Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 12:00 PM   #1
Anonymous

Default why doesnt socitey like Eminem?

Eminem real name marshall mathers aka Slim Shady
why does society hate him. why does he love controversy?
he says it himself in songs that he love controversy and that if nobody said anything he couldn't rap. tells people that they are feeding the fire.

he is a very talented rapper. lot of people think that rapping is easy. if you do try that shit. its not.

its sad to say but he gets off on pissing people off. look at all his songs
"if you said i never did drugs that would mean a lie and get fucked more that the president does"

"what would it take to push a man far enough to put something material over a human life..........what would drive someone complete over the edge to do some shit like that.... i done filed my lungs of with so much of this crack smoke my necks blooded, my techs loaded, i'm flat broke and i'm pissed off, mad at the world, had it with girls and frusrated..."

"if i hurt yourself asteam and you get dis'd to bad, you know i just be saying that to get you mad, when i rap about stuff you wish you had(background "a big DICK") you know i just being be saying that to get you mad' I cant listen to that song its just to sad"

so why do people fuel his fire.

Old 03-26-2004, 12:10 PM   #2
nchs09

why do i hate him.. i hate rap... i find it offensive..... dont aprecoate a grown man yelling and bitching about everything, he thinks he is black, he talks like an idiot..
Old 03-26-2004, 12:16 PM   #3
DR.GONZO
Regular User

I don't really like eminem either! I mean he does has some good ryhmes (some) But I don't like that style of rap!
Old 03-26-2004, 12:17 PM   #4
Anonymous

Default Y READ AND NOT POST

POST YOUR OPINION I KNOW YOU HATE HIM OR LOVE HIM

how could you say he thinks he's black he's always talking about being white. wouldnt you act like the people you grew up around you. if you grew up in asia wouldnt you act like an asian.

he loves people like you people that get offend. people that make a big deal about what he says. fuel his fire , i like the music.

so of his songs are to piss people off. some are feeling expressed with anger. all songs about that (bitch kim). if you listen to the "eminem show" 6,7,8,tracks are all real real true life about him when he hit the bouncer with a gun in a club.

well DOC what kind of rap do you like?

Old 03-26-2004, 12:47 PM   #5
No.1
Regular User

Eminem is an amazing lyricist. The critics agree. Controversy is who he is. You can't rap about the "American Dream", you gotta talk about the hard times.

And the swearing: "Fuck Off" to be replaced with "please would you mind vacating the area". I think not :roll:

Some of you Americans are too idealistic, life is real, Shit does go down.

"I like Jessica Simpson because she sings about beauty and love" - Bulls@#t. Eminem is amazing, even if you do not like his music i am sure you can appreciate his modern relevance to society?
Old 03-26-2004, 01:02 PM   #6
DR.GONZO
Regular User

more gangsta shit, for rap, But Im a ROCKER! I'm just saying I dont care for his music, That's why I will never buy his album, he is a good lyricist, people hate him cause of what he says I don't hate him I just don't like it. I dunno. That's just me Real instuments in music is what I like better!
Old 03-26-2004, 01:08 PM   #7
Fleischmann
Regular User

Eminem pisses me off, just like everything that ya can see more than 5 times a day on MTV. His lyrics are lame and I just quiet simply hate hip-hop.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:09 PM   #8
Anonymous

i feal u on the instuments. i listen to all types of music.

but why gangsta shit. thats fake. i big part of all music is lyrics. meaningful and real. gangsta rap "rob shoot people all the time bitchs" lies lies for the most part/ some truth. they all say they are the hardest. very few gansta rappers are real hard ganstas. 2pac, Nas, biggie, 50 cent(not so much anymore but still will handle business). Jay-z was. he talks about the past.

Old 03-26-2004, 01:10 PM   #9
Anonymous

i like eminem, he's a great lyricist and is one of the best rappers in the game now.

i also like many types of music which helps me understand diff ppl's point of view.

usually ppl that dont like rap or gangta rap are turned off by the materialism or jealous of the fact that some, SOME not all, of these rappers have cars and woman that they wished they could have.

i understand how some would prefer rock over rap as there are times i listen to NIN or Deftones to rock out and at the same time i might feel like listening to rap or something to bop my head to like 50 Cent or Jay-Z.

all in all eminem is great and ppl will keep hating on him cuz they dont like the fact that he is better than some black rappers, or that he is white or rich or anything.

Old 03-26-2004, 02:04 PM   #10
rossc83
Regular User

rap = crap.
No relevence to the society I live in.
Old 03-26-2004, 02:24 PM   #11
Anonymous

Originally Posted by rossc83
rap = crap.
nice intellignet opinion as im sure not a single ausey listens to rap.

Old 03-26-2004, 02:38 PM   #12
Anonymous

Originally Posted by aggrivated man
Originally Posted by rossc83
rap = crap.
nice intellignet opinion as im sure not a single ausey listens to rap.
what would they rap about kangaroo's and crocidiles

"i was chillin with my crew when i got in a fight why a kangaroo, i fucked them up it was one on two"

Old 03-26-2004, 02:45 PM   #13
Fleischmann
Regular User

As Korny_kid71 once wrote: RAP=Retards Attempting Poetry

Well said m8, well said.
Old 03-26-2004, 02:46 PM   #14
Anonymous

smart ass what about people that are not rappers
but hip hop artist

do u have one for that

Old 03-26-2004, 02:48 PM   #15
jasc
Regular User

You have to respect Eminem for what he is; the most succesful rapper in history. Does anyone here actually believe that Eminem is the asshole that he is in his songs. I feel sorry for anyone who is so naive. I mean he has you buying his CDs to listen to the next series of controversial lyrics. Eminem is one of the smartest businessmen who has ever lived.