Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 11-16-2005, 07:07 PM   #31
RC45
Regular User

The sound of the mini and cortina are very much like the GT3/GT4 sound for some cars ... just a monotonous metalic drone that varies the frequency with the speed, but sounds too much like a computer-generated car sound.

I know that some of the V8's are much deeper, because you can hear when they pass you - maybe it's just the 4 cylinders.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 11:09 PM   #32
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
The sound of the mini and cortina are very much like the GT3/GT4 sound for some cars ... just a monotonous metalic drone that varies the frequency with the speed, but sounds too much like a computer-generated car sound.

I know that some of the V8's are much deeper, because you can hear when they pass you - maybe it's just the 4 cylinders.
Well to be honest I didnt really spend any time in the 4 bangers.

All I know is that the F-Car sounds amazing, the V8 are well, V8s, the the Pantera sounds like it just had a child for lunch.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:32 AM   #33
taygunho
Regular User

Originally Posted by Banchi105
I think GT4 is a fairly realistc experience. Nothing incredible, but a fun simulation none the less. My main attraction to the game is the vast amount of cars / tracks it contains. No where else can you take the car of your choice on the track of your choice.

I don't know if I would buy a PS2 just for GT4, but it would be close. Go find someone else who has it and give it a couple good runs with a nice wheel. You'll figure out your attraction to it pretty quickly.
I have not got a 1000$ for a new computermy pc is really slow). I was playing gtr on my friend's computers. But is not a fun when you have a limited time. So i bought a PS2 and GT4. IMO ps2 and GT4 deserved their costs. Now I am saving money for a wheel. It will be more fun then now..
Old 07-05-2006, 11:54 PM   #34
snacky
Regular User

I bought EA Sports' F1 99-02 Challenge and downloaded Prototype C - Mod and it runs smooth on my P4 M 1.8ghz, 32 meg ATI radeon 7500 laptop !( lower -medium rez)!!

Seeing and hearing Porsche 962s belching fire from the wastgate during braking. ohhhhh I LOVE IT !!!
Old 07-06-2006, 12:46 AM   #35
PaulGT2164
Regular User

yeah the bigger engined cars in GTL sound awesome, i like turning up the sub and letting it rattle the windows