Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 01-15-2006, 02:39 AM   #1
RC45
Regular User

Default Another wrecked C6 Z06...

I wonder if it ever occured to the car manufacturers to not release new hi-po RWD cars at the beginning of winter..

I guess we are gonna hear it now from all those people that said a cheap 500hp 198mph car is a bad idea - because the poor people can't drive like the millionaires who buy F-Cars and P-Cars...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 02:43 AM   #2
ZfrkS62
Regular User

poor people cant control power

Just goes along with all the Ferrari pics of people wedged under other cars

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 02:47 AM   #3
bmagni
Regular User

Default Re: Another wrecked C6 Z06...

Originally Posted by RC45
I guess we are gonna hear it now from all those people that said a cheap 500hp 198mph car is a bad idea - because the poor people can't drive like the millionaires who buy F-Cars and P-Cars...
isnt it that real car enthusiasts drive the vettes and posers drive ferraris and porsches ?
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 02:55 AM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
isnt it that real car enthusiasts drive the vettes and posers drive ferraris and porsches ?
So the F-Car posers never push the envelope - and the valet parking attendent puts more miles on the car than the owner?
Old 01-15-2006, 02:57 AM   #5
bmagni
Regular User

So the F-Car posers never push the envelope - and the valet parking attendent puts more miles on the car than the owner?
naaaah a Ferrari is more tempting than a Vette, unless you barely could afford buying a used 360....
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:45 AM   #6
nthfinity
Regular User

naaaah a Ferrari is more tempting than a Vette, unless you barely could afford buying a used 360....
not at all... the vette is just more available to anybody... 500 hp and 3100 lbs is still 500 hp, and 3100 lbs
Old 01-15-2006, 03:51 PM   #7
godspeed06
Regular User

newspaper fucked up and said it has 550hp....
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 11:48 PM   #8
nthfinity
Regular User

BTW..... this is the second Z that we've seen on its roof... is this car really an SUV in disguise?
Old 01-16-2006, 12:44 AM   #9
JoeHahn
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
BTW..... this is the second Z that we've seen on its roof... is this car really an SUV in disguise?
The CoG is way too high and it just rolls over unexpectedly, even in a slight breeze
Old 01-16-2006, 04:41 AM   #10
gangajas
Regular User

This happens when a car has unpredictable handling. You only have to see K. Tsuchiya test of the standard Corvette....He said that the car is 'Dangerous'
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:51 AM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas
This happens when a car has unpredictable handling. You only have to see K. Tsuchiya test of the standard Corvette....He said that the car is 'Dangerous'
OK - this is the dumbest statement ever posted on JW - bar none.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:05 AM   #12
gtx28
Regular User

This happens when a car has unpredictable handling.
Where do you dig this shit up anyhow?

Ya the car is aerodynamically sound to over 200mph makes 500hp and weighs 3100lbs. So naturally since it dosent have a ferrari badge its no good :wanker:
Old 01-16-2006, 11:14 AM   #13
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas
No!

A 500bhp/3000lb RWD car needs to be given a good amount of respect. You can't just jump in and floor the throttle and expect all the electronics to keep you from getting into trouble.

Power to weight of 6 lb/hp is supercar territory. I am sure you all have seen the videos of the crashed Enzo and crashed CGTs. These cars need drivers with ability and good amount of (un)common sense. You need to take it easy if the outside temps are cool or if there is inclement weather.

I am wondering if this guy owned a Impreza, WRX or S4 earlier? These cars can be driven hard in any circumstances. My car's traction allows me to barely bother about the weather or road conditions. However, I know that if I am getting into a powerful RWD car, I will need to exercise caution.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:14 AM   #14
5vz-fe
Regular User

I believe ppl's ego grows bigger as the hp goes bigger in their cars. What do they do when they have big ego?

- turn off TC, DSC ...
- ignoring they have summer tires on a cold winter morning....
- seeing twisties more straight
- car should handle exactly like it did in GT4

JoeHahn, the std Corvette has a much softer suspension...........and Corvettes are not really design for that kinda "circuits" to start with anyways.

RC, comon.....don't squish everyone

PS: Flame Proof Jacket ON!
Old 11-01-2006, 09:26 PM   #15
DodgeMan1969
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
poor people cant control power

Just goes along with all the Ferrari pics of people wedged under other cars
Hey poor people can control power, its young rich boys that cant handle it. My dad isnt super rich but he aint poor but hes from the 60's he has owned 500hp beumonts, a trans am or two. He can controll power.
DodgeMan1969 is offline   Reply With Quote