Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 11-19-2004, 04:24 AM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default just got back from Megadeth

well, as suprising as it is, this is the first time ive seen the band, as 'they' have just reformed (dave with all new guitarist/drummer/guitarist/bassist) this season, and are on tour with Exodus.
the show was an absolute blast, although i wish that dave elifson, marty friedman, dave poland... at least some other former mate could have been with them... i have no idea who those tour guys were, although the bassist looks kinda like Brian May from queen.

Exodus had a few decent songs for a group thats been around for 20+ years, and even spauned Kirk Hammet way back when... but largely, as far as thrash metal goes, they really werent that exciting... particularly thier singer.

one thing that suprised me is that Dave had played 5 or 6 of the new album's songs, mixed with a lot of the past greats ranging from sweating bullets, holy wars, peace sells... , symphony of destruction. they put on a great show, the soundboards had it mixed right (i couldnt tell you how many shows ive been to where the mixing board was fucked way the hell up for big bands). definately got my 25$ worth! and its easier than feeling raped by metallicas 75$ tickets (although i have not ever felt raped after seeing them perform).

i definately recomend others see them, as Dave Mustaine still looks quite clean!
if anybody remembers, Megadeth broke up when Dave had some massive tendon problems roumored to be a direct result of shooting up. this might mean hes been clean since 2002?