Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 05-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #46
Wutputt
Regular User

As I already said to you: you lucky bastard

I envy you a lot, but I'm also pleased you had this experience. The owner must be such a nice guy he let you drive his baby.
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 03:56 PM   #47
TNT
Regular User

Lamboooooooooooooooo, i will own one..... :roll: all in time. i love that color. great pics.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:04 PM   #48
Fleischmann
Regular User

I can sense your hoy and excitement just by looking at the topic title That puts your scoreboard to 2 - you've drive a 360 earlier and now this. And what a generous owner, I can only imagine that if I had the cash I wouln't let anybody behind the steering wheel of my supercar. Congrats.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:32 PM   #49
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
much better now isnt it?

Cars have some sort of protection that once the car is in motion, it wont let you go to R or 1'st gear without applying the "neutral-accelerate-clutch-gear" method. So I suppose there is no chance on messing up the engine even if accidentally trying to find 1st where it is not.
thanks for the pic but this one is a Murcie but the one above is the Diablo's i didnt know it was a 5 gear tranny i thought it was a 6 gear on all lambos. but man that is weird to see. i know what you mean now TT thatd be really confusing for me too!
SilviaEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 04:36 PM   #50
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by Fleischmann
I can sense your hoy and excitement just by looking at the topic title That puts your scoreboard to 2 - you've drive a 360 earlier and now this. And what a generous owner, I can only imagine that if I had the cash I wouln't let anybody behind the steering wheel of my supercar. Congrats.
Well yes, F and L are covered, and partially P (Porsche) too, even if only with a 996 Carrera 4 :bah: better than nothing, but it might change one day

I forgot to post this

basically presents the owner took with him for me: polo shirt, hat and 1:18 Diablo. I also have to ask him if I can share on the net the Nardo pics he gave me, they are really something

And here is the SV's gearbox:

BTW, don't even start to argue about the material's quality when seen upclose. Indeed the interior is a bit worn down, but you should consider this car is no garage queen. In one year he did 10'000+ km, can't remember exactly how many, maybe even 15'000.
he DROVE from Switzerland to Nardo, which is around 3000 km back and forth + lapping at 300 kmh+ on the oval track.
This WE he had a business event between his home and Lausanne + the indepth and yesterday I had him at the phone and he told me he did (yesterday alone) 400 km. can't guess how many we did around here, but we burned more than half a tank if I recall correctly.

So it's normal that the car looks a bit "used" and Ihave nothing against it actually
This summer he'll have a private track day in Monza, which is pretty close to my parent's, so I'll try to be there to lap on track with him, would be amazing
Old 05-06-2006, 05:26 PM   #51
coombsie66
Regular User

Nice 8) An awsome experience for sure.
The conventional name for the gear box shift pattern in question is a 'dog leg' box, the BMW E30 M3's have a dog leg box too.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:26 PM   #52
Evo
Regular User

Congragulations TT on getting on the dark side of the moon..
I really know what you mean about having guts to hold the throttle until 7,000 and still be able to shift.. The whole front end of the Diablo lifts up when you accelerate and it's a feeling until now never got from any other car.. not even it's younger brother the gallardo. The Diablo is in a catogary of it's own although a lot of cars are much faster than it is but non can give you the noise and feeling it does..

By the way love the pictures.. Super great quality...and I really hope one day you get to drive a Miura.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:36 PM   #53
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Damn you lucky wanker the diablo is my all time favourite Lamborghini. I don't prefer lambos now that they have 4WD.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:27 PM   #54
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
much better now isnt it?

Cars have some sort of protection that once the car is in motion, it wont let you go to R or 1'st gear without applying the "neutral-accelerate-clutch-gear" method. So I suppose there is no chance on messing up the engine even if accidentally trying to find 1st where it is not.
Ah yes thats how my Fiero is, only you cant see it as well as you can there lol. Its a big guessing game when your new to the car. i would imagine the way TT describes it is even more difficult to remember.

Edit: I see the pic he posted now. Yea thats gotta be tough lol
Old 05-08-2006, 02:52 AM   #55
sikx5
Regular User

Wow TT - what an amazing experience, to behind the wheel of a raging bull, congrats man! And its fucken awesome to know it gets driven. MHH on the ferrari chat had a gallardo and did 40,000km+ on it, i think in one year. :shock:
Old 05-08-2006, 05:23 AM   #56
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by sikx5
...MHH on the ferrari chat had a gallardo and did 40,000km+ on it, i think in one year. :shock:
33,000km in more than a year.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:28 AM   #57
TT
Regular User

That's really a lot! But a Gallardo is so much more useable than a Diablo so it's quite easy if you have the needed passion, to use it as a daily drive
Old 05-08-2006, 05:45 AM   #58
sikx5
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
Originally Posted by sikx5
...MHH on the ferrari chat had a gallardo and did 40,000km+ on it, i think in one year. :shock:
33,000km in more than a year.
ahhh you are correct . I just checked, could of swarn it was 40,000 +
Old 05-09-2006, 11:33 PM   #59
karcs
Regular User

congrats!!! diablo sv is my dream car... id love to drive one! must have been an insane experience!

the shifter is a bit weird at first but most cars have a lock on reverse and you need to push straight down to use it so theres no mistakes made. i think the 993s are the worst since you can easily push it left too far and be in reverse and not first. u gotta get used to the different shifters if you're gonna keep drivin these supercars! i know some other cars have a similar setup.. only one i can think of right now is a 328

http://anything-auto.net/CARS/Ferrar...5328gts_05.jpg
Old 05-10-2006, 12:44 AM   #60
Schwalbe

Congrats TT for this special ride onboard the famous Lambo Diablo SV.

Thanks for your pix and your cool report. :good:
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote