Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 02-03-2005, 11:35 AM   #16
Anonymous

O.k so I have been bad and not notioed the replys to this topic so here goes

Originally Posted by PATo355
Astonishing machine man , glad you got it for the insurance , would you mind running superpi 4m on it ? maybe that will beat us all :cry:
posted that earlier, did o.k but i have no idea how to improve it, this time was "straight out of the box"

Originally Posted by MBW124
what's the weight and the overall dimensions of that lap top? Very nice lap top by the way. I didn't think the insurance would cover it. LMAO!
Dimensions: 358mm x 269mm x 36.6mm Not too bad and the casing gives the optical illusion of it being thinner, but really its not meant for life on the road as battery only lasts about 2 and a bit hours in my experienceIt weighs 3.6kg all in BTW,

As for the insurance covering it, well my old one cost more, still you wouldn't believe the arguements i had with the company appointed by my insurance to supply it. basically their supplier wouldn't have stock till around the end of jan..... i needed it for work and did a bit of research (5 mins in google) and found it in stock £50 cheaper than they were saying. My insurance company had paid them the ammout (with the £50 extra) and i had paid them a £50 excess. But still they argued, till i told them what bollocks they were talking and threatened to make a formal complaint to my insurers still got there in the end, and it runs everything so quickly
Old 02-03-2005, 05:01 PM   #17
MBW124

Originally Posted by AL123
what's the weight and the overall dimensions of that lap top? Very nice lap top by the way. I didn't think the insurance would cover it. LMAO!
Dimensions: 358mm x 269mm x 36.6mm Not too bad and the casing gives the optical illusion of it being thinner, but really its not meant for life on the road as battery only lasts about 2 and a bit hours in my experienceIt weighs 3.6kg all in BTW,

As for the insurance covering it, well my old one cost more, still you wouldn't believe the arguements i had with the company appointed by my insurance to supply it. basically their supplier wouldn't have stock till around the end of jan..... i needed it for work and did a bit of research (5 mins in google) and found it in stock £50 cheaper than they were saying. My insurance company had paid them the ammout (with the £50 extra) and i had paid them a £50 excess. But still they argued, till i told them what bollocks they were talking and threatened to make a formal complaint to my insurers still got there in the end, and it runs everything so quickly
yeah the dimensions arent so bad at all. Even though I had to convert it to inches and Lbs. LOL You're right about the casing, it does give a illusion of being thinner. Then again, so does my dell.

lol...the best way seems to be that if anything ever happens to your equipment...always get the insurers involved.
MBW124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:10 PM   #18
TT
Regular User

As you know, I don't understand a fuck when it's about computers and shit, but who cares congrats on the purchase, anyway as long as it allows you to connect to the web and come to JW, it is a good laptop
Old 02-03-2005, 05:47 PM   #19
MBW124

Originally Posted by TT
As you know, I don't understand a fuck when it's about computers and shit, but who cares congrats on the purchase, anyway as long as it allows you to connect to the web and come to JW, it is a good laptop
lol...very good point indeed. Just as long as its able to get on the internet and JW and who the fuck cares about the specs.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:50 PM   #20
TT
Regular User

LOL this shows Al is a clever guy
Old 02-03-2005, 06:07 PM   #21
Anonymous

Originally Posted by TT
hhehe neither do I really, just what others advise me..... take it in When looking for this one all i did was look for one with the 1gb of Ram as standard... saw this one that looked cool and there we are . Indeed the main thing after work is that JW works

Originally Posted by brembo

The machine sounds sweet Al hope it will not end its life in a flight of stairs as the old one........
If it does I may have trouble with the claim LOL!

