Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 05-12-2005, 03:26 PM   #1
PaulGT2164
Regular User

Default arizona....

http://speedofsound.halocircle.com/g...ome/index.html

Old 05-12-2005, 03:36 PM   #2
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i hated my 2.5 years in Arizona, but on the upside, there are alot of long barren roads like that if you head North out of Phoenix on I-17 for a few miles I found a couple of them. One out by Deer Valley Airport and then New River Road where alot of the street races used to take place (don't know if they still do cuz just before i left, i heard there was a huge raid) Where did you take these at?

Friday nights at 35th Ave and Northern there is a large gathering of cars in the Goodwill Parking lot. I've seen alot of nice classics in that group, and all the ricers got ostricised to the far corner

Also 35th Ave and Union Hills at the Sonic used to be a hotspot as well if you wanted to laugh at rice, but there were a few Mustangs and even an old Mini that usually showed up.

oh, every 2nd wednsday at scottsdale nissan the Desert Z Association meets. i think it starts at 7pm. Might a good place to stir up some new buisiness

I guess the other nice thing about AZ is the year round sun that invites all the muscle cars out to play

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:45 PM   #3
PaulGT2164
Regular User

most of those pics were taken on apache trail

the last one is my fav

they were taken while i was breaking in the miata
Old 05-12-2005, 04:05 PM   #4
ZfrkS62
Regular User

*scratches head trying to remember where apache trail was*

sounds familiar but i just can't rememeber where it is. other than diving up to Globe/Miami, the furthest i went was to Manzanita Raceway where one of the instructors was racing the dirt track.

did end up in Sedona once when my parents came to visit...but that was more for them.

Old 05-12-2005, 08:37 PM   #5
blah
Regular User

I was in arizona over spring break. I was in Havasu area.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:47 PM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Playboy rated Lake Havasu as one of the top 3 places for a 3some to occur from some of the stories i've heard about that place, i can believe it.

But if you want a cheaper thrill, go down to Mill Ave in Tempe on a Friday or Saturday night about 9:00 (just don't drive up and down it, you'll get pulled over for cruising)