Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 06-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #1
number77
Regular User

Default leak-Dodge Challenger pics

number77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 03:11 PM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

well, it almost looks great :shock: and in comparison to the other production throwbacks, it does look great... the things i dont like about it are the huge front overhang, and how high it looks... too much ground clearance for a modern sports-car... even if it is a muscle car.

it also looks like it will generate a lot of lift with its basic shape. this is what dodge should've done to begin with with the new charger... now only if they put in a proper manuel
Old 06-10-2005, 04:10 PM   #3
T-Bird
Regular User

Oh hell no this car didn't get it right they took the front end from the 73-74 which looked like shit, they should have taken it from the 70. If this car had any 440 equivelant then I might think about it... I will say right now it seems Ford is the only company that got the throw-back design correct so far... they should make it the 'Cuda not the Barracuda but just the 'Cuda maybe even an AAR if it can live up to the name. unlike the Daytona that was a very limited badass Nascar model.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 04:35 PM   #4
godspeed06
Regular User

that is the ugliest car i have ever seen. the aztec, the element, the scion xB all look amazing compared to it. jesus christ what an ugly car. the guy who designed that should be hanging by a rope somewhere in the middle of the desert... sans hands.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 05:30 PM   #5
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i pity dodge right now. these morons are destroying their past. LET SLEEPING LEGENDS LIE!!!!!!!!!!

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 07:30 PM   #6
RC45
Regular User

Now that is a bold statement that is a good throw back to the orginal cars.

I like that

Remember, these cars werer never stunningly beautiful cars - they were rather ugly purposeful short trunk, long hood design coupes.

But you can rest assured there is no way the final product will look that good - look how Ford fucked up the new Mustang.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 09:28 AM   #7
DeMoN
Regular User

I dont like it at all... For some reason, I see that car being driven on 21" or higher rims.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:50 AM   #8
number77
Regular User

well, at first there was question on whether dcx intentionally leaked them. now we are understanding that they came from an out of work Danish design student (i don't think he is a students any more). But there is word that what will most likely be called the Challenger will have some retro cues, if not, be retro.

So we still don't fully understand the legitimacy of these pics.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:37 AM   #9
FoxFour
Regular User

If it is legitimate, those are most likely first design renditions. The final product may incorporate little or most of those design cues.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 01:26 PM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by FoxFour
If it is legitimate, those are most likely first design renditions. The final product may incorporate little or most of those design cues.
This is 110% the case for almost all the cars that catch our eye early on... I think the Viper is probably one of the few cars in history (apart from the Lamborghini Countach 500) that looked the same as it's concept, even down to the crazy powerplant.

This I guess is the sad reality of having companies run by accountants... hehe
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 01:30 AM   #11
number77
Regular User

Automotive News is now announcing that a Challenger is on the way.
June 13, 2005

Dodge plans a challenger for hot Mustang
Watch out, Ford Mustang. Dodge is preparing a challenger. In fact, it's likely to be called Challenger. Chrysler plans to resurrect a respected name from the pony car era for a rear-wheel-drive Mustang fighter, industry sources say
Old 06-13-2005, 01:48 AM   #12
Yablokov
Regular User

im not too much into "american muscle", but that renewed version ofthe charger is pretty cool and on the hood it says "hemi", so its likly that it will be a keeper

Cars I have beaten in real races:
Honda Accord LX 1992
lil' bros Go-Kart
Yablokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 07:24 AM   #13
challe
Regular User

Great lookin car ,,, just the front is odd !

Challe / 0X

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/hemi46/Misc/logga22.jpg
challe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:10 AM   #14
godspeed06
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by FoxFour
This is 110% the case for almost all the cars that catch our eye early on... I think the Viper is probably one of the few cars in history (apart from the Lamborghini Countach 500) that looked the same as it's concept, even down to the crazy powerplant.

This I guess is the sad reality of having companies run by accountants... hehe
the solstice looks almost exactly like the concept.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 03:36 AM   #15
noliebro
Regular User

wow, i am a mopar nut to the max and i have been waiting for news on this car and i almost cried when i saw the pics man that is ugly. They better change that quick, i wish they would not do a throwback and just create a new muscular design. rumours are they might call it the Avenger, and chysler will get a cuda. i drive an older avenger and think that it would be great if they gave mopar fans a true muscle car.

my car (probably wont look like this at all):

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
noliebro is offline   Reply With Quote