Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-29-2004, 07:48 AM   #16
FoxFour
Regular User

I heard that the model is inconsolable right now, I'll console her Sounds to me like she got bitch slapped with reality. There's more to life than cat-fighting with other supermodels and purging your life away, but I digress. And that interior designer that was made famous on Oprah Winfrey, he lost his friend. WTF was he doing there this time of year with a guy friend ? :roll: You know that deep inside Oprah is going to get a lot of airtime with his plight. Maybe she can donate the food from her refrigerator, that's good for half the population of India right there. Rumor has it she's on her way to Pontiac HQ, she wants to give everyone over there a new GTO, nobody's buying them anyways.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 07:54 AM   #17
No.1
Regular User

Hmmm.... it is human fascination with celebrity.

Dan, and the other UK members, will know what a pain in the arse David Beckham is and the amount of column inches he gets per year.

Another thing that annoys me is the fact that headlines such as "thousands killled with 10 Brits in tradgedy" Who gives a danm if they are British or not? It's alright that a few Bangladeshi peasants got killed?!! It makes me mad, and this story about a supermodel is so fucking stupid i couldn't care less.... there's plenty more pussy like her in the world
Old 12-29-2004, 08:47 AM   #18
igeorge

Originally Posted by insane
Originally Posted by thenumber1

Dan, and the other UK members, will know what a pain in the arse David Beckham is and the amount of column inches he gets per year.

Another thing that annoys me is the fact that headlines such as "thousands killled with 10 Brits in tradgedy" Who gives a danm if they are British or not? It's alright that a few Bangladeshi peasants got killed?!! It makes me mad, and this story about a supermodel is so fucking stupid i couldn't care less.... there's plenty more pussy like her in the world
Brits should care if their fellow countrymen were involved. If that hadn't been mentioned, you'd probably be bitchin about how they didn't mention it and how the family members back home must live not knowing for sure what has ahapened to their kin.
quite likely we would complain at that, but instead we have the fucking news people going to homes of people who either lost family or dont know whether their loved ones survived or not, and thats pretty fucked up IMO, those poor people do not need a load of sensationalist journalists in their faces at such a time taking advantage of the situation
Old 12-29-2004, 09:09 AM   #19
possessed_beaver
Regular User

don't worry evreyone, im sure we will see her on oprah in a few weeks time telling of her "near death" experance, how it has changed her life, and now she is releasing a book on the tragic events, and how she has set up a charity to help people who chiped a nail during the wave,

ohhh lets not forget her new found faith in god..
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 09:19 AM   #20
FoxFour
Regular User

Petra Nemcova has a broken pelvis. Means she's not fuckable right now.
And Fox & Friends has been mentioning every five minutes about her plight. Seems to me that someone over at Fox has been masturbating to her image too much. Betcha right now Geraldo Rivera is on the way over there so he could pick up some Red Cross poontang
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
Old 12-29-2004, 09:35 AM   #21
FoxFour
Regular User

Petra Nemcova update:
Friends of her say that she's in good spirits and is taking a large amount of morphine for the pain: What else is new
They also said that she is confident that her boyfriend WILL be found: Yeah, bloated like a Puffer Fish
For more updates on this beautiful human being

www.pnemcova.kmmod.com/index.htm
Adolf Galland
Old 12-29-2004, 11:11 AM   #22
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
Originally Posted by insane
Originally Posted by thenumber1

Brits should care if their fellow countrymen were involved. If that hadn't been mentioned, you'd probably be bitchin about how they didn't mention it and how the family members back home must live not knowing for sure what has ahapened to their kin.
quite likely we would complain at that, but instead we have the fucking news people going to homes of people who either lost family or dont know whether their loved ones survived or not, and thats pretty fucked up IMO, those poor people do not need a load of sensationalist journalists in their faces at such a time taking advantage of the situation
You both make very good points, and i suppose it cannot be seen entirely in one light
Old 12-29-2004, 11:40 AM   #23
blinkmeat
Regular User

Good, I'm glad she survived. Now do Playboy hunny
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:43 AM   #24
caneswell
Regular User

Is this Fox "News" by any chance? I was watching that with amazement yesterday. Shortly after i first heard the news all the other sky digital news channels had live dedicated coverage of the tsunami aftermath, whereas Fox dedicated 10seconds to mention the 11k dead (at that time) before talking about some footballer who had presumably hurt his toe or something, unbelievable.

Would make a great comedy show outside of the US (if it wasn't real life!), i believe some people take it seriously over there thou which is worrying.

although it may explain why the country is in such a mess at the moment.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:59 AM   #25
FoxFour
Regular User

This show is on the Fox News network. Fox & Friends is a morning show that serves up the news as well. It's more of a lighthearted show; the three people on the show, one female and two males don't act PC which is what I like. I just wish they would not pay much attention to her, there are tens of thousands of people who have lost everything: homes and family. God knows everyone else is going to be focusing their attention to her. Really, as long as I can remember, the US population have always been interested in Hollywood celebrities, much like the UK goes ga-ga and has devoted an entire industry tracking the comings and goings of the Royal Family.
Adolf Galland
Old 12-29-2004, 12:12 PM   #26
jon_s
Regular User

For me, the only thing that reporting the death / survival of a celebrity does, is bring the event into reality. Let me explain....

On the news we have all seen countless bodies and people. There is a sureal element to it all. Hearing the death count go up hour by hour, day by day into unimaginable figures....70,000 so far, and that is set to rise. God knows when it will stop, especially when disease is taken into account.

Even when the reporters home in on individual people who re-tell their story, there is something not quite real about it; Shock, disbeilef call it what you will.

Then it was reported that David Attenborough lost both his daughters in the disaster. I agree fully that their lives are worth no more than the next, however, the linking of a well known name with the disaster for me at least made it real. Someone I 'knew' had been personally affected by the disaster. I thankfully know of no one personally who has been affected by the disaster, so in effect the death of the two daughters is the closes link I have.

All I am really saying is that we can become numb to all the deaths that we see on the news. It takes a house hold name who has been effected by the disaster to put it back into perspective.
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 12:28 PM   #27
RC45
Regular User

^^^ Agreed as to the sentiment about "personizing" the disaster - but this chick and her entourage must have egos the size of large bus to be pompous enough to think that the public at large will "be on the look out for her boyfriend".

Why not turn the support around to send and offer of donations vs "find my boyfriend now".

*shrug*
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 01:23 PM   #28
jon_s
Regular User

I certainly agree with that.

Going one step further, it would not surprise me if a famous person would actively seek to associate themselves with the disaster: some sort of sob story to a) get back into the public eye and b) redeem themselves in the eyes of the press.

Now that is a sad situation!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote