Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 02-21-2005, 07:21 PM   #1
Wutputt
Regular User

Default AutoRAI - Enzo, 275 GTB shortnose, CGT, Spyker, Alfa 8C, etc

So after our Dutchmen, I also went to the AutoRAI Wednesday. Sadly there was a bit too much crowd, so taking good pics wasn’t that easy. Also we were running on a tight schedule, so we weren’t able to see all stuff, but luckily we have seen the most important stuff

I took about 450 pics, but I’m not going to upload them all, only e few of them, and here they are:

Let’s kick of with one of the nicest stands around: the supercar paddock. Sadly they used neon lights and warm yellow spot lights, that fucked up the lighting conditions a bit:

TVR:

Spyker:

Ferrari:

Maserati:

Lamborghini:

Porsche:

Pagani:

Bentley:

Rolls Royce:

Aston Martin:

I know I have far too less pics of Aston Martin. But I have a perfectly good explanation. I was taking my first pics when I noticed, they were letting people in now and then to take some pics and plant there asses in the DB9 and Vanquish S, since there weren’t any potential AM buyers. So me and a friend fastly stood in the line to enter the AM stand and were hoping to take some really good pics. But we had some bad misfortune. Just before us some fat bastard entered the stand. And after 15 min he still didn’t left. As if this wasn’t enough at that point some fucking asshole just entered the stand without even asking the hostess and did as if he didn’t hear us complaining about his behaviour. Ok after another 5 min the fast bastard finally moved his ass out of the Vanquish and left. But we still had to wait until the I-think-I-am-the-big-guy asshole left. But then some potential buyers came along and a few minutes later some friends of one of the salesman arrived. So we gave up and said we will come back later this day. But at the end of the day we didn’t had enough time, so no more AM pics

Car Collections (275 GTB shortnose, Renault Spider, Porsche Carrera RS 2.7, Deusenberg, etc.):

Ascari:

Noble:

Lotus:

Donkervoort:

Wiesmann:

PGO:

MG:

Chevy:

Burton:

Bowler:

Renault:

Nissan:

Ford:

Volvo:

Opel:

VW:

Audi:

Lexus:

Novitec:

Babes: (16+ )

Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:47 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

Nice coverage of this event dude!
Old 02-21-2005, 08:57 PM   #3
Regular User

thx for the pix, how does the new GS look in reall life? won't be out in Sydney for another 2 monthes
Old 02-21-2005, 08:59 PM   #4
SilviaEvo
Regular User

WOW! THAT SEAT GIRL IS FINE!!! too much paint IMO none required. The Ferrari girl is nice too. Sounds like one helluva day
Old 02-21-2005, 09:17 PM   #5
chest3r
Regular User

Ohhh man!!! So many great cars together :shock:

I think I'd never seen a red Carrera GT. And next to an Enzo it's a very rare sight.

I loved the black TVR ( specially the wheels ), the green Donkervoort , and the Wiesmann ( I love this car ) wich I'd never seen in black
Old 02-22-2005, 12:49 AM   #6
Herceg
Regular User

:shock: Too bad thats not the auto show in toronto...That Audi is pretty wack I didnt know the GT came in that colour...I love that Spyker and have to agree with chest3r on the TVR, that is nice. Also that Wiesmann is pretty sweet! nice pics!
Herceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 05:22 AM   #7
dingo
Regular User

Thanks for the pics....great arrary of cars there The 275GTB is still sexy, and the supercars just make me jealous
Old 02-22-2005, 06:11 AM   #8
stradale
Regular User

Much better pictures than I took, thanks!

Sorry to hear about what happened at the Aston stand. It's the same old story of one or two morons screwing it up for everybody.
Shows like these are always a mix of pure pleasure and pure agony for me (fortunately it's 80% pleasure). Some people just shouldn't be there. They stand in everybody's way, unable to tell the difference between a VW and a TVR. But a lack of self knowledge prevents them from opening their mouths. The BS you hear around you is astonishing! And then there's the wannabe pimps, whose sole purpose it is to carry their digicams around, pressing the button every now and then when something shiny catches their eye. Only when they get home do they see what they could have seen in person... Why the hell are they there? Stay home and flip through some mediocre car mag!
Old 02-22-2005, 08:13 AM   #9
sndr
Regular User

Nice pics i went there on Friday but i forgot my camera
Old 02-22-2005, 10:25 AM   #10
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

God damn those are some awesome pics!!! You are one lucky guy!!

How does the 575 Superamerica look like in the metal?? Do you have any more pics of it?
Old 02-22-2005, 12:02 PM   #11
redbaron
Regular User

Nice pics. That Aston Martin story sounds familiar to what happened to me at the Ferrari-stand. There were some people who refused to wait longer and stepped over the railing. Soon others copied this behavior and a couple of minutes later nobody could enter the stand anymore.... I hate those people!!!

The Enzo-CGT spot must be the most photographed spot in the Netherlands
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 05:14 PM   #12
Wutputt
Regular User

Originally Posted by 23790554
thx for the pix, how does the new GS look in reall life? won't be out in Sydney for another 2 monthes
Well, it did look quite good, but it didn't feel really special imo.

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
The Shelby Daytona Coupe is a rare sight (if it's an original one)
It sadly isn't an original one, it's a Superformance replica.

Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
How does the 575 Superamerica look like in the metal?? Do you have any more pics of it?
It looks gooooooooood Altough I stil prefer the normal 575. The 575 superamerica is one of the only cars I don't have more pictures of, it was far too crowed around the Ferrari's to take some good shots.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:25 PM   #13
Wutputt
Regular User

Originally Posted by redbaron
Nice pics. That Aston Martin story sounds familiar to what happened to me at the Ferrari-stand. There were some people who refused to wait longer and stepped over the railing. Soon others copied this behavior and a couple of minutes later nobody could enter the stand anymore.... I hate those people!!!
Originally Posted by stradale
Much better pictures than I took, thanks!

Sorry to hear about what happened at the Aston stand. It's the same old story of one or two morons screwing it up for everybody.
There are idd always some assholes who have to fuck it up for everybody.

Originally Posted by stradale
Some people just shouldn't be there. They stand in everybody's way, unable to tell the difference between a VW and a TVR. But a lack of self knowledge prevents them from opening their mouths. The BS you hear around you is astonishing!
LOL, that's so true! You could write a book full of automotive BS jokes out of the stuff you hear.

"Yeah, those Lambo's are now built in America"
"I wouldn't want it (pointing at the Carrera GT), a M3 is much faster"
"That Ferrari looks really cool (pointing at the Pagani Zonda S)"

I could go on for hours...
Old 02-22-2005, 06:33 PM   #14
EnzoLover
Regular User

Great report

and great girls
Old 02-23-2005, 08:03 AM   #15
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

"Yeah, those Lambo's are now built in America"
"I wouldn't want it (pointing at the Carrera GT), a M3 is much faster"
"That Ferrari looks really cool (pointing at the Pagani Zonda S)"

I could go on for hours...
HAHAHAHA!!!
There should be minimum automotive knowledge required in order for people to even enter the damn autoshow...