Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 08-26-2003, 02:39 PM   #1
fireguy
Regular User

Default Enzo vs Macca F1 at Nurburgring

Ok, so let's imagine for a moment that Schumy rolls up to the 'ring in a Ferrari Enzo at the same time Coulthard pulls up in a McLaren F1. They rip 5 laps through the green hell head to head.

Who crosses the line first and why?
fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 02:49 PM   #2
Jabba
Regular User

Schumacher wins as he has proven that he is the better driver...(F1 record speaks for itself) and DC seems to have lost his racing heart now IMO....

and the Enzo wins as Schumacher is probably better with its F1 paddle shift transmission than DC is with the Mclarens stick shift....

I would put my money on Schuey and Ferrari....(I wonder why LoL....)
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 04:03 PM   #3
Ziploc
Regular User

the ferrari is more aerodynamically advanced and is prolly the winner handling wise to

advantage ferari
Ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 06:27 PM   #4
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Shcumi wins.

1. He's the best F1 driver today.

2. Enzo is more powerful.

3. More aerodynamiclly advanced(more grip)

4. Its a fucking Ferrari, so its gonna win.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 06:35 PM   #5
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Shcumi wins.

4. Its a fucking Ferrari, so its gonna win.

exactly what I was gonna say...its a Ferrari so it has to win...if not the race...then on looks and sound....LoL......
Old 08-26-2003, 09:40 PM   #6
dis3as3d
Regular User

No way, the McLaren F1 is 100x better looking than the enzo. but unfortunately i dont think the McLaren would win more than the beauty contest :roll:. Yes the enzo has a certin mistique about it, and the body is functional but it is so barren. Some people dig the raw race car feel. But the McLaren is so much more practical.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:06 PM   #7
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by dis3as3d
No way, the McLaren F1 is 100x better looking than the enzo. but unfortunately i dont think the McLaren would win more than the beauty contest :roll:. Yes the enzo has a certin mistique about it, and the body is functional but it is so barren. Some people dig the raw race car feel. But the McLaren is so much more practical.
Have you seen the Enzo in real life? I thought it was ugly also, but the day I saw it I changed my opinion right away.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 10:57 PM   #8
stracing
Regular User

Some people dig the raw race car feel. But the McLaren is so much more practical.
schumi wins

we're not talking abt ppl here...you've gone a bit off track.

at first i didn't like it, but see it at the auto show, i drooled. i think its just every ferrari built has an aura around it. loved it so much i ordered 2 enzos straight away....1:24 scale that is
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 11:14 PM   #9
666fast
Regular User

When you are buying a supercar, do you think practicality matters? I sure don't. I'm not gonna choose a Ferrari over a Lamborghini because it has more storage space!

Which one would win, tough choice, but I'll have to go with the McLaren. Maybe someone with these cars will make a video for us!
I wish
Old 08-27-2003, 01:59 AM   #10
novass
Regular User

Im gonna go with the Ferrari on this one. Especially with Schumi behind the wheel. I dont watch much F1, but the fact that I know so much about the man without being a loyal follower says something about his credibility.

Either way I would like to have both cars, but if I had to choose one over the other, I would definitely go for the Ferrari.....I mean come on.....its a Ferrari!

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 02:35 AM   #11
possessed_beaver
Regular User

mmmmmm....... well IMO
i have seen a video of a mclaryn been driven around a track, and it seemed like the driver diden't rely push it. but it had some pace behind it.
who said schey has to drive them, get the stig out!

mmmmmmm.... well the mclaryn doesent have launch control like the ferrari, and a launch froma mclaryn would result in alot of wheel spin, but it has alot of pace.
maybee not the down force like the ferrari thus making the ferrari have more cnr speed, and yeh driving ability comes alot into it, diden't schey help alot in the development and design of the enzo?

mmmm....... maybee enzo.. who knows, whatever the diferance is it woulden't be alot IMO
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 02:39 AM   #12
cho_888
Regular User

enzo all the way, if you have just seen picture you are going to think its ugly if youhave seen it in real life you will have the same reaction as tiff did!
cho_888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 04:25 AM   #13
draak666
Regular User

Also, little Shumi grew up right next to the ring, so that will give him an advantage.
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 06:31 AM   #14
1zippo1
Regular User

I think the Enzo would win because it has incredible handling (it has adjustable air intakes so it can adapt the amount of downforce) and brakes.

But powerwise, the Mclaren is still better as the Enzo. Power to weight it wins. And the Mclaren F1 LM (the race version-roadlegal) would probably crush the Enzo.

By the way, I'm not taking into account the driver skills.

What would be an interesting battle is the Pagani 600hp 750NM Torque 1250kg vs the Enzo 660hp 657NM Torque 1365kg.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 06:38 AM   #15
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
By the way, I'm not taking into account the driver skills.
Is that because you dont think driver skills would make any difference to the outcome....???? if it was just about car times then it would be better to have said the stigg in the original post......I would also suggest shumi being able to take DC in an uprated F40...