Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 06-19-2004, 12:34 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Driv3r, funny situation

It was out yesterday in Switzerland and I already spent some hours playing... it's a good challenge

Exactly as the previous two, but on PS2 with more vehicles, still great physics, more action outside the cars/trucks/bikes/boats and a good improvement

but look these pics LOL in a mission were you have your boss beside you, so you can't change car, we got stuck like that

The only solution I found was to wait for a big truck, steal it and ram our car as hard as I could it worked
Old 06-19-2004, 12:37 PM   #2
T-Bird
Regular User

shit! I didn't know it was out already I'm gonna have to go buy it now. And that is one hell of a bug.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 12:43 PM   #3
DanielW
Regular User

damn, i really liked the 1st one.
is it out on pc as well?

http://www.cardomain.com/id/wytrzyszc
DanielW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 12:53 PM   #4
TT
Regular User

The official Euro date was the 22nd... in the US it should be around the same this time.

It will be out for PC in the next Fall I think
Old 06-19-2004, 08:40 PM   #5
gis
Regular User

lol funny situation you were in,the game graphics look sweet.

BTW is this game in any way liek GTA?

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 08:48 PM   #6
TT
Regular User

You never plaid Driver 1 or 2 on psx? it's more centered on the driving part and I remember a mission in GTA3 were they actually joke about that since you have to chase a dumb man, completely useless outside his car

things improved a but, but still, GTA is a better game as a whole package, but yes, it's sort of GTA as for the general lines

BTW, the main story is about you, an udnercover cop, inside a gang that has to steal 40 rare cars for a misterious customer
Old 06-19-2004, 09:59 PM   #7
saadie
Regular User

whao....tht explains TT's driving skils ...
Old 06-20-2004, 02:18 AM   #8
gigdy
Regular User

i did that same thing in gta vice city.

Old 06-20-2004, 02:25 AM   #9
saadie
Regular User

wow tht explaing yer driving skills too ...

kelw pix ... lol ya stole a babe ...
Old 06-21-2004, 07:28 PM   #10
TT
Regular User

BTW, a VERY nice and realistic feature that was missing from GTA or the previous Drivers is that you actually get hurt when you have accidents in your car/truck/whatever

In GTA when you are barely alive, it is so nice to finally find a car and run untill the next place where to paint the car or the next crib where to heal... in Driv3r, forget about it in your car ever lightpole is a treath to your life if you barely escaped a terrible shooting
Old 06-21-2004, 11:59 PM   #11
Silvia_Drift
Regular User

The game looks pretty cool but www.gamespot.com gave it a really bad review. Check this out:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/driver3/index.html
Old 06-22-2004, 12:15 AM   #12
PATo355
Regular User

Wow amazing game TT , is that the same Driver that was on playstation and pc ? I mean play 1

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 01:41 AM   #13
Sachmo12345
Regular User

that shit happens all the time

Xbox Live Gamertag: sachmo12345
Sachmo12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 02:23 AM   #14
Minacious
Regular User

TT, give a detailed honest review of it. The reviews for that game have been pretty bad so far. I would like to hear a review from someone I know. I am a fan of the series and was looking forward to 3, but the reviews have been lackluster at best.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:47 AM   #15
TT
Regular User

Wow amazing game TT , is that the same Driver that was on playstation and pc ? I mean play 1
Ye, the third one

TT, give a detailed honest review of it. The reviews for that game have been pretty bad so far. I would like to hear a review from someone I know. I am a fan of the series and was looking forward to 3, but the reviews have been lackluster at best
I never read reviews before buying games or watching movies because to many times they are written by ppl that are really to harsh with their opinions.

Let's get it straight, Driver 3 isn't probably the best game out there, and in the same cathegory I would pick GTA3 or VC anyday.
That said, Driver (1 and 2) was one of the best PSX games (and best seller too). The third one is the natural evolution. As I already said, the best part is still when you have to chase somebody, and the 3 cities are DAMN big! With lot and lot and LOT of roads! There are many cars, bikes, trucks, bus and boats to play with. the physic model didn't impress me as it did back on the PSX, but it has been a while since I played Driver2... globally it's not really realistc, the way you have to use brakes or handbrake to steer your car, especially when you need to chase somebody driving really fast. But it's still damn fun!
The accidents are even better than before with cars you can completely destroy, and when they explode, they really blown to pieces. I also love the level or interaction with the cities! VERY high! First of all you can finally kill somebody with your car while in driver and driver 2 they always managed to escape!
When outside the car, you have many weapons, GTA style: guns, with or without silencer, shotgun, rifle, uzi, grenade launcher and so on you can shoot anything, if you shoot on the wall the bullets will leave holes, you can crash the windows of vehicles, blown their tires or make them explode obviously. YOu can also kill ppl inside the car as in GTA VC. When inside the building like your home or during missions, you can shoot bottles and they will brake, televisions, fridge, flipper, chairs, tables, ANYTHING! And every object will react when shooted!
Sadly the way Tanner move on foot is pretty shitty. With the left thum you go forward / backward, with the other one you turn... painfull when you are surrounded by ppl with machineguns
I would go on forever probably, and we could talk about the plot to, but I think there is a simple conclusion since you loved the first two opus: buy it right away, you won't be disappointed!