Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 11-16-2007, 08:26 AM   #1
MotorWorld
Administrator

Please do not give away whats happening in topic titles.. some of us like to watch the Rally on TV without knowing what will happen

for future refence use [SPOILER] - EVENT NAME as a topic title so those who dont want to know dont see it when they browse the forum index

MotorWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:08 PM   #2
redbaron
Regular User

I really would like to see Gronholm retire with the world title in his pocket, but these mistakes do not really help him. I heared the crash was pretty serious, because Gronholm passed out after the crash. Fortunately he has been discharged from the hospital.

Gronholm still has a small chance on winning thew world title. Maybe he should ask Kimi for advice?
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:11 PM   #3
redbaron
Regular User

Latvala finally made it to the podium. I think he showed the world that he is ready to take over Marcus' seat next year.
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:05 PM   #4
79TA
Regular User

This just means I'll not only be cheering for the guys at BP Ford next rally, but also Subaru, Stobart, and anyone that's not Sebastian Loeb.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:45 PM   #5
HeilSvenska
Regular User

I'd be happy to see Latvala and Hirvonen next year, but right now, all I wish is for Loeb to make a mistake.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:52 PM   #6
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77 View Post
Not sure if it's only Finnish press speculating, but they are saying that Gronholm is having second thoughts about his retirement. I think he made the retirement decision with a belief that he would win the championship this year. Now it's going to be very difficult.
He can do what Mark Martin did (not Markko Martin), and continue to race full-time after his "retirement" until they found a "replacement" for him.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:31 AM   #7
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Excellent. Now all Ford has to do is offer Gronholm the other half of the rallies next year while the championship is going on.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:55 PM   #8
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Damn.. was reaally hoping for a good battle between Macrus and Seb this round... the whole time I was just hoping Seb would make a mistake!

I feel that Seb already "gave" Marcus a break in Japan.. can't wait to see if Gronholm can pull it off in GB!
Old 11-28-2007, 05:54 PM   #9
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Welll.. he says it was the navigators fault. I still have my suspicsions Let's see if Elena slips up again.Anything is possible, especially in the WRC...
Old 11-28-2007, 06:33 PM   #10
Mattk
Regular User

Anything is possible, and it's really good to see Gronholm take it to Loeb. I want Loeb to win, but it'd be a fitting touch for Gronholm to retire as champion.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:24 PM   #11
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

It's because they know they have more skills

It's easy to cheer for Sebastien.. he's so consistant at making the best times in each stage. I have allways liked Gronholm for his personality and driving style.. even when he was winning with Peugot