Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 11-19-2005, 09:03 PM   #1
ae86_16v
Regular User

Default Yosemite, CA

Went to Yosemite several weeks ago for a three day stay. Got there late afternoon on the first day, second day started to rain so did not get to do too much. And on the third day the skies cleared up and it was just beautiful.

Definitely recommend checking it out if you've never been there before. Be warned though, it gets extremely busy during the summer months. This time of year was perfect, not too many visitors. But most of the water falls have dried up already. There were only about 2 or 3 that goes year around. Never the less it was a very enjoyable experience. Enjoy the pictures .

The Valley

Half Dome

El Capitan

Three Brothers, Cathedral Rocks, Nevada & Vernal

Bridal Veil Fall

Mariposa Grove - Giant Redwoods

My Car
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 09:05 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

I dream to go there one day!! Thanks for those pics!
Old 11-19-2005, 11:11 PM   #3
sameerrao
Regular User

My fave spot in CA!

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 01:14 AM   #4
ae86_16v
Regular User

Definitely, you should make it a trip to go. It is such a beautiful place. I am already trying to plan my next trip .

But next time, I have to bring a digital SLR. The Canon Powershot SD200 just wasn't getting the job done. The pictures are okay, but they just don't come alive and can't really illustrate the magnitude of the scenery.

But go and see it for yourself .
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 08:51 AM   #5
MartijnGizmo
Regular User

Originally Posted by ae86_16v
[...]

But next time, I have to bring a digital SLR. The Canon Powershot SD200 just wasn't getting the job done. The pictures are okay, but they just don't come alive and can't really illustrate the magnitude of the scenery.

Before blaiming your camera, there's little that photoshop can't fix (maybe went a bit to far, but you get the point ):

Pictures taken with a digital SLR will maybe look even worse, before you do some digital processing in Photoshop.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:38 AM   #6
TT
Regular User

Yep, martin said it pretty well, 50% of the final result in a good picture is up to postprocessing
Old 11-20-2005, 10:35 AM   #7
komotar
Regular User

Originally Posted by MartijnGizmo
[...]

Before blaiming your camera, there's little that photoshop can't fix (maybe went a bit to far, but you get the point ):

Pictures taken with a digital SLR will maybe look even worse, before you do some digital processing in Photoshop.

when I wan't to open your shopped pic, I only get the imageshack home page.........am I the only one

oh, ae86_16v, breathtaking scenery! Thx very much for the pics.....saved most of them 8)

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:38 AM   #8
dingo
Regular User

Amazing!!!! :shock:

That is truly stunning scenery, thanks for the pics.

Originally Posted by komotar

when I wan't to open your shopped pic, I only get the imageshack home page.........am I the only one
same prob here, just use this link: http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6...me29gr22db.jpg (works for me that way)