Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 10-30-2005, 01:33 PM   #1
Shinigami
Regular User

Default Nice day, got to drive several cars!

First of all, sorry, I do not have photos as I didn't take my camera with me.

HOWEVER, the other owners DID take photos, and some of the cars featured in this post, have already been posted before (by me and TT).

Anyway, the story goes like this:

There's a local automotive forum consisting of members from Lausanne and the surrounding area. So today I met up with 3 other membres for giving each other a go in the cars we were driving.

One of them had an M3 I've already driven before, pics of it have been posted by TT and can be seen over here -> http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32033

Another guy came in his Lotus Exige (pics also in the link above), which I did have a chance to drive, and OMG is it a FUN car! Great handling, the owner swapped the steering wheel to a slightly larger one, and well... what can I say, when you go past 6000rpm, it makes a GREAT mechanical noise If you can get a chance to drive one, do it! The Exige was better then the Opel Speedster I drove earlier on in the year (sorry, never got pics of it, and it was before I even came on this forum). It felt better, more stable, like it was all just screwed together better (if you see what I mean).

The third person came with his Alfa Romeo 147 GTA, which ended up being a pretty good car too, although a bit wobbly when you pushed it hard. Really required you to keep your arms on the steering wheel to keep it from going off to the side. I'll wait for the other guys to post pics over on asphalte.ch so that I can show you guys how it looked like (the owner posted this one pic of his car on the forum, but we should have some better ones later http://www.membres.lycos.fr/Darkside...Laquais012.JPG ).

Well, so far so good, but then the owner of a black 360 Modena asked for some help moving his cars, and I ended up going there to meet him with TT. I ended up getting a chance to drive his new black M5 (he has a thing for black cars) which was a really nice drive (it was the older 400hp model, not the 'new' M5, but it was new for him as he bought it a few weeks ago), and I also got a chance to drive his Renault Clio Sport (I'm not a fan of French cars, so it didn't impress me much, but still good to have given it a try).

And the highlite of the day for TT must have been the fact that the owner let TT drive the Modena when we went to take pics of the three cars TT had a smile from ear to ear!

Anyway, I hope TT ends up posting the pics he took of those three cars (as I said, I still didn't take my camera with me =( ).

Oh, and I saw a white MB 300SL (no, not gullwing) at the place we were testing the cars earlier in the day. The other guys took pics, so with a bit of luck, they'll be upload quickly. The burgundy red type interior was IMPECCABLE! The owner must really like that SL. Beautiful car!
Old 10-30-2005, 03:56 PM   #2
hamlet
Regular User

well done man. This sound like a very cool meeting...

I would be happy to join once just to give you some more arguments for the Speedster... just kiding !!

The Exige is really a good car which is sticking like hell to the road !

Bye
Old 10-30-2005, 04:07 PM   #3
TT
Regular User

Don't worry Shin, pics will come asap tomorrow

And bloody nice day you had!
Old 10-30-2005, 04:17 PM   #4
stmoritzer
Regular User

Thanks Shinri_Shiogami for the detailed drivers-opinions!

Usually it's picsorshutthefuckup... but since your personal photographer is lazy today or dreaming in front of his screen - a black 360 on it ), it's ok

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 04:35 PM   #5
Shinigami
Regular User

Well, I hope TT doesn't mind me posting this one pic he already showed on the other forum.

Gives a little taste of the three cars the Modena owner has (and consecutively, the three cars I've had a pleasure to drive)
Old 10-30-2005, 05:01 PM   #6
Wutputt
Regular User

Must have been a thrilling day for you. I'll patiently wait for the photographer to post the pics. But I guess that could take a while since he keeps harping about a black 360 Modena
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 06:30 PM   #7
TT
Regular User

:fuck:
Old 11-01-2005, 11:25 AM   #8
TT
Regular User

Argh, finally the pics are ready, here are a couple of them:
Old 11-01-2005, 11:41 AM   #9
sikx5
Regular User

Nice shots there TT! That guy must be flat out keeping all three black cars sooooo clean, that is one hard job right there.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:32 PM   #10
Wutputt
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Argh, finally the pics are ready, here are a couple of them:
Great line up of black machinery! And all with some non standard wheels. I like the ones on the Clio and 360, not so sure about the M5 ones.
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote