Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 05-15-2007, 08:52 AM   #2
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

I read a review of the reviews (those geeks who review that stuff need to learn how to make it short and simple and not 15 pages of boring nerd stuff and useless charts)

Seems like it's not worth it as the 8800GTS's are cheap and provide just as good performance.

What I'm interested to see is if AMD can improve on their hardware by catching up with their software drivers.

And where's the top of the line 12" beast?
Old 05-15-2007, 09:02 AM   #3
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

well a replacement is already on the way (R650, 65nm) and with it the HD 2900XTX,
I dont find the HD 2900XT as bad as those geeks.. (I agree on the reviews, most of them sucks..) its clearly going after the GTS and not the GTX, so I dont see the point there, other then to they've failed.. its cheap (should be around the $350 mark.. newegg is trying there luck for a while i guess..), and I'm sure after some normal driver update it will perform even better, Nvidia do have the time advantage with the drivers..
anyways.. thats good news no matter how you look at it, maybe now we'll see some price war in the GPU department as well, and thats a win win situation for us 8)

PS- the R650 should also have a very LOW consumption and heat! we're talking around the 45W area! at last an end to this crazy PSU requirements! 800W, 1000W its getting crazy and expansive!

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:47 AM   #4
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

65nm GPU should be sweet. Hopefully this helps AMD's stocks along with their new processors that were just announced.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:09 AM   #5
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

lets put it this way.. if it wont, then they're dead.. and the stock will look like what SUN (SUNW) went threw in 04.. hope your working with a stop loss..

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote