Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 02-12-2006, 11:15 AM   #1
Wutputt
Regular User

Default F430, 348, 996TT, 993TT, Gallardo, Murciélago, QP, DB7, etc.

It has been a while since I've posted some regular street sightings. During the winter there isn't much to see around here, and I don't always have my camera with me.

But anyway. Here are some pics I took this autumn and winter. Nothing really special.

This 348 GTS was parked on the side the main road going through the village I live in. So pretty easy to spot. As you can see the exhaust system isn't standard. So I asked to owner, who just exited the car, about the mods. He said this one was turbocharged. But I've some problems believing it, cause his stories about the car's performance were to good to be true.

Following the owner led me to another 348, a tb, which would never have found on my own. It was hidden in a yard full of car wrecks. A strange place to park a Ferrari, but for sure a place where nobody will look for it.

Another Italian. Pretty rare to spot these around here: a 156 GTA

Porsche time, with this beautiful dark blue 993TT

It's getting darker that evening, but I still found this 993 Carrera S. I had a nice chat with the owner, a true Porsche fanatic. He owned a 930 and 964 before, and uses them as a daily driver. Sold his previous one with 300.000 km on the clock.

Speaking of darkness. For some reason, I only encounter the more special cars in the dark apparently.

Some more pics of this parking lot:

A nice AM DB7 Vantage Volante and my first ContiFS driving on the road (actually I took that last pic in August, which doesn't really classifies as winter. But I didn't post it in my last update, because the quality sucks):

Talking of bad quality, the following pics are a good example. The lighting in this parking lot was the worst you can expect. There was no light in hte place it self, but there were enough holes on both sides of the roof, letting a lot of sunlight come through. And something must have gone wrong with my compactcam cause the pics look strange. Anyway I'll post them just because of the nice cars.

Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:18 AM   #2
Mopsdrops
Regular User

:shock: WHY do you make such beautiful pics AWESOME wutputt , very nice sightings, cool cars you've saw, may I ask in wich town you live ?
Old 02-12-2006, 11:45 AM   #3
Wutputt
Regular User

Thanks.
I live near Leuven
Old 02-12-2006, 12:18 PM   #4
ARMAN
Regular User

:shock: 993's are ! Is that 356 in the background of 993t? Thanx Wuttputt

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:19 PM   #5
TT
Regular User

Pretty nice sightings afterall! The two 348 are pretty nice of course! You should have asked the owner of the first one to pop open the engine cover and show you the Turbo(s)
Old 02-12-2006, 12:29 PM   #6
sentra_dude

Very nice pics! Even the ones you say are 'bad', I still like them, and hey you've seen an F430 and have pics of it, that's awesome!

I especially like the 993 turbo and the 993 Carrera S pics! 8)

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:38 PM   #7
Pehtren
Regular User

really cool cars, you made a great job taking pics in the garage (parking lot)

And an M5 do you have a hi-res of it? please send it to me 8)

The best job you did was with the 348 (TT) incredible photos :shock:

thanks for the pics
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:47 PM   #8
Fleischmann
Regular User

Holy crap, you've convinced me, I MUST get a polarizer filter. The coliours are so much richer, even a PS aftermath won't be able to achieve the quite same effect.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:03 PM   #9
dingo
Regular User

Great stuff, not bad at all! The Porsches are the best of the lot IMO, especially the 993's. Also really like the night shots, adds some "character" to the pics.

A turbo 348 sounds interesting, would be good to get more info.....if you ever see him again.

I actually saw some of those parking lot (the ones you say are bad) in the Ultimate topics a while back and did a search in this section to see if I missed a post of yours. ops:
Old 02-12-2006, 09:20 PM   #10
Schwalbe

Personally I find that your 993 turbo, 996 C4S and the 993 C4S pictures are really special. :shock:

Thanks Wutputt !
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:53 PM   #11
Wutputt
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
:shock: 993's are ! Is that 356 in the background of 993t? Thanx Wuttputt
You have some good eyes. It is idd a 356 in the background

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
The pics in that kind of 'hangar' or parking lot or whatever it is, aren't that bad either... BTW, what's wrong with the yellow Murci and its off-road suspension set-up??
I dunno. It looks like it has the same lift-up anti-speedbump system as an Enzo.

Originally Posted by dingo
I actually saw some of those parking lot (the ones you say are bad) in the Ultimate topics a while back and did a search in this section to see if I missed a post of yours. ops:
Don't worry you didn't miss anything

But I just found I missed the best track day at Spa last summer. I'm very angry at me now, since intended to go, but in the end I didn't, cause I had a lot of work to do and I didn't knew the track day organizer so I thought there wouldn't be a lot of interesting cars. Do you know what I missed? A 288 GTO Evoluzione (!!!), a Macca F1 GTR (!!), a white Enzo, a Murcié R-GT, an AM DP212, a 250 TR :bad-words: I despise the moment I took the decision not to go. I really hope all these cars will be back this year. That would make my day. But I fear such a stunning line-up won't be happening again soon.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:10 PM   #12
TT
Regular User

Dang, the list of cars you missed is mouthwatering... do you happen to have pics from other hunters? Possibly in high-res obviously?
Old 02-13-2006, 01:41 PM   #13
Wutputt
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Dang, the list of cars you missed is mouthwatering... do you happen to have pics from other hunters? Possibly in high-res obviously?
No high-res, but I found some low-res ones.

Wait a sec, I'll try to find the link ...
Old 02-13-2006, 01:55 PM   #14
chest3r
Regular User

Really good pics!! Thanks a lot!!

The Porsche's ones are damn cool!!

Too bad the last ones aren't really good.... cause the cars are great!! That parking lot is really impressive
Old 02-15-2006, 10:33 AM   #15
stmoritzer
Regular User

nice find in the backyard, the 348tb
also the

silver doesn't suit well to the CaymanS IMO, black only (maybe blue like the one at the IAA)

Terrible light conditions in the parking lot, but a bunch of really nice cars!

Me likes middle 993TT picture

Thanks for the pics Wutputt!

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote