Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 07-31-2004, 07:28 PM   #31
Darkel
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Nope no idea about the prices. On the website they say "upon request" and at the showroom there was nothing on the cars...
About € 425 000 I think (that's the price for France)
Darkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 03:33 PM   #32
Mouse
Regular User

Wow! Nice pics! It seems you enjoyed your day! I just love the F40! :shock:

- Porsche Carrera RSR 2.8
- Porsche 356 C
- Lotus Elise 111
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 04:09 PM   #33
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mouse
Wow! Nice pics! It seems you enjoyed your day! I just love the F40! :shock:
Hehe, thanks to you if I finally made the trip
Old 08-01-2004, 04:12 PM   #34
Mouse
Regular User

You're welcome!

- Porsche Carrera RSR 2.8
- Porsche 356 C
- Lotus Elise 111
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:15 PM   #35
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1

I went to Stratstone Ferrari (and Maserati) in Manchester
Simply marvelous pictures TT...thanks for making the effort to take them for us ..

I just thought I would mention that my F355 came from Stratstone originally before I bought it from Maranello. Kinda one of those small world cases I guess.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:17 PM   #36
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba

I went to Stratstone Ferrari (and Maserati) in Manchester
Simply marvelous pictures TT...thanks for making the effort to take them for us ..

I just thought I would mention that my F355 came from Stratstone originally before I bought it from Maranello.
Not bad... they just moved onto Mancunian way in manchester and have a customers Enzo ther for safe keeping .. covered up though

The old dealership was twinned with Porsche as i remember and they had an F50 there once :shock:
Old 08-02-2004, 01:20 PM   #37
Jabba
Regular User

Not knowing much about them...they seem a pretty big dealer by the sounds of it.....I was at Maranello today and was quite disappointed at their stock....wasn't even worth getting my camera out for....
Old 08-02-2004, 01:22 PM   #38
No.1
Regular User

^^^ Shame, but they did say this on their site

Information

At Stratstone Manchester we live the legend - the stunning Ferrari range is the choice of the select few who are able to experience this intensely Italian tour de force of sporting luxury.

With race trained technicians and a truly impressive selection of new and previously owned Ferrari's housed in the new state of the art multi million pound showroom, brining the sales, parts and service under the same roof, we are rapidly becoming the country's leading Ferrari dealership.

Key personnel:
Richard Roger – Sales Team Leader
Peter Kelsall – Sales Executive
Mark Woore – Sales Executive
Darren Brogan – Sales Executive
Emma Bell – Service Advisor
"leading" in the country.

They also have a fine selection of Massers(QP included) , and recently sold a 612 8)
Old 08-02-2004, 01:27 PM   #39
Vansquish
Regular User

Damn, I'm jealous...I've never seen a Zonda, much less the roadster in person, they are some of the most exotic looking cars around...here's hoping hehe...nice pictures too TT.

The dealership near me tends to have a pretty constant flow of stock. When I was there last week they had a Quattroporte, several 4200GTs...coupes and convertibles...a Merak, a Yellow Enzo a blue 612 and the usual assortment of 360s, 355s, 328s and the like. I think I'm going to make a run tonight, so I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow (though I doubt they'll be of TT's calibre)

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:28 PM   #40
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
The dealership near me tends to have a pretty constant flow of stock. When I was there last week they had a Quattroporte, several 4200GTs...coupes and convertibles...a Merak, a Yellow Enzo a blue 612 and the usual assortment of 360s, 355s, 328s and the like. I think I'm going to make a run tonight, so I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow (though I doubt they'll be of TT's calibre)
Fingers crossed for another Enzo
Old 08-02-2004, 01:35 PM   #41
Jabba
Regular User

^^^ Shame, but they did say this on their site

Information

At Stratstone Manchester we live the legend - the stunning Ferrari range is the choice of the select few who are able to experience this intensely Italian tour de force of sporting luxury.

With race trained technicians and a truly impressive selection of new and previously owned Ferrari's housed in the new state of the art multi million pound showroom, brining the sales, parts and service under the same roof, we are rapidly becoming the country's leading Ferrari dealership.

Key personnel:
Richard Roger – Sales Team Leader
Peter Kelsall – Sales Executive
Mark Woore – Sales Executive
Darren Brogan – Sales Executive
Emma Bell – Service Advisor
"leading" in the country.

They also have a fine selection of Massers(QP included) , and recently sold a 612 8)
Yes but Maranello is Ferrari UK and as I understand it everything has to go through them...all the cars arrive there first and are then sent on to the other dealers...sadly all this is hidden..(I did get shown the hidden area when I bought a car there...but you cant get into it via the normal showroom) I also remember an F50 being in there being rebuilt after a major accident...very interesting to see how little there really is of that car except for tons carbon fibre.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:44 PM   #42
Darkel
Regular User

That would have been a good shot for wrecked exotics
Old 08-02-2004, 01:44 PM   #43
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Yes but Maranello is Ferrari UK and as I understand it everything has to go through them...all the cars arrive there first and are then sent on to the other dealers...sadly all this is hidden..(I did get shown the hidden area when I bought a car there...but you cant get into it via the normal showroom) I also remember an F50 being in there being rebuilt after a major accident...very interesting to see how little there really is of that car except for tons carbon fibre.
Many dealerships have hidden areas i guess.... especially when such high calibre cars are involved.

Anyways... Lambo manchester has opened recently in Stockport so i guess i will have to take a trip there. They seem to have quite an impressive stock at the moment. 8)

Shame about the F50
Old 08-02-2004, 01:59 PM   #44
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
Damn, I'm jealous...I've never seen a Zonda, much less the roadster in person, they are some of the most exotic looking cars around...here's hoping hehe...nice pictures too TT.

YAY I hope it will turn out as a success take your camera (your tipod if you have one), be polite and ask if there is no problem if you will take a couple of pics ... tell them JW needs those pics!
Old 08-02-2004, 02:06 PM   #45
Darkel
Regular User

Tomorrow I'll try to "visit" Auto Salon Singen with my cam ...
Their website : http://www.autosalon-singen.de/index.cfm?languageID=GB
I'll be EXTREMELY polite