Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-14-2006, 07:34 AM   #1
Skaala
Regular User

Default hohoho, santa came early, picked up the new family car Q7

It was even better than I hav thought. The Mugelloblau colour is fantastic in person. Too bad the roads are wet and it is raining all the time. It hasn't been clean since it left the dealer. More pics will follow. It would have been nice to have a good camera, and a tripod. As you see from the pics, the will is there but not the skills or camera equipment. The slowest shutterspeed my camera accepts is 1 sek... aaaaaaanyway, I have only done about 130km's in it, and it is great. The S-line summer tires came on 21'' S8 wheels and looked bloody insane. (pics are on my cellphone) It's not easy to write something you not already know abouty it.... the "Audi Side Assist" blindzone warning is great!, and the radar guided cruise control works like a charm. Is uses under a litre of diesel pr 100km, and it pulls those 500Nm out just as easy at any revs. The middle accelleration 30-50km/h, 60-80km/h and 90-120km/h is just incredible, constand, unstoppable and dead even. I'll try to take some video. Now, I'm gonna go outside and drive some in the woods to see how good it handles wet mud and deep sand.

Old 12-14-2006, 07:35 AM   #2
TopGearNL
Regular User

Congrats Skaala!

Im really glad for you since you couldn't wait for it to arrive!

I like the wheels! Is it already tuned/chipped?
Old 12-14-2006, 07:47 AM   #3
Skaala
Regular User

^no, I want to put about 5-10.000 km's on it first. loosen things up a bit. But I have already ordered the mubluefin superchips tuning fom england.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:49 AM   #4
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

Congratz Skaala Gotta love this car, too bad it's the diesel (no offense, but I'm not a diesel fan). I drove the 4.2 V8 myself, that car is just badass! I love everything about the car, except for the taillights and the rearviewmirrors Those mirrors look like they came of a truck or something Furthermore, congratz on your great purchase
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:01 AM   #5
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by Skaala
^no, I want to put about 5-10.000 km's on it first. loosen things up a bit. But I have already ordered the mubluefin superchips tuning fom england.
Yeah thats better considering its a new car

Congratz Skaala Very Happy Very Happy Gotta love this car, too bad it's the diesel Razz (no offense, but I'm not a diesel fan). I drove the 4.2 V8 myself, that car is just badass! I love everything about the car, except for the taillights and the rearviewmirrors Sad Those mirrors look like they came of a truck or something Sad Furthermore, congratz on your great purchase Very Happy
That diesel when chipped is about as powerful (NM/Torque) if not more then the petrolversion or am I wrong Skaala
Old 12-14-2006, 08:05 AM   #6
Stoopie
Regular User

Originally Posted by TopGearNL

Congratz Skaala Very Happy Very Happy Gotta love this car, too bad it's the diesel Razz (no offense, but I'm not a diesel fan). I drove the 4.2 V8 myself, that car is just badass! I love everything about the car, except for the taillights and the rearviewmirrors Sad Those mirrors look like they came of a truck or something Sad Furthermore, congratz on your great purchase Very Happy
That diesel when chipped is about as powerful (NM/Torque) if not more then the petrolversion or am I wrong Skaala
Ah didn't notice the chip coming up But still, I hate diesel for being kinda bad for the environment, but that problem will change through technological advances I guess
Old 12-14-2006, 08:08 AM   #7
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by Stoopie

Ah didn't notice the chip coming up But still, I hate diesel for being kinda bad for the environment, but that problem will change through technological advances I guess
Well modern Diesels aren't any worse to the environment then petrol versions (roetfilters...)
Old 12-14-2006, 08:11 AM   #8
Stoopie
Regular User

Well modern Diesels aren't any worse to the environment then petrol versions (roetfilters...)
That doesn't mean that there aren't any more polluting versions outthere. And remember, the EU only 'sponsored' those pollutionfilters for about a year, so there aren't that many cars with a filter like that. Before the sponsoring, only the more expensive cars had it as a part of the standardpackage, otherwise you'd have to buy it seperately.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:15 AM   #9
Skaala
Regular User

4.2 petrol is 450Nm I think, 3.0 diesel is 500Nm and chipped 3.0tdi is 611Nm
Old 12-14-2006, 08:16 AM   #10
TopGearNL
Regular User

That doesn't mean that there aren't any more polluting versions outthere. And remember, the EU only 'sponsored' those pollutionfilters for about a year, so there aren't that many cars with a filter like that. Before the sponsoring, only the more expensive cars had it as a part of the standardpackage, otherwise you'd have to buy it seperately.
Again you were talking about Diesels in general. You should have said that you mend the old Diesel cars. Why even bring it up in this topic when this Audi is brand spanking new and has a technilogical Diesel engine. Your said you didn't like this car because its a Diesel and it pollutes more then a petrol engine. But it doesn't
Old 12-14-2006, 08:25 AM   #11
Stoopie
Regular User

Again you were talking about Diesels in general. You should have said that you mend the old Diesel cars. Why even bring it up in this topic when this Audi is brand spanking new and has a technilogical Diesel engine. Your said you didn't like this car because its a Diesel and it pollutes more then a petrol engine. But it doesn't [/quote]

I was talking about the fact that I didn't like diesels in general. Not that I didn't like the 3.0 diesel engine because of its pollution.. I don't like diesel engines, it's just the image problem you were talking about in the Q7 topic
Old 12-14-2006, 08:28 AM   #12
TopGearNL
Regular User

I was talking about the fact that I didn't like diesels in general. Not that I didn't like the 3.0 diesel engine because of its pollution.. I don't like diesel engines, it's just the image problem you were talking about in the Q7 topic
No you said you didn't like like diesels in general because of the pollution! Because they are worse to the environment then petrol engines. Thats what you said!

You started the diesel thing in this topic mate so don't blame me!
Old 12-14-2006, 08:30 AM   #13
Stoopie
Regular User

No you said you didn't like like diesels in general because of the pollution! Because they are worse to the environment then petrol engines. Thats what you said!

Ah yes I see. Forgot to mention then that the pollution-thing is one of the things I don't like diesels for
Old 12-14-2006, 08:33 AM   #14
TopGearNL
Regular User

Ah yes I see. Forgot to mention then that the pollution-thing is one of the things I don't like diesels for
Ok I understand but this Dieselengine and other modern ones are as clean if not cleaner then the petrolversions

What are the other things then you don't like diesels for?
Old 12-14-2006, 08:44 AM   #15
saadie
Regular User

aww you already put on those porsche wheels .. how sweet
the steering wheel reminds me of the auto union type C lol .... the big fat nose .
I have to say i quiet like it
Congrats Skaala 8)