Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 04-28-2004, 06:28 PM   #31
jon944lee
Regular User

WHOA.... kinda reminds me of my friend's Z28, except his isn't turbocharged...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/silverghostz

"racing civics is like the special olympics. even if you win, you're still retarded."
jon944lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 10:10 PM   #32
SilverPhoenix
Regular User

Originally Posted by shady view
Originally Posted by number77
true, american exotics are underrated. people think the viper handles like crap....no...they just played gran turismo and can't win with the car. in reallity cars like the viper require lots of talent to drive them the way they were built. as far as the mosler goes, its the best bang for your buck race car out there, as the z06 is for street cars. the mosler is very light weight especially when you compare that to the dimensions. the saleen is another great car. i guess if you asked me about italian cars, i would tell you they have too much heritage and not enough performance (not to say an f50 is slow). to each their own i guess but this is an american car section of the board and there are other places for the ferraris and what. the engine that i posted is not for a le mans car, its for the 1/4 mile. with those intentions they built the right motor to get the job done.
true

factory american cars dont have the best reputaion for quaility and durablity. you couldnt run a viper as long and as hard as you could run an itialian car. vipers dont handle like ferrari's especially the F50 its a damn F1 with a body

viper specs
http://www.vipercentral.com/buy/specs/specs92.htm

F50 SPECS
cant find check out find
on thread[OFFER] TOP GEAR - Formula 1 vs F50(i was asked not to link)

anyway for the money a viper is a better car because you cant buy a ferrari for 100 grand.

lol italian car last longer than american car lol, u gave me a good laugh there lol. Ever heard of the GT-40 and its decendent the Ford GT? or how about the C5-R, or mebe the Z06 which lapped n-ring under 8min. Or the Mosler which can Slolam at 74mph? or the Viper that stops as well as the enzo without Ceramic brakes. You seem to be an open dictionary of fanboy stereotype knowledge.
SilverPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 02:54 PM   #33
number77
Regular User

lol italian car last longer than american car lol, u gave me a good laugh there lol. Ever heard of the GT-40 and its decendent the Ford GT? or how about the C5-R, or mebe the Z06 which lapped n-ring under 8min. Or the Mosler which can Slolam at 74mph? or the Viper that stops as well as the enzo without Ceramic brakes. You seem to be an open dictionary of fanboy stereotype knowledge.
lol, i try not to be so blunt. but yes. the viper is an extrordinary car. people just don't think so because they can't win the GT races on gran turismo. it doesn't come with anti-lock brakes..why? cause its a street race car and they know what scca drivers like on and off the course.
number77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 05:16 PM   #34
corvette97
Regular User

OH, american muscle!!!, i'm not "american", but i love their cars, IMO these are the best options around and they are beast on the rode, IMO too the vette can turn perfectly
Old 04-30-2004, 05:33 PM   #35
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Yikes :shock: that's a big crazy engine, could you nos those type of engines?

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:53 PM   #36
SilverPhoenix
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
probably have to tune it differently, lower boost maybe cuz with a shot of Nos the Exhaust going into those turbines are gonna melt them lol.
SilverPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 12:41 PM   #37
number77
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
sure could, but it would have to be built differently. when you put nitrous threw a big money, high powered drag car, there are tons of things you have to change, cams, fuel timing, lots of stuff. i don't think that they are running nitrous because i believe there is a rule saying you can only have one power adder (nitrous, turbo, blower, etc.).
number77 is offline   Reply With Quote