Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Scale Models

Scale Models Discuss your model collections in here inc R/C models

Old 10-13-2004, 10:57 AM   #1
mrpushrod
Regular User

Default Any R/C car collectors/enthusiasts?

Hello everyone, just thought I'd share my R/C car collection with you all. I've been collecting about 5 years since just after I started working in my local hobby shop part time. I mainly collect old Tamiyas but have other makes as well, if I like it, I'll collect it! So far I have around 35 cars although am always on the look out for more. I also race a Losi XXX-S (Skoda Octavia) and a Associated TC3 Rally (Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak). Anyone else out there into RC?

Escudo

Skoda

Pajero

Mercedes 190 Evo II

Audi Quattro Pike Peak

My showroom on Tamiyaclub; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=79
Old 10-13-2004, 11:01 AM   #2
mclaren_Gt
Regular User

wow man very nice collection

What R/C car is the faster of this?
Old 10-13-2004, 11:17 AM   #3
mrpushrod
Regular User

Thanks for the compliments! The fastest RC I have is my Sauber Mercedes C11 although it all depends on what motor I am running. Potentially the fastest car I have is an old Sepent 1/8th nitro which needs loads of work. Given the right engine an gearing it should easily top 70mph I prefer electric though as nitro is way too messy for my liking!
Old 10-13-2004, 05:02 PM   #4
666fast
Regular User

I have is an old Sepent 1/8th nitro
I've driven a newer version of those, they are freakin fast!
I dont' collect them, I beat the living crap out of them. I only have one at the moment, sold the others awhile ago. You probably have heard of it since you work at a hobby shop. I've got an Ofna Violator. I've had lots of fun with it.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:08 PM   #5
TransAm
Regular User

Hey pushrod, welcome to JW.

Do Tamiya still make the Grasshopper? I remember a couple of other R/C they made from years back when I had a Grasshopper but their names escape me now. I remember a monster truck style VW Beetle (Baja Bug?) and the Hornet, that was another one like the 'hopper!!

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:12 PM   #6
Ferrarikid
Regular User

do u have a nitromethane? i dont collect but i have a savage 25 w/ ths pipe new springs motor saver air filter q6 hpi rims and dual disk brake kit also reverse. i recenty broke my gas tank after hitting a ramp at like 30 mph 5 ft in the air and lanted on my lid staight onto concrete.
Ferrarikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 06:12 PM   #7
mrpushrod
Regular User

Originally Posted by TransAm2001
Hey pushrod, welcome to JW.

Do Tamiya still make the Grasshopper? I remember a couple of other R/C they made from years back when I had a Grasshopper but their names escape me now. I remember a monster truck style VW Beetle (Baja Bug?) and the Hornet, that was another one like the 'hopper!!
Tamiya have long stopped production of the Grasshopper, think that went out of production in the 80's. They do a similar sort of car called the Fighter Buggy now which has a swing axle front end and live rear like the Grasshopper but is a totally new car. The Beetle you are thinking of is the Monster Beetle I should imagine, here's mine which is in need of restoration;

Ferrarikid, the only nitro I have is the Serpent 1/8th which isn't a runner, I'm a big electric fan. Got any pics of your savage?
Old 10-14-2004, 07:34 PM   #8
666fast
Regular User

I'm a big electric fan
Electrics are fun and much easier to get going, but after getting my first nitro car (Tamiya TerraCrusher) I haven't looked back.
My favorite electric was my old HPI Rally Car. That thing took a lot of abuse!
Old 10-14-2004, 08:25 PM   #9
mrpushrod
Regular User

I've played with nitro a fair bit, a mate has a Kyosho Inferno MP 7.5 with a top race engine and that is scary fast. The thing is that electric cars tend to be quicker for the places I run them, fairly confined spaces. Electric is also the most popular format for racing both at home and when I am uni. The main reason is the mess though, I'm too damn lazy to clean the dust off my electrics, let alone trying to get oil and other crap off a nitro!