Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 05-05-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
cateye
Regular User

Default Few questions about zone alram and other softwares

hi
1st problem
i am using win xp sp2 , zone alram security suite version 5.5.062.00 with ( fire wall and antivirus ) and using 64 k connection. probelm is when ever i turn on zone alram my net speed goes down but when i turn off Z.A my net speed increases and i get 8 to 9 k and some times more than 12 k

any idea what to do ? and plz suggest me some good fire wall

2nd question is i am using Auto Power-on & Shut-down version 1.44 help u to turn off ur pc at certain time. my trial version expired so now i have to enter cd key .. each time i give cd key it say you have registred ... and it works but then if i restart computer it ask agian for cd key ? wtf is wrong any idea ?

3rd i need some good software which can auto detect USLESS registry files and can delete them .. i use REG SUPREME ( it auto detect registry files which are not in use) files but now trial version end .. so i need to buy that if u guys knwo any software plz tell me

thanks in advance
Old 05-05-2005, 12:56 PM   #2
DeMoN
Regular User

1) Try turning windows Firewall off (My Networkplaces -> view network connections -> right-click on ur connection and PROPERTIES and disable windows default firewall). I dont think this will help that much, but its worth a try. I suppose the decrease in speed is normal as ZA must verify what data it's receiving before letting you see it.

2) If you bought the program then go and e-mail support tech for that software... it asking you for the CD KEY over and over, I assume, means you did not leaglly bought it and when it opens it checks for updates and the server detects its not legal which then causes the re-registration to occur. I can't tell you how to fix this because its illegal (warez).

3) REG SUPREME is the best registry tool. I used to use Reg Supreme Pro 1.1, but now I use jv 16 PowerTools 1.4 which is by the same author as RegSupreme. It has a registry cleaner (same as reg supreme) but also has extra tools. You should consider buying jv 16 PowerTools, its a great program.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:35 PM   #3
cateye
Regular User

thanks for your help
Old 05-08-2005, 10:48 AM   #4
pharzo
Regular User

If turning off your windows firewall didn't solve the speed issue you should consider a different firewall. Firewalls don't typically "check" data, they simply check for origin of data. I use Sygate Personal Firewall Pro, and you should give the trial version a go. The full version is only 40$, and it is just as good as ZA, but has a much smaller system footprint and affects network quality less

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote