Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 10-25-2006, 11:13 AM   #1
TeflonTron
Regular User

Default Michael J Fox is faking Parkinson's Disease

Well, according to Rush Limbaugh he is. Limbaugh accused Fox of acting up and pretending that his shaking was much worse than it really is in order to gather support for his stand on Stem Cell Research. What a scumbag. I'm sure that it would be easy for Fox to enhance his shaking, but I'm also sure that he isn't. He's a strong believer in what he is doing, and it isn't easy for him.

Full Article

Rush Limbaugh has been around a long time, and really should know better than to say what he has said: it really is putting your foot in your mouth.
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:42 AM   #2
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Rush Limbaugh is an ass..
Old 10-25-2006, 11:52 AM   #3
5.7 V10
Regular User

:x

That's very insulting to Mr. Fox. I won't and don't believe he is putting on an act. I watched M. J Fox on a interview show in earlier this year, he was fine through most of the show, but he had these moments where his body shook. I think it's clear he's diease is gettting worse and it's not for some arsehole radio guy to call or make judgements for anything.

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:01 PM   #4
Sydbom
Regular User

well it doesnt matter since the shaking has nothing to do with parkinsons, its the medication that has some nasty side effects.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:06 PM   #5
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
Rush Limbaugh is an ass..

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:18 PM   #6
Toronto
Regular User

i can see were Limbaugh is coming from, there is a lot of interviews with him not moving as much. yet in this one they are using it to show the effects it has on him (m. j. fox)
how someone could say that is bad to show the world about it is beyond me
Old 10-25-2006, 01:19 PM   #7
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i hope rush gets hit by a fucking bus. Or at least a big fat lawsuit from Fox for defamation of character.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:38 PM   #8
TopGearNL
Regular User

What can I say, he's an actor

But hey its for a good cause I guess...
Old 10-25-2006, 02:08 PM   #9
TNT
Regular User

Rush is a loser how could he say something like that to a well known and trusted man.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:43 PM   #10
nthfinity
Regular User

I've done some research since hearing about this earlier today

points of interest

-Michael J. Fox has parkinsons disease
-Michael J. Fox has admited to Dianne Saywer he doesn't take his medication to show the diseases true progression when doing ads like this, and when he spoke to congress
-Michael J. Fox didn't tell the truth in the ad spot; and was manipulative of the truth...
-> Ammendment 2 doesn't promote stem cell research, rather, it un-bans cloning
All stem cell research is legal today in Missouri. Jim Talent does not seek to criminalize it, as Michael J. Fox asserts in his television commercial. The truth is that Amendment 2 would put human cloning in the Missouri Constitution. Michael J. Fox is participating in this disinformation campaign.
->
[Fox] is running commercials accusing Republicans in Missouri, Minnesota, Maryland and Chicago, Illinois of being opposed to stem cell research, commercials in which he appears without his medication so that the people who see the commercial can see the ravages of someone suffering Parkinson's disease.

He's doing the same thing in Maryland, says the same thing about Michael Steele, and the same thing in a race in Minnesota. I have a statement here from the Michael Steele campaign dated October 24th, today. The headline: "Cardin Voted Against Stem Cell Research for Pure Political Gain -- Today, Michael Steele released the following statement setting the record straight on stem cell research: Michael Steele said, 'There is only one candidate in this race who voted against stem cell research and it’s Congressman Ben Cardin. Ben Cardin had a chance to support stem cell research that would not destroy human embryos, and he voted against it – not because of his beliefs on the issue, but as a transparent political stunt.

Michael J. Fox commercials imply that Republican senatorial candidates do not want Parkinson's disease sufferers to ever be cured.
Here's what's going on in Missouri, and Missouri is the greatest example of this, and this is going to be redundant for those of you who have been with us the whole program, but bear with me, because repetition is the simplest way to get this home to people. There is a constitutional amendment on the Missouri ballot called Amendment 2. It calls itself the Stem Cell Research and Cures Initiative. The Democrat Claire McCaskill favors it. The Republican, Jim Talent, opposes it. Amendment 2 appears by virtue of its title, Stem Cell Research and Cures Initiative to put stem cell research in the Constitution and to ban human cloning, but the fine print creates a right to do somatic cell nuclear transfer which is the scientific term for cloning, the same method used to clone Dolly the sheep!

The bottom line is that stem cell research, embryonic stem cell research is legal in Missouri. It's legal in Maryland, and it is ongoing, and neither of the senators targeted in the Claire McCaskill ad have done anything to try to criminalize it.

Jim Talent and other opponents of Amendment 2 are not touching stem cell research in any way. What they want to do is stop human cloning from becoming a new right in the Missouri Constitution.
- Just because Fox has the disease he is infallable?
- Fox replied with "curious how the medication is working well today"
- Dr.'s have reported that such movents can be caused from over-medication...

I hope that his foundation (the group that it funds) finds a cure; they are in fact working on genetic manipulation of the brain with a virus...
Old 10-25-2006, 06:50 PM   #11
666fast
Regular User

Limbaugh is a prick regaurdless. I think he's a sanctimonious prick, just like Bill ORielly.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:57 PM   #12
ViperASR
Regular User

Thats suck an ass thing to say. Not only does he have a life-threatening illness, but he also has to deal with the effects of the medications. Libaugh should get fired for saying something like that. I hope Fox kicks his ass.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:55 PM   #13
nthfinity
Regular User

First, that is a terrible! (funny) avatar LOL
Originally Posted by 666fast
Limbaugh is a prick regaurdless. I think he's a sanctimonious prick, just like Bill ORielly.
actually, what should be discussed isn't what Limbaugh or anybody else said, as much as what Fox said, and suggested.

Originally Posted by ViperASR
Thats suck an ass thing to say. Not only does he have a life-threatening illness, but he also has to deal with the effects of the medications. Libaugh should get fired for saying something like that. I hope Fox kicks his ass.
Limbaugh's dont get fired, they get either listened to, or not. He belongs to no radio station... think of it like baywatch... just w/out the breasts, and bathingsuits of hot ladies

in case you aren't familiar with the add in question here it is... it does in fact look worse then I've ever seen him on camera

It is too bad that he either was coerced into doing this comercial, didn't read the bill in question, or is trying to manipulate the public into thinking that republican = no cures; which is such an abhorant lie. A lie on the "facts" he presents, a lie on the contents of the piece of legislation, and a lie regarding the "criminalization" part...
Respect for M.J. Fox minus 1 pts.

refer to my above post...

IMO, it is quite ok to speak out about pollitics, and push in favor of what you believe; the pain you feel being relative... but manipulating the public... that is offensive. The overnight polls represent this with 12 pt. change against what MJF was shooting for from the day before!

people dont take shit when manipulation is the obvious motivation
Old 10-25-2006, 08:00 PM   #14
graywolf624
Regular User

While I certainly don't like Limbaugh, I have to side with him on this one. It certainly comes off as a poor attempt to milk the disease for gain, whether that be financial or a cause (one that honestly there is no proof would cure the disease either from a legislative stand point or even from a science one). If that was what he was really doing, which I won't infer, then it was a bit sketchy with regards to morality. Granted the majority of political campaigning is rather low on morality.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:27 PM   #15
666fast
Regular User

[quote="nthfinity"]First, that is a terrible! (funny) avatar LOL
Originally Posted by 666fast

actually, what should be discussed isn't what Limbaugh or anybody else said, as much as what Fox said, and suggested.

My new avatar is the shizz!!

I really don't care what Limbaugh said about Fox, I really don't have a reason why, I just don't. Maybe I'm a prick as well, but whatever.

I often spend a good amount of time in my work truck on the road. I get fed up with most radio stations playing crappy music so I turn on talk radio to hear about whats going on in the world.
Often enough, I happen to listen to his show as it's on at the time I'll spend a lot of time in the truck. While I do agree with a lot of what he has to say (look for what he brought up about Mexicos immigration laws), I can't help but notice how he treats people that either disagree with him, or challenge his opinions. Often when someone calls in and says anything he doesn't like, he answers by belittling and insulting. In this way, Orielly is worse, he'll just cut off their mic and end the segment.

He often even contridicts himself. One day he was talking about how republicans and democrats should work together instead of argueing and insulting each other. Followed immediately with him pretending to be a democrat and talking like a mentally handicapped 5 year old.

I just love when he takes the moral highroad and dispenses his advice. Sorry bud, but you've gotten yourself in trouble a few times and are in no position to tell me whats right and wrong. ORielly takes the cake though, with the dirty phone calls and all.

Back to the Fox debacle. I can't see any serious fault in what Limbaugh said, Fox is milking it IMO. At the very least, he's misleading the public.

Granted the majority of political campaigning is rather low on morality.
It's unbelievably bad here this year. To the point that I change the channel the second an ad starts. Patty Weterling is the worst, she's the only one to latch onto the Foley scandal as to why republicans are the big bad evil. There is only one reason anyone gives her the time of day, it has to do with her son.
The only guy who runs an ad that I don't resent is from Hutchinson. He's the only one with an ad that says what it is HE wants to do if he's elected. The rest just attack each other. To the point that the news channels have been airing nightly "investigations" into the validity of the claims.
Hutchinson actually stood up and said why they were doing it, they only do it say they don't have to say what they'll do. They don't have to make any promises and don't have to be held accountable.
And wouldn't you know it, Hutchinson is a *GASP* independant!

Sorry for going way off topic, but look at my avatar, it'll make everything better.