Originally Posted by brembo
And he uses your pic as a background Matteo..... 8)
Originally Posted by TT
LOL this shows Al is a clever guy
But of course, where else can i get pics like this..... my current one

Old 02-03-2005, 06:30 PM   #22
MBW124

AL123...I see you're using Ad-aware personal. If you want professional, let me know and I'll yousendit.com

Wait, you use Solidworks 2005? I'm a CSWP if you know what that is.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:06 PM   #23
Anonymous

AL123...I see you're using Ad-aware personal. If you want professional, let me know and I'll yousendit.com

Wait, you use Solidworks 2005? I'm a CSWP if you know what that is.
Well, thats a very kind offer dude, is there much difference between the two? As for a CSWP I don't have the first clue LOL! We use solidworks this year for my product design course though, always used Pro E before, which i must remember to reinstall LOL! Then i can decide which one i prefer
Old 02-03-2005, 07:15 PM   #24
MBW124

You can learn more about the Ad-Aware Pro here. http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/...eprofessional/

Let me know if you're interested.

As for Solidworks. CSWP stands for Certified Solidworks Professional. The highest rank any solidworks professional can get worldwide. So I take it that you're just studying Solidworks then. I assumed it was a profession since I saw it on your desktop. lol

Solidworks is a much better 3D Cad/CAM program in my opinion.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:24 PM   #25
Anonymous

You can learn more about the Ad-Aware Pro here. http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/...eprofessional/

Let me know if you're interested.

As for Solidworks. CSWP stands for Certified Solidworks Professional. The highest rank any solidworks professional can get worldwide. So I take it that you're just studying Solidworks then. I assumed it was a profession since I saw it on your desktop. lol

Solidworks is a much better 3D Cad/CAM program in my opinion.
yep still very much learning everything But since i seem to have spent the last couple of weeks messing about in it and 3d studio max they are probably the most used programs Hopefully one day i'll master it all like you, and maybe even understand the damn error messages

BTW i completely forgot to say, Welcome to JW , stick around you'll love it
Old 02-03-2005, 07:27 PM   #26
MBW124

LOL...actually SW is a lot simplier in my opinion. You just have to get use to all the features and work you way around the program and you'll be mastering it in no time.

Thank you for the welcome. I'm liking it so far. So many didnt topics too read! can't keep up. LOL

So, would you like that switch to Ad-aware professional? LOL!
Old 02-04-2005, 05:17 AM   #27
dingo
Regular User

Nice laptop Al, a fair bit better then mine....time for an upgrade (maybe a fall down the stairs will do the job)

Originally Posted by mclaren_Gt
wow amazing 3.7 ghz 64 bits, and ati radeon 128mb, in a laptop, wow
the 3700+ doesn't actually have a clock speed of 3.7Ghz, its 'only' 2.4Ghz if I remember correctly.....but as Dan said its roughly equivalent to a P4 running at that speed
Old 02-04-2005, 09:42 AM   #28
Anonymous

LOL...actually SW is a lot simplier in my opinion. You just have to get use to all the features and work you way around the program and you'll be mastering it in no time.

Thank you for the welcome. I'm liking it so far. So many didnt topics too read! can't keep up. LOL

So, would you like that switch to Ad-aware professional? LOL!
Yeah I found it easier to pick up than Pro E . Only occasionly do i completely stuff up now and can't work out what i did wrong, the helpfile is good though . As for Ad-aware professional i'll leave it for the moment as I already have a massive backlog of software to install and also putting some vids onto dvd to send to my dad the standard is o.k for my needs at the moment I think. But none the less thanks for the kind offer I know what you mean about keeping up! You'll just have to become an addict like the rest of us!

Originally Posted by dingo22
Nice laptop Al, a fair bit better then mine....time for an upgrade (maybe a fall down the stairs will do the job)
Believe me you don't want to go through that experience!! especially when you have work deadlines for shortly after xmas!! (oh and your dealing with a company appointed by your insurers with employees who seem to speak permanant bullshit! 24/7)
Old 02-04-2005, 11:13 PM   #29
PATo355
Regular User

Bah the superpi time is very good , remember its a laptop

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 03:29 AM   #30
dingo
Regular User

LOL.....I love your new title Al, very fitting