Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 03-07-2004, 01:25 PM   #1
oscargarza88
Regular User

Default need help with e-mule plz

hey,
i downloaded emule because i have hears lots of good thing about it, but it is more complicated than the other programs, it has muach more optiosna dn u have to put them corretly 4 them to work right.
i tried the help think from emule but it explains it too complicaated and there r things i dont get, like the low id thing, ir ead it but i still dont get it to run good, so i hope u guys can help me make it run good, thanks
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:25 PM   #2
Sachmo12345
Regular User

the only thing i had a problem with was that it needs no firewall for optimal speeds

Xbox Live Gamertag: sachmo12345
Sachmo12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 05:11 PM   #3
crazidude
Regular User

What is wrong with it exactly? You're downloading slowly or does something not work?
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:46 PM   #4
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by crazidude
What is wrong with it exactly? You're downloading slowly or does something not work?
well i connect to a server and the stuff i have to download dont download, and after a long long while 1 person start to pass me the file but at like .4 speed, and it cuts off alot, so i guess it something loke the firewall or router, or something of the confuguration for it to work properly
Old 03-07-2004, 09:49 PM   #5
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by oscargarza88
well i connect to a server and the stuff i have to download dont download, and after a long long while 1 person start to pass me the file but at like .4 speed, and it cuts off alot, so i guess it something loke the firewall or router, or something of the confuguration for it to work properly
That is how emule works ... if you share a lot of filez and keep uploading them , then you get priority to download from other ppl , so if you are a user for quite a long time you can download faster , its the same as in Kazaa where you got ratings , and that depended how fast you download

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:50 PM   #6
Sachmo12345
Regular User

are there rank hacks like in kazaa

Xbox Live Gamertag: sachmo12345
Sachmo12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:53 PM   #7
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by PATo355
Originally Posted by oscargarza88
That is how emule works ... if you share a lot of filez and keep uploading them , then you get priority to download from other ppl , so if you are a user for quite a long time you can download faster , its the same as in Kazaa where you got ratings , and that depended how fast you download
ok, then im sharing all the stuff i got, ont know why but suddenly a vid started to doenload at 4, much better compared to before.
thanks
oh and do i have to look something specofocally when i connect to a sever or just see if it has lots of files?
Old 03-08-2004, 12:52 AM   #8
oscargarza88
Regular User

i just found a prob.
WARNING Produkt-Tipp (207.44.196.36:4660) - Your 4662 port is not reachable. Please review your network config.
this comes out when i try to connect to a server
i know what the prob is but i dont know how to open that port, somoene know my prob?