Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 04-27-2004, 08:37 PM   #16
graywolf624
Regular User

Your not alone.. Albeit my car is barely street legal and still for sale.
88 iroc-z road racing car. Completely custom suspension.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:14 PM   #17
Nocturn
Regular User

a little here and a little there, but I added a 5 speed richmond transmission with a 3.08 rear gear. Useing the 400 pontiac block I'v added headers and a complete 3" exhaust through an x-pipe all the way back, it sounds mean as all hell. Some generic engine mods, intake manifold, fuel pump, timming chain, carb (although also put on by previous owner) that I am planning on upgrading in the near future. and removed the emissions crap (and there was alot of it in 79).the main thing is the amount of power thats in the enigne, just has so much displacment that withe minimal amount of mods I have I can surprise a few unsuspecting people.
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:52 PM   #18
graywolf624
Regular User

I didnt realize the third gen wheels would fit on a second gen. Interesting...

4th gen wheels require a wheel adapter to go on thirdgens.. the iroc has a set of ss 10 spokes.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:15 PM   #19
hemi_fan
Regular User

Im assuming your car has the 5.7L engine? or is it a 400? Im sure the X-pipe would sound amazing on it either way, I am looking to get an off-road H or X-pipe for my car, but I dont know if I want to go through all of the hassles of fitting it myself, or having to pay a shop to do it right... I plan to take my car pretty far in the mods dept. I wanna change Heads, Cam, Intake, Exhaust, Injectors, Fuel Pump, MAF, Rear-End gears, wheels, and a lot of other things I cant think of right now. I might even consider boring it to 347ci if I ever find a shop or the money to do it. But right now I am making barely enough to keep the car on the road, so these mods will be spread out over quite a few years most likely.

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:06 PM   #20
Nocturn
Regular User

400 6.6 L engine, the x-pipe wasn't to hard to fit in as I had dual exhaust to begin with, just a regular crossover H pipe. The X gives more Hp/TQ and I think smoothens out the sound, but it does make it a bit quieter.

Depends on what year thirdgen, in 91 or 92 (can't remember) the auto makers switched to a universal FWD offset,instead of the RWD offset the had previously so 91 or 92 wheels wont fit 93+ but will fit 92-
Old 04-28-2004, 07:17 PM   #21
nthfinity
Regular User

very nice T/A indeed. that is the car my roommate wants to drop a 502 crate motor into, and supercharge... man, there is so much potential in that 6.6 liter engine cept for the eco controls (at the time 'damned cafe standards' )
Old 04-29-2004, 10:48 PM   #22
Nocturn
Regular User

Agreed, but they are easily removed >=-). a 502 in chevy in a classic pontiac!? Blasphemy, Keep the older pontiacs with pontiac engines in my book, but eithe way I would say go with the new 572 crate engine.....its .....bigger.