Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 04-29-2005, 01:51 PM   #1
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

OMG you have never owned a game console!...wow...

well you need the memory card to save your stuff, you HAVE to have this really, there's no other way to save games...unless you own the PS2 HD...but I guess you won't be buying it...

Yes you can play GT4 with just the controller, I do it, of course it's nothing compared to playing with the wheel and pedals...but you can still do it.

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:36 PM   #2
T-Bird
Regular User

well if you buy the new PS2 you have to realize it's no bigger height wise then a Hard Drive so no there is no internal memory device like the four times larger Xbox. I have 2 memory cards and that's been enough for me since the PS2 was released way back when. If you don't have a memory card you will never really progress through a game unless you never turn it off until your done. If you buy the old PS2 you might still be able to locate a hard drive for it but it is kind of expensive IMO.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 04:04 PM   #3
TT
Regular User

For a single game (and actually for more), a single mem card is fine enough. They are kinda cheap. Buy an original one, not a crappy one. And there are ways to transfer your files on the PC if you soon become crazy and want to store more and more file saves.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:24 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Buy a 32mb memory card.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:24 PM   #5
DeMoN
Regular User

You should get one... they are cheap now. I would have one if I had a TV lol. I hate cable and watching comersials so I dont have a TV/Cable.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:55 PM   #6
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
You should get one... they are cheap now. I would have one if I had a TV lol. I hate cable and watching comersials so I dont have a TV/Cable.
...but have a stylish phone...
Old 04-29-2005, 11:08 PM   #7
dingo
Regular User

why don't you get a TV and just not connect the antenna.....then you have no cable channels but can still play PS2
Old 04-30-2005, 01:59 AM   #8
RC45
Regular User

Sony cards are over twice the price of the MadCatz and other. I use the c;one memory cards.

They work great.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:50 PM   #9
SilviaEvo
Regular User

im planning on waiting for PS3 to come out. i dont think its worth it to buy the PS2 right now because its been out for so long and almost due for an update. well then i have the choice of the Xbox 2.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:51 PM   #10
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
...but have a stylish phone...
Lol, I knew this Nokia 8800 would get at me =D

Originally Posted by dingo
why don't you get a TV and just not connect the antenna.....then you have no cable channels but can still play PS2
Bcuz I want a TV worth playing GT4 so that means a LOT of cash. Basically, I might wait for the PS3... it will come out either for Xmas or early next year supposedly.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:59 AM   #11
DeMoN
Regular User

If she doesnt kill you, you might consider the Logitec steering wheel.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:39 AM   #12
Mopsdrops
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
I haven't played GT4 myself, but what I've heard is, that the PS2 controller isn't good enough for playing the game and you'd have to get a wheel for the best results.
Nah, I don't believe that, you can turn as fast as a wheel with the controller en go as fast as pedals when you puss X. Maybe only if your used to drive a wheel it might be better. that's what I think
Old 05-02-2005, 07:51 PM   #13
Mers
Regular User

i do just fine with a controller, but that's cos i never really had the chance to get a wheel...but a controller is good enough...
Old 05-02-2005, 08:15 PM   #14
gottacatchup
Regular User

The wheel is atleast 10 time better than the controller alone. The ability to easily modulate you're imputs and not be at full lock or full throttle constantly makes you a much better, smoother driver and helps with overall car control.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:18 AM   #15
callen
Regular User

The wheel is much better than a controller. If you have the cash spend it on a good one like the Logitech wheel, but even a shitty one will do much better than the controller. The problem with the controller I find is that basically you go from full lock to full lock unless you are very sensitive with the stick and use it as percise as you would a wheel... I could never get that down myself, I have a mad catz wheel, by far one of the worst out there, but it still works pretty well, the pedals make a world of difference, with the ability to modulate the gas pedal a godsend. The wheel is a little loose on centre, but fuck man what cha want for a 60 dollar wheel hehe moral of the story, get a wheel, its much much more fun!