Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-25-2005, 02:24 PM   #1
callen
Regular User

Default Christmas is BACK ON! wooooooo!

So here I am flipping through my school(well recent grad of) newpaper. There is a fellow who has been writing the auto column for as long as I have been at the school, and he has an add out in the paper. I guess there is a new exotic car rental company in Toronto called dream rides and he is somehow affiliated with it. Now i always wondered how this guy got his hands on the awesome rides he writes about, and looks like I have found out how! Neways, more to the point, the company is offering one hour test drives in a Ferrari 360 Modena Spider!!!!!!!!!!! 8) :shock: :shock: The cost is $199 CAN and for us enthusiasts it is a fucking steal of a deal! So I jumped all over it called him and have booked my hour the first one when he gets into town late morning on Friday. I will know more details soon, but guys I have not been able to wipe the smile off my face since last nite! I am finally going to get not only a ride in a ferrari, but a 360 spider no less, and MY hands will be on the wheel. MY right foot on the super sensitve 400bhp inducing throttle!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOo I cant wait!! more details to come, and of course a little What you saw today topic when I get the proof pics.

PS. If you are in the london ontario area, (or willing to come down here) PM me and I will give you the contact info for the guy setting up the test drive.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:26 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

A steal indeed! Well done! here either you rent it 24 hours, either you walk. There aren't shorter periods possible!! I would definitely jump on it like you did!!
Old 04-25-2005, 02:27 PM   #3
blah
Regular User

NICE....Take video you lucky bastard.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:41 PM   #4
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

goddamn thats aweosme news, i wish something like that would pop up around where i live, i would jump all over that in a heartbeat! well keep us updated on how that goes 8)
Old 04-25-2005, 02:49 PM   #5
TT
Regular User

Oh yes BTW, will you have somebody beside you or it's really like a normal rental? Seems a bit risky for them to lend the car to somebody for just an hour since probably 50% of the ppl will take it back too late
Old 04-25-2005, 04:19 PM   #6
|Nuno|
Regular User

Lucky bastard, that's really cheap!

Anyway, congrats and enjoy your ride. 8)

Ah, and don't forget the pics!
Old 04-25-2005, 04:27 PM   #7
komotar
Regular User

noe that's what I call one hell of a deal!

Somebody being there to watch you or not, driving the 360 has to be amazing...

I can't wait for the report....

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:45 PM   #8
ZfrkS62
Regular User

you lucky little weasel! Forget the M5's and 3's i get occasionally drive. I'd love to get my grubby little mits on a Ferrari steering wheel..and actually be able to use it Looking forward to your pics 8)

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:51 PM   #9
callen
Regular User

TT, yes the guy who works for the rental shop will be sitting right there next to me, which helps avoid any hefty deposits! Normally it is only for 24 hours, but this is a special thing they did last year in Toronto, which they decided since it worked so well last year, to do it in London this year. I am praying it does not rain, but if it does, the power is still totally usable. I just wont get to hear that 3.6 litre v8 Scream quite as loud i will keep you posted, i will get as many pics as I can and try and get my mitts on a vid camera, but there will be limited pics, since I must focus my time on the driving of the Ferrari and not the pic taking. If i was the passenger i would take a million pics, but as the driver.... duty calls boys!!! AGAIN, anyone in southern ontario interested in this once (well maybe twice) in a life time experience, PM me and I will get you the contact info. You must come to London though. (worth the trip IMO)
Old 04-25-2005, 05:40 PM   #10
ARMAN
Regular User

Cool :shock: Isnt here someone on the board how can go with you???

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:54 PM   #11
callen
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
Cool :shock: Isnt here someone on the board how can go with you???
Arman, anyone in the area who is close enough to London ontario can drive the spider as well. They only need to PM me and I will give them the required info and contacts to get it set up. But they must act quickly because I am sure the weekend will book quickly, and it only for two days (May 13th and 14th). They also offer a half day package to drive an F355, Lambo Gallardo, c5 Z06, Saleen Mustang and a 911 turbo at mosport, for just under 700. This is a good deal as well IMO, with instructors helping you out during the track day.(half day) and Dani, I do not need to take detail pics, and angle shots of this car, I am very familiar with how it looks already(well not THIS car, but the 360 spider) and am much more worried about driving it for as much as the hour as possible. I will of course get a pic with me in the car, by the car, with the gf in it with me, that kinda thing. What I do promise to provide is detailed driving impressions, and the pics I will take!
Old 04-25-2005, 06:58 PM   #12
ARMAN
Regular User

Hehe... got it put your camera on "auto" mode

Crap, so many cars for so little money *................ARMAN is ExTrEmElY jelous........*

.................................................. .............................
Old 04-25-2005, 06:59 PM   #13
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Originally Posted by callen
but there will be limited pics, since I must focus my time on the driving of the Ferrari and not the pic taking. If i was the passenger i would take a million pics, but as the driver.... duty calls boys!!!
It's what I was gonna say... If I were you... no pics, no vids... and 60 minutes of pure sexual experience driving the Spider!!! One thing is clear... those oportunities only come once in a lifetime... so the pics can always wait...
No they can't if it is one oppurtinity like this in a lifetime, you definitely need some pics to remember it in front of your fireplace with your grandchildren on your knees listening to the story
Old 04-25-2005, 07:01 PM   #14
ARMAN
Regular User

/\ LOL TT

Old 04-25-2005, 07:19 PM   #15
callen
Regular User

O yah guys i forgot to mention, the spider is also equipped with a TUBI exhaust. What can I expect from the sound? besides alot louder of course!! Also it is an F1 tranny so are there any tricks to driving this system, since needless to say I have never gotten my hands on a sophistacated gearbox such as this. I want to be fully prepared to drive this car, not spend half an hour 'getting used to it'!