Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 08-18-2004, 09:08 AM   #76
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by toronto
i am talking about the white line painted on the knob? so you just turn the knob and the temp is shown on the screen but only for the driver, but the passenger just uses an anolog knob to set the temp, is that correct?

kinda like a volume switch on many cars were it shows the volume on the screen but there is no white line on the knob to show how much you have turned it from one side to the other
Well - I knew what you were asking - and I told you what it does...

The driver knob rotates freely to the left or right while the digital temp is shown on the A/C display - left cooler/right warmer...

The driver chooses the desired temp - then the passenger uses their dial to choose a warmer of coller temp using the drivers as a base...

So - yes, the driver gets digital readout and establishes the base temp, and the passenger selects a relative warmer/cooler setting using centre-reference calibrated knob.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 11:41 AM   #77
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

and RC45 you can't be serious on the fact that a low rpm v8 of the z06 is a better sounding car then the high rpms of the 360 v8, you can't hear or just stupid, i think almost everyone on this forum would say the full throttle note fo the 360 is 10x better then the z06, the 360 is one of the best sounding road cars ask anyone even people who don't know anything about cars would say it sounds better
Subjective - and I have spent tens of thousands of miles with 12 and 14,000rpm motorcycles.. so as far as being exposed to superhigh RPM - been there done that

I personally prefer the agressive howling bark of an LS6 at 6600rpm over the motorcycle like sound of an 8500rpm 360.

As I say - you eventaully get bored of bike sounds
lol, if you think a ferrari V8 sounds like a straight 4 bike engine then i think theres something wrong with you....

oh, and put your knob away RC
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:13 PM   #78
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3

and RC45 you can't be serious on the fact that a low rpm v8 of the z06 is a better sounding car then the high rpms of the 360 v8, you can't hear or just stupid, i think almost everyone on this forum would say the full throttle note fo the 360 is 10x better then the z06, the 360 is one of the best sounding road cars ask anyone even people who don't know anything about cars would say it sounds better
Subjective - and I have spent tens of thousands of miles with 12 and 14,000rpm motorcycles.. so as far as being exposed to superhigh RPM - been there done that

I personally prefer the agressive howling bark of an LS6 at 6600rpm over the motorcycle like sound of an 8500rpm 360.

lol, if you think a ferrari V8 sounds like a straight 4 bike engine then i think theres something wrong with you....

Actually - due to firing order and crank orientation among other things, a Ferrari V8 does sound like 2, 4 cylinders - and hence like a high RPM motorcycle engine..

You need to get out more.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:33 PM   #79
mindgam3
Regular User

Actually - due to firing order and crank orientation among other things, a Ferrari V8 does sound like 2, 4 cylinders - and hence like a high RPM motorcycle engine..

lol, you don't need to know anything about engines and firing orders to know they don't sound the same.

i don't know, i might be quite wrong, but if i revved my 1.2 clio straight 4 to relatively high rpms, say 7000 just for arguements sake (which incedently has similar firing orders and crank orientation as a ferrari V8), i'm pretty sure it won't sound like a ferrari V8, or a bikes straight 4 which it is more closely related.....

oh, n by the way I get out enough mate. No need to comment on my social life, it's good enough for me
Old 08-18-2004, 01:44 PM   #80
RC45
Regular User

lol, you don't need to know anything about engines and firing orders to know they don't sound the same.

i don't know, i might be quite wrong, but if i revved my 1.2 clio straight 4 to relatively high rpms, say 7000 just for arguements sake (which incedently has similar firing orders and crank orientation as a ferrari V8), i'm pretty sure it won't sound like a ferrari V8, or a bikes straight 4 which it is more closely related.....

oh, n by the way I get out enough mate. No need to comment on my social life, it's good enough for me
ROTFLMMFARTFO.... dude.. dude.. dude... you are really dillusional if you at all ever think a 1.2 Clio, revved to any level could sound remotely ANYTHING like big bore motorcycle engine.

Ever.

Ever.

You need to actually go see a real opne class bike - go ride it and stand around when one wails past.

AFter you have actually experienced both in person we can continue this discussion..
Old 08-18-2004, 02:09 PM   #81
nurbrun
Regular User

This topic has turned into a argument about the 360 being better then the Z06 or somthing like that.(lost track a few pages back ) who really cares, everyone has there own opinion
Old 08-18-2004, 02:11 PM   #82
mindgam3
Regular User

ROTFLMMFARTFO.... dude.. dude.. dude... you are really dillusional if you at all ever think a 1.2 Clio, revved to any level could sound remotely ANYTHING like big bore motorcycle engine.

Ever.

Ever.

You need to actually go see a real opne class bike - go ride it and stand around when one wails past.

AFter you have actually experienced both in person we can continue this discussion..
lol, thats what i was saying...... i said it wouldn't sound anything like it, thats my point. I was refeering to my clio because it has the same layout and similar capacity to a superbike yet it sounds nothing like it. You were saying because a motorbike engine and the ferrari V8 have simllar firing order and crank rotation that they sound alike.... they do not

I've witnessed a 360 and a GSXR 1000 drag in front of me at a motorshow one after another and trust me, the difference in sound is very different. Please read what i say before commenting on it....

lol, i take on board your comments and you've proven me wrong in some instants and i admitted it, but you just always have to be right dont you?
Old 08-18-2004, 02:11 PM   #83
TT
Regular User

I just hope you won't miss my topic with the pics I'd like to see in high-res in this mist of old arguments
Old 08-18-2004, 02:14 PM   #84
nurbrun
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
I just hope you won't miss my topic with the pics I'd like to see in high-res in this mist of old arguments
thanks TT for the reminder lol
Old 08-18-2004, 02:17 PM   #85
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
i'm zipped i've think i've learnt never to argue with RC45, you can't win even if you are right or have the prefferable opinion
Old 08-18-2004, 03:33 PM   #86
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
i'm zipped i've think i've learnt never to argue with RC45, you can't win even if you are right or have the prefferable opinion
In this case your're wrong though.. Perhaps you are rather tone deaf and miss the finer points of really loud noise..

The Ferrai V8 is 2 inline 4's by the way..

Oh - and I have provided some more food for thought - about the poor performance of the F360..

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=229459#229459
Old 08-25-2004, 09:09 AM   #87
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Thanks nurbrun for the pics, they look awesome, every classic ferrari such as the testarossa and, the 348, and other beautiful cars always will be welcome for me, as it was commented already, im another fan of the 348( im a ferrari compact fan mostly, thats why i like the 288 GTO most), and the black 348 looks fascinating as a result
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote