO, when I'm using an FR, MR, and 4WD cars I'll turn the ASM and TCS off..
but for FF cars, I let it on..cause I'm not the patience type of driver when it comes to corner exits
Old 03-20-2005, 01:13 PM   #7
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
Has anyone had an issue with the brakes sticking? i've run a couple of races where i had a sliver of brake application on my gauge and acceleration was shit Smacking my controller in case the button was sticking didn't help anything.

Hmm....not that I know of. Maybe it must be your controller? Try another controller or something.

Originally Posted by oantob
guys, I have a question...
is the engine layout affect you to disable or enable the TCS and ASM (over and under incld.)
IMO, when I'm using an FR, MR, and 4WD cars I'll turn the ASM and TCS off..
but for FF cars, I let it on..cause I'm not the patience type of driver when it comes to corner exits
Not quite sure what you mean but I usually drive with the all off unless its a high powered car such as 600+ HP. But I put them all to 1 in the tuning area.

But in most cases if you have a 4WD or a MR car then you should be better without them on.

Example : I rember in GT3 I ran 2 tests at Apricot Hill with my Purple NSX Type S Zero. I cant rember the exact times but WITHOUT the ASM and TCS on I was a WHOLE 2 seconds faster compared to when I had them on!

I will do a similiar test hopefully today and also try my best to get this DAG done later on today after lunch.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:20 PM   #8
mindgam3
Regular User

GT3 didnt have under/oversteer ASM which comes in fairly handy.

For example, if you're car changes direction quickly because you've set it up with quite a bit of toe out - your car will naturally oversteer.

If you then put the oversteer ASM up to 3 or 4 depending on car, you'll have a car that changes direction quickly but does not oversteer

Generally, if you whack oversteer to 0 and understeer to 20, it will make your car turn in alot better. If your car naturally is oversteery though, setting it up like this will make your car very fidgety and skittish
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 01:27 PM   #9
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3

For example, if you're car changes direction quickly because you've set it up with quite a bit of toe out - your car will naturally oversteer.

If you then put the oversteer ASM up to 3 or 4 depending on car, you'll have a car that changes direction quickly but does not oversteer

Generally, if you whack oversteer to 0 and understeer to 20, it will make your car turn in alot better. If your car naturally is oversteery though, setting it up like this will make your car very fidgety and skittish
And it will help you learn to use the brakes when turning also am I correct?

BTW I have been told by alot of people on AIM that they dont like the F1 car becuase it oversteers too much so I told them ot go to the suspensions settings and lower the spring rates all the way and go drive and the found it to be better! So you guys might wanna try that out espicially at a track like the ring!
Old 03-21-2005, 05:04 AM   #10
LAMBOR
Regular User

Hey guys, just a basic question. Is there any way of playing GT4 besides the PS2, like for instance PC using some kind of emulator or else?

If not will it be lauched a later PC version?
LAMBOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:26 AM   #11
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
Originally Posted by mindgam3

And it will help you learn to use the brakes when turning also am I correct?

BTW I have been told by alot of people on AIM that they dont like the F1 car becuase it oversteers too much so I told them ot go to the suspensions settings and lower the spring rates all the way and go drive and the found it to be better! So you guys might wanna try that out espicially at a track like the ring!
Well at the ring it could be many thing effecting oversteer with the bumps and everything.

Generally, oversteer means the rear hasn't got enough grip, so you need to soften up the rear spring rate to give it more grip, not the front. On the ring obviously its very bumpy, so lowering the dampers bounce a few points nad maybe the rebound one will help it grip alot more. On a fidgety car like the caterham you need to mess around with cambers to get that last bit of grip.

Haven't played too much with the F1 car myself but these change in settings have definately worked for most cars ive worked on around the 'ring.

If your car is understeering, stiffen the back compared to the front, or soften the front springs.
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:04 PM   #12
No.1
Regular User

I didn't want to create a new topic, so just a quick question.

Which car did you use to win the GT World Championship in the Professional Hall???

My CLK-GTR just ain't good enough :roll:

Thanks guys
Old 03-21-2005, 12:42 PM   #13
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1

Which car did you use to win the GT World Championship in the Professional Hall???

Thanks guys
You will need cars like Nissan R92CP maybe tune it up so that you got a safety margin. If you want to do things the easy way, use the Grand Turiismo Formula car, it will beat the crap out of the competition.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:00 PM   #14
possessed_beaver
Regular User

Originally Posted by LAMBOR
Hey guys, just a basic question. Is there any way of playing GT4 besides the PS2, like for instance PC using some kind of emulator or else?

If not will it be lauched a later PC version?
there is one easy answer for this no..
it is only available on PS2 and there is no PS2 emulator, and even if there was it would run the game like crap.. buy a PS2 sorry there is no easy way..

and can someone PLEASEEEE make a guide of what cars are recommended for easy race please, lol im only at 35% and im sick of buying cars for races spending all my money on them only for them to peform like crap no matter what i do!!
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:44 PM   #15
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Originally Posted by thenumber1

Thanks guys
You will need cars like Nissan R92CP maybe tune it up so that you got a safety margin. If you want to do things the easy way, use the Grand Turiismo Formula car, it will beat the crap out of the competition.
Well... atm, i'm saving up for the black cars, so i'll probably just use one of them when i get them.