Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Music And Noise

Music And Noise This is where to discuss you favourite Artists, Bands and own Music

Old 08-22-2005, 11:34 PM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default CBGBs' legacy is about to end ( Court ruling may save them!)

:cry:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050822/...u/music_cbgb_s

so long to the venue that launched the careers of countless bands and has been a cornerstone for the punk and hardcore scene for decades.

I used to get annoyed with all the t-shirts i saw on kids until i found out that most of the money was going to the club to try and save it.

i was hoping to be able to take a trip to NY and catch a show there, but i don't think that will happen now :cry:

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:47 PM   #2
Toronto
Regular User

the world could do without punk music IMO, not taking anything way from the ramones, but Blondie... thanks CBGB's... :roll:

any who, I was there like 3 years ago. over rated IMO, but I wasn't there in the hay day.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:06 AM   #3
ZfrkS62
Regular User

the fact is though they were the last place that was still trying to make music accessible to kids by keeping their prices low. Unfortunately they are paying the price for that.

I'm really kind of pissed that bands like Rancid and Green Day who enjoyed a kick start in their early days, and still enjoy playing there, haven't offered to help. Just another case of forgetting where you came from i guess then again, maybe i'm the only person that feels like you should never forget where you started

Old 08-23-2005, 05:27 PM   #4
Mers
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
the fact is though they were the last place that was still trying to make music accessible to kids by keeping their prices low. Unfortunately they are paying the price for that.

I'm really kind of pissed that bands like Rancid and Green Day who enjoyed a kick start in their early days, and still enjoy playing there, haven't offered to help. Just another case of forgetting where you came from i guess then again, maybe i'm the only person that feels like you should never forget where you started
Can't help but feel the same....although a feel friends aren't happy...
Old 08-23-2005, 08:34 PM   #5
ZfrkS62
Regular User

If they lose their lease, i think the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should buy the walls and reconstruct it somewhere. There is too much history to be lost in that tiny club.

Old 09-03-2005, 11:34 PM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna...ml&e=l_news_dm

Judge Kenney explained: "It would be unconscionable for this court to allow (the BRC) to proceed with its intent to evict CBGB because it failed to notice monies were outstanding."
I hope it gets declared an official landmark. Then no one can fuck with it

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-292353c.html

Bands rally to save the club, just as i hoped they would