Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2004, 12:09 AM   #1
pimrusis
Regular User

Default Americans

An 18 year old in one of Pennsylvania's finest high schools (the good part of PA, not the middle) said the things below :

The interesting lunchtime topic of discussion:
A girl with whom I eat lunch - by association, not friendship - today denied the existence of Central America. She had no knowledge of the countries of Guatemala and Costa Rica. She claimed that Mexico City was in the United States, and that Guatemala City was in Mexico. She then went on further and pondered how come Salt Lake City was in Utah, and not in the nation called "Salt Lake."
To these comments I replied: Central America is real, and it is bet ween North and South America - hence central. That Guatemala and Costa Rica are real countries, and that now, having established that Guatemala is, in fact, real, I informed her that Guatemala City was this new country's capitol. I then went on to point out that Mexico city, was indeed in Mexico and not in the United States as she originally thought. Finally I went on to regretfully inform her that there is no such country as "Salt Lake", and that Salt Lake City was actually named after a salty lake in Utah. Then I went to study hall, and after following me into the room she insinuated that I had AIDS. The end.