Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 05-02-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
vexor
Regular User

Default What's coming up in S8 of Top Gear **SPOILER WARNING**

A bit hard to read but it looks to be a great season.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:01 PM   #2
yg60m
Regular User

No words on the Koenigsegg isn't it ? I hope that there will be more supercars than announced ...
Old 05-02-2006, 05:02 PM   #3
adamwich
Regular User

It looks like the next season is going to be great!
Old 05-02-2006, 05:23 PM   #4
vexor
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
No words on the Koenigsegg isn't it ? I hope that there will be more supercars than announced ...
No I think that the preview shows the more "funny" features in the entire season of TG

Im pretty sure they'll have more supercars throughout the seires including the Koenigsegg in the first episode.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:21 PM   #5
RF1
Regular User

yeah
it is going to be great
as usuall!!

RF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:56 PM   #6
Everlasting
Regular User

somethin to watch after a good world cup match

forza italia!!!!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:17 PM   #7
DeMoN
Regular User

Cant waint for Top Gear. Such a great show.

Ill read these scans if you'll excuse me..
Old 05-02-2006, 10:51 PM   #8
Daggernite
Regular User

Ok wheres the subaru VS evo9? I was convinced it had to happen this series since on H&H dvd he had a evo9 and we know cars are shared between clarksons dvd TG. Maybe the new Z06, new GT3 or turbo, basically some first looks of new cars. Im alittle scared that there maybe too much gimmicky side shows like throwing hammond out of a plane and silly carboat things, that actually quality car footage :cry: Hope im wrong, I most probably am because TG has'nt failed me yet. I'm really anxious to see the new design of the show. Thanks for the scan Vexor
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:31 PM   #9
joe2tiger
Regular User

yeah I was looking for the Z06 on last season. I could have sworn I saw a trailer with Jeremy behind the wheel.............

Speaking of which, everyone should check out the latest Evo.........well at least the latest Evo here in the states. I think we are about a month or so behind sinc its imported from the UK but anyways.........its got the next Fast Club challenge. The z06 is one of the stars of the entire test. It actually beats the Ascari KZ1 in some performance tests for crying out loud!!! The z06 is something like 60,000 pounds compaierd to the Asczri's ludicrous 235,000 or something.....and thats British pounds......convert that the USD and YIKES!!!! Also have to realize the brits pay a premium since its imported so dont convert it to USD and really freak out as we pay less

The z06 really is an amazing car for the money. Its also completely traounced the 997S, Lambo Gallardo, BMW M6 Aston Martain AMv8, Cayman S, Marcos Gt2, Audi Rs4, Jaguar Xk, and even the Mistus Evo Fq 340................

In fact, the only car to consistently beat it other than the Ascari hypercar which costs 4 times more was the hideous and impractical trackday toy Caterham CSR 260................

Here are its overall rankings:

#1. 0-100-0 torture test: Z06 placed second behind only the Caterham. That means it beat the Gallardo, Ascari, Marcos, M6, Evo 340, Rs4 and 997S......and everything else. What that means to you: Great engine and GREAT breaks.

#2 Top Speed: Z06 placed second again behind only the Ascari Kz1 by 9.2 mph. That means it beat 997S, Vatage, Gallardo, Cayman S, RS4, M6, etc....What that means to you: Good gearing (not too long because it also does a sub 4 second 0-60), slippery shape, and GREAT engine.

#3. Circuit Laps Z06 placed 4th behind only the Caterham, Gallardo (which beat teh KZ1 surprisingly, and Ascari. The Ascari beat it by less than a second. That measn the Z06 outpaced the 997S, M6, Evo, Aston, RS4, etc etc etc....What that means to you: (upgrade the suspension and tires, which is cheap relative to other performance upgrades like turbos or stripping out the car, and you have yourself a true supercar).

Now Im sorry but you just have to face it. The Americans have built the best real world practical sports car for the money.......bar none. Keep in mind we also build the Ford GT in the US as well and thats come out as one of the greatest supercars of all time. Even American car hating, and notorious Europhobe I might add, Jeremy Clarkson bought one TWICE because he loved it so much (admittedly he bought it twice because of security alarm glitches hehehehe but you get the point). There isnt anything even near that price range that comes close in performance. Put it this way, Evo magazine already stated that when the 997 turbo comes out the only car they plan to run it against is the c6 Z06........keep in mind now that the turbo is gonna cost more then TWICE as much. Now that should tell you something. Kinda like when they run a GT3 against a ferrari 360 CS or something...........you just gotta appreciate value. For me, Im not impressed that the CS beat the Gt3 by .00001 second lap time in some stupid magazine test......Im impressed that a car costing nearly half the price could match it!!! (but thats just me). Just about the only place the Vette needs improvement over European models is interior............but they had to skimp somewhere to give supercar beating performance for near picing! Simply incredible.

I cant WAITE to see Jeremy bash it
joe2tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:38 PM   #10
Daggernite
Regular User

So how much are chevrolete paying you
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:10 AM   #11
JoeHahn
Regular User

..and you wonder why everyone attacks Corvette lovers, I dont blame RC45 for sticking up for the Z06 - but that above post is hilarious.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:39 AM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
..and you wonder why everyone attacks Corvette lovers, I dont blame RC45 for sticking up for the Z06 - but that above post is hilarious.
I would stick up the Citroen 2 CV if people posted nonsense about it...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:51 AM   #13
spanky
Regular User

Going to be a great and funny series once again!

Cant wait!
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote