Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 03:31 AM   #16
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by Flawless
OT: TT, for some reason I always though you owned a supra. Now I see you own a E36!! yess, a fellow E36er on the board.
Hehe, yes, "only" an E36 so far
Old 06-15-2003, 01:00 PM   #17
possessed_beaver
Regular User

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
possessed_beaver: dude you've got great taste That's exactly what I listen to. I don't know a few name, but I'm certainly going to search for them on kazaa.

Hope I will be able to catch a few festival's this summer...
yeh same, i saw some of them at the local music festaval's
name the bands u havent heard of and i will tell u some good songs. nothing better than sharing fav bands in my opinion..

gimme some bands i should listen 2 dude
Old 06-15-2003, 06:25 PM   #18
crochico
Regular User

i mostly listen to hiphop (2Pac).. but in the last year, i've slowly changed as i don't like where the music is headed.. i've been listening to quite a bit of rock lately (Linkin Park and some 80s stuff).
Old 06-15-2003, 06:33 PM   #19
1zippo1
Regular User

Some names, well here are a few that I can immediatly think of:

you could have mentioned some allready:

perfect circle (with the singer of Tool)
pennywise
rammstein
portishead
soulwax (belgian stuff but very good, check it out!)
calibre
millionaire
skunk anasie
channel zero (also very nice, download the song 'help')
Deus (suds&soda, roses)
Live (certainly the first couple of cd's)
kittie (damn those bitches can sream )

some older bands too:
soundgarden-pearl jam-nirvana-smashing pumpkins

ok, now I'm off to bed, it's allready way too late (exam tomorrow)

cya
Old 02-19-2004, 12:44 PM   #20
Fleischmann
Regular User

The heavier, the better:

CowdeR (Metal band from my home town)
Godsmack
Hatebreed
L'esprit du Clan
Rammstein
MachineHead
Sepultura
Six Feet Under
Slipknot
Soulfly
Sweet Noise
Vader

...and from time to time Cannibal Corpse (Death Metal), Apocalyptica, old Therion
Old 02-19-2004, 02:47 PM   #21
nchs09

electronica mostly..... some pop or soft rock when i get really tired of my dance music, which is rare
Old 02-19-2004, 04:44 PM   #22
TeflonTron
Regular User

I listen to any and every type of music. For example, yesterday I was listening to American Head Charge, Disturbed, Mudvayne, OutKast and Right Said Fred, and today I've so far listened to Blur, Mozart, Boz Scaggs, Guns N' Roses and The Police. At this very moment, I'm listening to Spooky Tooth. That being said, I have a HUGE choice of music from which to pick from (more than 5,000 songs running in at 27.1GB)
Old 02-19-2004, 04:56 PM   #23
cho_888
Regular User

i love hendrix, santana, ac dc, bob dylan, led seppelin. Real guitar music
Old 02-20-2004, 12:24 AM   #24
rossc83
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
I listen to any and every type of music. For example, yesterday I was listening to American Head Charge, Disturbed, Mudvayne, OutKast and Right Said Fred, and today I've so far listened to Blur, Mozart, Boz Scaggs, Guns N' Roses and The Police. At this very moment, I'm listening to Spooky Tooth. That being said, I have a HUGE choice of music from which to pick from (more than 5,000 songs running in at 27.1GB)

Wow, Spooky Tooth now that IS a blast from the past! Love 'em. Still got the vinyl I bought in the 70's. Also listen to Zappa, Pink Floyd, Santana, Portishead etc etc. When I'm in the mood, Puccini also does it for me.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:25 AM   #25
DTM8
Regular User

Wow, I listen to many genres, mostly metal though. This is what I could think of off the top of my head

"""""METAL"""""
Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Halford, Motorhead, ACDC, In Flames, Children of Bodom, ManOwaR, Megadeth, Old Metallica, Death, Coroner, Slayer, Dio, Scorpions, Racer X, Anthrax, Overkill, Loudness, Dimmu Borgir, Helloween, Accept, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, BLS, crazy guitar players (Yngwie Malmsteen, Jason Becker, Steve Vai, Randy Rhoads, Hendrix...), etc...

"""""RAP"""""
mostly oldschool stuff, Rakim, Ghetto Boys, NWO, grandmaster flash, tupac, A Tribe Called Quest, Run DMC.

"""""""""JAZZ""""""""""
Maynard Ferguson, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, Parker, etc.... basically I try my best to listen to as much as jazz as possible because that music is truly amazing.

""""""""""Melody"""""""""""
ATB, BT, Paul Van Dyk, and a bunch of skillful DJ's who dont Bullshit when it comes to making good music.

""""""""Classical""""""""'
Cant forget the foundations of music, that itself is a masterpiece. Alot to list: Currently I listen to Shostakovich when I have the time (alot of movies stole his material)

""""""Other"""""""""""
Smashing Pumpkins (When Corgan had hair), Soundgarden, Audioslave, some Blur, some Radiohead, some Beastieboys, to sum it up, and a bunch of other crap.

SFD, what type of Ukrainian music do you listen to?
Old 02-20-2004, 12:47 AM   #26
davmac
Regular User

all i listen to is weezer. =w=!!
Old 02-20-2004, 04:31 AM   #27
TeflonTron
Regular User

Originally Posted by rossc83

Wow, Spooky Tooth now that IS a blast from the past! Love 'em. Still got the vinyl I bought in the 70's. Also listen to Zappa, Pink Floyd, Santana, Portishead etc etc. When I'm in the mood, Puccini also does it for me.
Yup, Spooky Tooth are an extremely cool band. My two favourite songs of theirs are "Cotton Growing Man" and "That Was Only Yesterday". Awesome.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:40 AM   #28
RC45
Regular User

Quite a variaty you guys make up....

/me? - /me is a more simpler bloke...

I have a couple Southern Rock albums, a couple others and thats about it.

Lynnard Skynnard, The Doors, Steppenwolf, ZZ Top, Queen, Dire Straits and that about covers it.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:26 AM   #29
rossc83
Regular User

Originally Posted by rossc83

Yup, Spooky Tooth are an extremely cool band. My two favourite songs of theirs are "Cotton Growing Man" and "That Was Only Yesterday". Awesome.
and they did a great a great version of the old Beatles song..."I Am the Walrus"

Do you remember another band from that era Jade Warrior?
Old 02-20-2004, 06:38 AM   #30
rossc83
Regular User

Originally Posted by cho_888
i love hendrix, santana, ac dc, bob dylan, led seppelin. Real guitar music
Real guitar music??? What do you mean?
Check out John McLaughlan, Paco de Lucia & Al Dimeola - "Friday Night in San Francisco" Awesome!!!!
Closed Thread