Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 12-11-2005, 08:00 PM   #31
TT
Regular User

Well you can put it on the roof, I saw quite a lot of 911 fully equipped in St. Moritz over the years
Old 12-11-2005, 08:19 PM   #32
oscargarza88
Regular User

oh hey i just remembered to ask something ral quik...
im guessing the car has traction control right....
if it does whers the button to turn it off?!
cause i was wondering... i mean i think its almst obvious that the car has TC... but i cant find a button anywhere to turn it off... and i guessing ur car would have the same as my dads..
thanks
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:47 AM   #33
pzgren
Regular User

the button is on the left hand side from the navi. should be easy to find cause it's labeled with TC. i can make you a picture and show it to you. looking for some fun?
Old 12-12-2005, 03:54 AM   #34
CSedl87
Regular User

I must say that your car looks beautiful! A nice mix of menacing, and classy. Good choice!
"At a given day and a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit, and you touch the limit, and you think 'okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens in you so that you can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and your experience as well, you can fly very high" - Ayrton Senna
CSedl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:04 AM   #35
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by pzgren
the button is on the left hand side from the navi. should be easy to find cause it's labeled with TC. i can make you a picture and show it to you. looking for some fun?
well my dads car doesnt have a navigation... but i know what u mean...
and i would think it would be there, cause thats were ive seen it on some cars... but ive only seen it in the turbo models... and in my dads the button is there but its all black, and its not movable... its just there as to fill in the "button space".
ill take a icture of it if u want... here is one i took some time ago where you can barelly see the top button...
Old 12-12-2005, 08:47 AM   #36
pzgren
Regular User

hmm, as you can see in my car the button is there where i explained

and the control light of the tc should be left too on the panel, it's difficult to see on your pic which one it is on the left

well, that's a bit strange, i cannot imagine that your dads isn't equipped with this button.... cannot remeber, ist it 4WD or RWD?

----->>edit<<-------

made quick a pic of the control panel. on the left there's the light for the tc.

Old 12-12-2005, 02:54 PM   #37
Wutputt
Regular User

Originally Posted by oscargarza88
and i would think it would be there, cause thats were ive seen it on some cars... but ive only seen it in the turbo models... and in my dads the button is there but its all black, and its not movable... its just there as to fill in the "button space".
Maybe your dad's car has PSM (Porsche's ESP)? In that case the button is called 'PSM'
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:23 PM   #38
TransAm
Regular User

Originally Posted by Wutputt
Originally Posted by oscargarza88
Maybe your dad's car has PSM (Porsche's ESP)? In that case the button is called 'PSM'
I can confirm this - the TC button in US Porsches is labelled PSM

I know this cos my mate just bought a Boxster S and keeps switching it off to do fish impressions up the road.

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:40 PM   #39
RC45
Regular User

Porsches have PMS?

I always suspected that Porsches were chick's cars... but having PMS means they are CHICK cars... hehe
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:43 PM   #40
5vz-fe
Regular User

^Its ok, it got wings ...
Old 12-12-2005, 10:09 PM   #41
oscargarza88
Regular User

hmm, as you can see in my car the button is there where i explained

and the control light of the tc should be left too on the panel, it's difficult to see on your pic which one it is on the left

well, that's a bit strange, i cannot imagine that your dads isn't equipped with this button.... cannot remeber, ist it 4WD or RWD?

----->>edit<<-------

made quick a pic of the control panel. on the left there's the light for the tc.

thats weird... and yes, in that place is where i supposed the buttos was... but in my dads car its just a black button like the other buttons ur car has under the TC one...
and well according to me its RWD... i mean it should be... its a "simple" carrera...
i would chek the little booklet thing but it didnt come with it from where my dad bought it...
and Wutputt, i havent seen any buttons at all related to any kind of traction control... no PMS either.. i dunno ill look harder... although ive looked in the glove box and eveything...
thanks
Old 12-12-2005, 10:34 PM   #42
ae86_16v
Regular User

Don't know much about Porsches but I thought PSM was only on newer generation of cars.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 01:50 PM   #43
Wutputt
Regular User

Originally Posted by ae86_16v
Don't know much about Porsches but I thought PSM was only on newer generation of cars.
I don't know the situation in the US, but in Europe PSM was fitted as standard on the 996 C4, C4S, Turbo and Turbo S. And it was an option on the 996 C2.
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 07:51 AM   #44
pzgren
Regular User

I came back from Zurich a few weeks ago and had a beautifull sunset in the mirror. I had to stop and take a few pics.
This will be the last pics before the modifications will take place. if everything works fine the first mods should be finished next week. i'll keep you updated.
Hope you enjoy the pics:

Old 05-14-2006, 07:58 AM   #45
TT
Regular User

Indeed a brillant sunset and nice pics ! it was a good idea to stop there!