Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 08:44 PM   #61
TeflonTron
Regular User

I'll chime in, as I personaly know two people who have driven one. They both say that it accelerates unlike anything they have ever driven before. It can reach crazy speeds stoplight to stoplight and be completely controlled whilst doing it. They also said that the brakes snap your neck they are so good.

What else is there to say?

Well, I don't particularly like it, but that's besides the point as I can accept what it is capable of doing: laying waste to any production car out there and probably 99% of tuner cars that aren't running on race fuel and slicks.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:49 PM   #62
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
Well, I don't particularly like it, but that's besides the point as I can accept what it is capable of doing: laying waste to any production car out there and probably 99% of tuner cars that aren't running on race fuel and slicks.
In a straight line

Only.

This is what every one used as a reason to hate on ALL US high-hp cars

Just an observation.

And again - for 1 million bucks you would hope it could do something well
Old 05-25-2006, 09:42 PM   #63
JoeHahn
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by JoeHahn
Isnt that a similar argument people make on American sports cars, more generally the Z06? Look where that got them. I dont think this car has been tested on any track, officially or unofficially. Kinda useless debating about it.
WTF?

How did you come to this conclusion?
Well when it comes down to it, alot of people before the Z06 came out reckoned Corvettes handled like shit, alot of people still think that. You, valiantly defend that. Now you are on the other side of the fence accusing a car you think cant handle - when you really dont know how it handles.

In a straight line

Only.

This is what every one used as a reason to hate on ALL US high-hp cars Wink

Just an observation.

There - you just helped me with my cause.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:47 PM   #64
TeflonTron
Regular User

RC45: care to name a tuner car, or other road car, that can match, yet alone excede the Veyron's performance? Street tires, regular gas (no 100+ Octane crap) and no mechanical changes between a topspeed and acceleration run and then a track run. Then, name one car company that has the heritage or prestige that Bugatti does.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:20 PM   #65
TNT
Regular User

^^^ Saleen S7 twin turbo, Nismo Skyline GT-R Z-tune.

both with as much if not better heritage.

Saleen S7 TT

C/D TEST RESULTS
ACCELERATION: Seconds
Zero to 30 mph: 1.5
40 mph: 2.2
50 mph: 2.9
60 mph: 3.4
70 mph: 3.9
80 mph: 4.7
90 mph: 5.4
100 mph: 6.2
110 mph: 7.0
120 mph: 8.4
130 mph: 9.5
140 mph: 10.9
150 mph: 13.6
160 mph: 15.6
Street start, 5–60 mph: 3.5
Top-gear acceleration, 30–50 mph: 5.7
50–70 mph: 5.4
Standing ¼-mile: 10.9 sec @ 140 mph
Top speed (drag limited, mfr’s claim): 248 mph

Z-tune is unoffically has a 10.06 0-400m time.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:26 PM   #66
spanky
Regular User

Cool video! I havent seen a heap of the veyron on the net yet.

Thanks MopsDrops 8)
Old 05-25-2006, 10:31 PM   #67
RC45
Regular User

Isnt that a similar argument people make on American sports cars, more generally the Z06? Look where that got them. I dont think this car has been tested on any track, officially or unofficially. Kinda useless debating about it.
WTF?

Well when it comes down to it, alot of people before the Z06 came out reckoned Corvettes handled like shit, alot of people still think that. You, valiantly defend that. Now you are on the other side of the fence accusing a car you think cant handle - when you really dont know how it handles.
Uhm - no people simply SAY the Corvette cannot handle - the truth is the 2001 and newer Corvette Z06 DOES handle very well, as shown by many many road tests, races and weekend warriors - this is not heresay or rumour it is fact - measures and proven many times over.

No debate can be endtered into this at all . It is irrefutable, just as the performance of the GT3 and 360CS is irrefutable.

People have just chosen to NOT believe the many published results.

So - now on to the Bugnasty Vagrant - many testers have stated the car is heavy and not nimble - this we know is a fact - not rumour. Certain people have also had some inside witnesses tell them the car is not a great handler.

The fact that there is no track handling laptime available is obviously because it is not a great handling car.

If the million dollar car was a great handler - magazines would have shown this to be true by now.

Period.

VW/Bugnasty/Audi would already have a Nurburgring time published and be rubbing it in the faces of other supercars if it was any good

In a straight line

Only.

Just an observation.

How have I helped your cause. The only data available shows the Vagrant is only straightline toy.

