Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 01-25-2006, 02:35 AM   #16
Schwalbe

Thank you infinitely nthfinity for this great and complete gallery of best the concept cars at the NAIAS Auto show. Unfortunately because of my tons of work at my job I couldn't be there this year at Detroit for the Auto show. It's a chance for me and for the rest of JW members that you took a lot of awesome pictures.

My favorite cars of the bunch are naturely every Audis you took in pictures, but to be more precise about concept cars, I very like the Dodge Challenger & Chevy Camaro and the new Muira.

I didn't notice in the past your watermarks on your pix, it looks really professional.

Cheers !
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:01 AM   #17
nthfinity
Regular User

thanks T-bird well... the photos i've posted so far were mostly about patience of getting up front, and waiting for the car to turn at least till i make another update today

Schwalbe, if you like the few audis ive posted so far... just waite til later doday some of those took damn near 20 minutes to shoot til people werent in the way :shock: IMO, definately worth it
Old 01-25-2006, 10:29 AM   #18
Schwalbe

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Schwalbe, if you like the few audis ive posted so far... just waite til later doday some of those took damn near 20 minutes to shoot til people werent in the way :shock: IMO, definately worth it
Oh yes ! That's sounds very promising. Considering the fact there was several model which I will have liked enormously to see in person such the RS4, S8 and S6, thus it's a chance that you could be there to take pictures.

Thanks in advance nthfinity.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:48 PM   #19
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Schwalbe
Thanks in advance nthfinity.
i'll take that thanks now

bump
Old 01-26-2006, 06:41 AM   #20
stmoritzer
Regular User

Thanks for the update
wow, so many cars!
the Cadillac 16 is a Exelero copy
I like the gunmetal Spider too

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:39 AM   #21
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by stmoritzer
Thanks for the update
wow, so many cars!
the Cadillac 16 is a Exelero copy
I like the gunmetal Spider too
the 16 has been around longer
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:50 AM   #22
adamwich
Regular User

Very nice pictures! Thanks for all of them!
Old 01-26-2006, 11:22 AM   #23
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
yo yo!

the pics turned out good man. it was good fun to chill with you and t-bird at the show! hope to see you guys again sometime soon.

after leaving the show, i got stuck in the traffic jam from HELL!!! haha. spent about 2 hours just sitting on I-75. it's a good thing you guys didn't come with me.

cheers!
yeah, it was good to see you and T-bird too

i should've warned you about I 75 lol... Friday +north + 530pm doesnt work... i've been in that same jam wayyyyy to many times when i lived in Detroit. usually on weekdays, its 'only' an extra hour it may have been better to have taken Woodward out... but hindsight is 20:20.
im pleased with the way most of the images turned out... i guess that extra 15 minutes on the way to your car really wasnt that much after all
Old 01-27-2006, 04:12 AM   #24
Schwalbe

Thank you so much nthfinity for all these new awesome Audi pictures. This is very appreciated by me that you could take pictures of the new S6 and S8.

But the pictures set which I must especially underline it's definitively the new Audi B7 RS4. They are sharp and crisp and thanks to have been enough patient to take perfect shot of my favorite car's.

Normally, I was supposed to be with you guys at this 2006 NAIAS, but I had to much work at my job in january. Sorry everso.

I hope next year I will have the time.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:08 AM   #25
StanAE86
Regular User

great pics of the Lambo concept...it look awesome...

Nice coverage of the show..thanks...
Old 02-09-2006, 11:50 PM   #26
SilviaEvo
Regular User

hahaha the aston martin and theyre stupid chess set. that thing is worth like 4000 dollars or something. but where are the Ferraris? or is that in a different post?
Old 02-10-2006, 12:11 AM   #27
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
hahaha the aston martin and theyre stupid chess set. that thing is worth like 4000 dollars or something. but where are the Ferraris? or is that in a different post?
soon... should be up by saturday
Old 02-12-2006, 05:38 AM   #28
nthfinity
Regular User

OK, final Bump

they are ALL up... mostly at the bottom... i found a few more concepts i didnt post earlier.

238 pictures in all... damn, i need to find a better way to speed up the process lol...
for no tripod, most of the images turned out pretty good... and minimal flash useage, losing patience

good luck @ geneva's media event.
a word of warning to you TT... Media photographers are absolutely EVIL... dont budge one inch for them... and Dont be afraid to tell them to get the hell out of your way (well... politely at first )

oh, and they arent always trying to get the best shot... just a full shot they can use... there is an interesting device they somteimes use... a monopod + a remote... and they hold the pod up high for a high-angle shot...

just a few ideas
Old 02-12-2006, 06:10 AM   #29
TT
Regular User

HAHA, thanks for the pics and tips well, don't forget I will officially be a media photographer too so I am not scared And BTW, I won't be in such a rush, so I can wait. I think I'll also try to stay untill the closing at least one of the two days, when ppl will be in the press room to upload pics and press infos
The most boring thing will be for instance when a TV presenter will record his bit on a car.. well, if it will be Vicki it wil be fun to see her in real life, but still, if they do 2 or 3 takes I guess it's a pita

Oh BTW, I've got a question about your editing process. Apparently you are doing something another guy I know does. It's about trying to lighten up darker areas without overexposing the rest. Am I wrong?
I noticed it in several pics where there is such a strong metallic feeling.. unnatural actually.

Or am I just seeing things?
Old 02-12-2006, 06:35 AM   #30
T-Bird
Regular User

finally

I know you've been busy and I saw how many pics you had to sort through but they turned out great.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote