Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 10-15-2006, 11:35 PM   #1
666fast
Regular User

Default Snowboarding season is close!

Or skiing season, if thats what you prefer.

Anybody else getting antsy to get out on the snow? I sure am, I've even picked up a few things in anticipation.

I picked up a new Burton Se7en 155cm, only because it was an absolute steal. Seriously, priced wrong in the buyers favor! haha I've decided to sell it even though I really want to try it out. I simply don't need it, I've got a different Se7en anyway. I don't really need two!
It's pretty much sold already, a guy I work with wants it. It's just over $100 in my favor due to the pricing error.

This is the board, it has spooned tips, which I'd like to try out, but oh well.

I've also bought myself some new boots, Burton Sabbaths. For those in the know, they are part of the Coalition Line which you can't buy at most shops. Only 3 shops in all of Minnesota get to sell them. I bought them awhile ago online and paid full price, but I went to the shop today and had them at %15 off, so I bought them. The other pair are going back to save me some cash. Yay for free shipping at work. heh

Closeup to show the detailing, it's an alligator pattern with little pigs. heh
My boots are black, but the tan ones showed the detaling better.

These will be the new bindings. I've already ordered them, but cancelled it since my local shop has them on sale. I'll be picking them up before the end of the month. They have the same pigs as the boot does.

Now all I need is a new pair of pants and new goggles. Hopefully then I'll be done. Stuff isn't exactly cheap. :roll:

Anybody else getting ready for the season? Post up your new gear, if you've bought any.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:40 PM   #2
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Me dont like snow...

Me dont like extreme heat...

Me like in between

But I always wanted to try snowboarding, but never got around to doing it. Maybe this year
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:45 AM   #3
Zot09
Regular User

Can't wait to go snowboarding again!
Old 10-16-2006, 06:56 AM   #4
davide
Regular User

I've been snowboarding for just about 12 years, but a year ago I found my passion for skiis again!

My mother twisted her knee just a couple of days ago so the planned trip to the Alps were thrown out the window....

Hoping for a weekend or two in the swedish mountins, they aren't big but they'll do