However - there is much data available to show the 2001 newer Z06, GT3, 360CS, Ford GT, GT2, P911TT, Viper GTS/ACR, CGT etc are great handling cars. No speculation needed - these are published and PROVEN facts.

The Bugnasty is just an expensive freeway cruiser.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:32 PM   #68
TeflonTron
Regular User

Originally Posted by SWT

You are kidding me, right? The Nismo cannot hold a candle in terms of performance, and who the hell are Nissan or Saleen when it comes to heritage or prestige? LMFAO.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:36 PM   #69
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SWT

You are kidding me, right? The Nismo cannot hold a candle in terms of performance, and who the hell are Nissan or Saleen when it comes to heritage or prestige? LMFAO.
SO you admit the Vagrant is simply about wealth and oppulance - basicly something to prove your wealth - nothing more.

Considering Ralph Lauren is getting one that shows it's simply an expensive showpiece for the super rich - and impresses the gullible
Old 05-25-2006, 10:38 PM   #70
TNT
Regular User

Originally Posted by SWT

have you heard of racing heritage............damn dude read up. i didn't say prestige, even though a bugatti isn't that high in my book.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:10 PM   #71
TeflonTron
Regular User

Originally Posted by SWT
Originally Posted by SWT

have you heard of racing heritage............damn dude read up. i didn't say prestige, even though a bugatti isn't that high in my book.
Bugatti has a better racing heritage than either Saleen or Nissan, so I don't need to read anything. Bugatti is one of the uppermost cars when it comes to history, heritage and prestige. Period.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:17 PM   #72
JoeHahn
Regular User

WTF?

Uhm - no people simply SAY the Corvette cannot handle - the truth is the 2001 and newer Corvette Z06 DOES handle very well, as shown by many many road tests, races and weekend warriors - this is not heresay or rumour it is fact - measures and proven many times over.

No debate can be endtered into this at all . It is irrefutable, just as the performance of the GT3 and 360CS is irrefutable.

People have just chosen to NOT believe the many published results.

So - now on to the Bugnasty Vagrant - many testers have stated the car is heavy and not nimble - this we know is a fact - not rumour. Certain people have also had some inside witnesses tell them the car is not a great handler.

The fact that there is no track handling laptime available is obviously because it is not a great handling car.

If the million dollar car was a great handler - magazines would have shown this to be true by now.

Period.

VW/Bugnasty/Audi would already have a Nurburgring time published and be rubbing it in the faces of other supercars if it was any good

In a straight line

Only.

Just an observation.

How have I helped your cause. The only data available shows the Vagrant is only straightline toy.

However - there is much data available to show the 2001 newer Z06, GT3, 360CS, Ford GT, GT2, P911TT, Viper GTS/ACR, CGT etc are great handling cars. No speculation needed - these are published and PROVEN facts.

The Bugnasty is just an expensive freeway cruiser.
I'm aware of the performance of the C6 Z, GT3 RS and CS but I cant get one thing. I know how alot of people attack Ferrari because it hasnt proven its Enzo on the Nurburgring, does that make it substandard? It may not be as fast as say a Carrera GT but thats nothing to be ashamed of. Have you thought that maybe Bugatti just doesnt want its car compared to the Carrera GT, Zonda F etc and not participating at the Nurburgring is a reason for that? kind of like the Enzo?

I'd also like to see an article saying the Veyron is "not nimble". We all know the car is heavy but I'm pretty sure I've only seen magazines saying the opposite. Something along the lines of it hiding and not showing its weight its that good a handling car.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:47 AM   #73
JoeHahn
Regular User

I brought up the vette to prove a point, nothing else.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:53 AM   #74
nthfinity
Regular User

I brought up the vette to prove a point, nothing else.
It doesn't actually look that way.... as you didn't prove much of anything. I wondered the samet hing everso did.

unlike him, however, I will provide you with facts

Oh, Bugati did test thier car at various tracks... we just "don't" know thier lap times which they recorded there hehe... BTW, those lap times we dont know about weren't that impressive.

that said, those lap times we dont know about were some months before it was "officially" released... some things could have, or may have changed.

I do wonder if the Veyron can't actually do a proper 0-xxx mph launch, and has to have a rolling start?
Old 05-26-2006, 02:30 AM   #75
JoeHahn
Regular User

Sorry I should have said: Trying to get a point across.

and you have provided what facts for me....?

Saying Bugatti tested their cars on some tracks. You dont know their times but they werent impressive and werent made in a production model?

There was a rumour floating around that Bugatti said they could easily get into the 7:20's at the ring, I'm guessing this has as much of a foundation as your information?

Looks like that makes two of us