Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini

Lamborghini Everything Lamborghini

Old 08-12-2004, 08:23 AM   #16
stradale
Regular User

The Portofino was more a Lamborghini-badged Chrysler concept, as Chrysler was the owner of the company at the time.

@ Nik^XeN: The Jalpa is a two seater V8 sports car and not a four seater. Perhaps you meant Espada...

Funny how everyone thinks Lamborghini only ever made mid-engined two seater monsters with V12s. Ferruccio Lamborghini started out building 2+2 GT cars and did it for years. The four seater Espada was also in production for a number of years. BTW, the Marzal is the prototype of the Espada and wasn't produced.

I hope Lamborghini will never make an SUV. To all of you who think they already did, the LM002 is NOT an SUV. SUVs are only meant to look like they can drive off-road, while in fact the designers know the car is never going to be used off-road. The off-road skills are therefore dreadful because no one will need it. The LM002 (LM stands for Lamborghini Militaria) was designed for military purposes and heavy off-road driving. No government wanted them, but Arab sheiks did. So they fitted a leather interior et cetera to make it comfy for 100 mph drives through the desert. That's an entirely different approach, which leads to an entirely different car compared to any SUV. So please don't call it SUV. It's an insult.

Back on topic. I wouldn't mind if Lamborghini would build a four seater competitor for the 612 Scaglietti. It's part of the history of the marque and could well be part of its future. And if they are going to, I would expect no less from Lamborghini than that it will look very different from what any other car maker does. I'd like to see more and larger pictures of the concept above. I can't say I adore it from what I can see from the little pictures, but I'm certainly interested. The rear is brilliant IMO.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:06 AM   #17
Nik^XeN
Regular User

I know, sorry i was confused with jalpa and espada
but ithink lambo should only make 2 seated Mid-Engine roadcars! with a screamin V12 in the back... and all the last models did except the Gallardo that was a V10
the last four seater is a long time ago!
and the last not Mid-Engine car is also a long time ago for Lambo...
The SUV will chance that in 2006
Old 08-12-2004, 10:37 AM   #18
Ian_yamaue
Regular User

Bloody shit!! No the lambo, 2+2 is ok but a 4 seater 4doors breaks too much with the lamborghinism.
Thinking well, it don't look that bad.

I'll call it neo lamborghinism.