Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 08-21-2004, 08:18 PM   #16
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by itsthepham
Western Digital should be your first choice for your harddrive. they are simply the best. Also..do you plan to run SATA or just normal IDE...hmm

Sata , faster rite ?

And for the 2500+ not being much faster than 2400+ , what i am going to do is running it at 2500mhz , that is equivalent to a 3400+ i think ( 3200+ runs @ 2400 ) , so it should be at least VERY faster , rite ?

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 08:20 PM   #17
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by crazidude
I suggest you change your ram. Something with a higher frequency if you want to overclock it that high. You might not be able to get it that high though.

I would suggest a Pioneer DVD writer. It's slightly more expensive where I"m at and it's better.
Which memory exactly ? like 466 mhz ? The cpu runs at 266 so i think memories going at 400 would be good , plus the Mobo is very good for overclock

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:56 AM   #18
crazidude
Regular User

You'll get to 400 really easily with that processor. Your almost guaranteed to get that fsb with a lowered multi. A 3200+ runs at 2.2ghz not 2.4ghz.
Also, you'll need a pretty good hsf and good airflow in your case to reach those speeds. Like thamar said, get a thermalright hs. They cost quite a lot, but they're the best.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 06:00 AM   #19
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by thamar
Euhm, that mobile will not adjust it's voltage in a desktop setup. That are the mainboards that switch the frequency of a cpu, not the cpu itself.
It works perfectly in a desktom sistem as ive heard , if you know a lot about computers , maybe yoiu can help me with he choose of it , ive heard that the 2400+ mobile can easily reach 2400mhzs

Old 08-22-2004, 06:02 AM   #20
itsthepham

my non mobile 2400+ only hits 1.9ghz....
Old 08-22-2004, 06:05 AM   #21
PATo355
Regular User

my non mobile 2400+ only hits 1.9ghz....

Mmmm . what ive said is what ive heard , if some of you computer phanatics can help me with it , would be amazing

Old 08-22-2004, 06:08 AM   #22
itsthepham

btw...where are you getting your information from?
Old 08-22-2004, 06:12 AM   #23
PATo355
Regular User

btw...where are you getting your information from?
Forums around the net , mostly overclockers.cl , a chilean site , what do you thing , the mobile to run @ 3400+ or a common barton 25000+ ?

Old 08-22-2004, 06:17 AM   #24
itsthepham

go with the Barton 2500+...is that the only processor that fits your budget? I suggest higher AMD processors if you can.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:18 AM   #25
PATo355
Regular User

go with the Barton 2500+...is that the only processor that fits your budget? I suggest higher AMD processors if you can.

I can pay for a beter one , but the OC thing seemed so good , what do you recomend ?

Old 08-22-2004, 06:20 AM   #26
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by thamar
Mobile cpu's can hit those speeds.
But it doesn't change voltage, since desktop mainboards don't support speedstep. Only mobile boards do.

U sure ? ive read around the net about Mobiles running into Desktops mainboards hitting 2.9 2.7 ghz

Old 08-22-2004, 06:23 AM   #27
itsthepham

Hmm...do you really want to overclock? Since you're not a hardcore gamer...I dont see the point.

Keep in mind...you better invest in some major cooling fans if you plan to overclock. especially memory...its vital to the system.

ehhh...stay away from OCing...no need imo...
Old 08-22-2004, 06:25 AM   #28
PATo355
Regular User

Hmm...do you really want to overclock? Since you're not a hardcore gamer...I dont see the point.

Keep in mind...you better invest in some major cooling fans if you plan to overclock. especially memory...its vital to the system.

ehhh...stay away from OCing...no need imo...
Well i just want my system to be extremely fast in windows , i play once in a month maybe , not more than that

Old 08-22-2004, 06:28 AM   #29
itsthepham

LOL. Trust me...Windows will be extremely fast without the overclocking. I'm running a 2400+ chip with only 512MB of ram and a 200 gig 7200 rpm 8mb cache computer...its way fast. Take my advice for it...i bet others agree with me too.

those forums you've been reading about overclocking has corrupted you.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:31 AM   #30
PATo355
Regular User

LOL. Trust me...Windows will be extremely fast without the overclocking. I'm running a 2400+ chip with only 512MB of ram and a 200 gig 7200 rpm 8mb cache computer...its way fast. Take my advice for it...i bet others agree with me too.
That is the point , i can get a 2500+ barton for 20 dollars less , but is the OC worth it ? I want my pc just for windows , i dont care about unreal or doom 3 , i played tiger woods 2004 and Vice city last year in my Shitty setup m so i dont think its worth it .

---BTW i am going to sleep , so i will answer tomo0rrow