Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 08-15-2004, 11:36 PM   #31
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I do ops:
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 11:37 PM   #32
tigerx
Regular User

^^^ agree, the coupe and convertible is common but not the Z06 ^^^, and no the Z06 ain't too shabby around corner, and no it is not slow at all when you put the price tag on it.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:44 PM   #33
Toronto
Regular User

well i guess your looking in the wrong place i see at least 3-4 z06 a day
Old 08-15-2004, 11:48 PM   #34
T-Bird
Regular User

well maybe I just see too many 360's a day, I don't take pictures when I'm driving down the Highway though so... I do see Corvettes but Z06's not THAT common.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 11:49 PM   #35
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by toronto
Considering they only make 7000 a year - and only 200 for Canada - and they are spread all over the world - you are either seeing the same 4 over and over - or the car is so popular (being that it makes the 360 look like a expensive loser ) that Canadians are importing them by the truckload.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 11:54 PM   #36
T-Bird
Regular User

I mean I could go to one of if not the largestChevy dealer in the Midwest/Country and see quite a few Z06's but that doesn't really count because I could go to the Ferrari dealer and see the same thing.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:33 AM   #37
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Considering they only make 7000 a year - and only 200 for Canada - and they are spread all over the world - you are either seeing the same 4 over and over - or the car is so popular (being that it makes the 360 look like a expensive loser ) that Canadians are importing them by the truckload.

o i didn't mention the fact that i see the same about if not more 360's,
and i don't think they are the same car, they come in many colours,

and RC45, i don't think i would bother trying to tell you how much better i think the 360 is over the z06 it is just the car i would pick, the one tiff would pick (3rd in his top cars of all time), the one schumi would pick but they don't know anything about drivers cars they were just all tricked
Old 08-16-2004, 12:39 AM   #38
RC45
Regular User

the one tiff would pick (3rd in his top cars of all time), the one schumi would pick but they don't know anything about drivers cars they were just all tricked
Not at all - just because a few good drivers select a car, doesn't make it any better of a car..
Old 08-16-2004, 12:51 AM   #39
Toronto
Regular User

not at all?
i said it was the one I would pick, and listed other drivers would of picked it aswell
not at all?
they were tricked, well acording to you Tiff is nothing but a Yuppie who drives the car that is an "overpriced average performing car that without the afore mentioned "snob appeal" is really just a run of the mill sporty car in this day and age"

they were tricked weren't they, they thought it was a sports car, not a sporty car
Old 08-16-2004, 01:16 AM   #40
RC45
Regular User

not at all?
i said it was the one I would pick, and listed other drivers would of picked it aswell
not at all?
they were tricked, well acording to you Tiff is nothing but a Yuppie who drives the car that is an "overpriced average performing car that without the afore mentioned "snob appeal" is really just a run of the mill sporty car in this day and age"

they were tricked weren't they, they thought it was a sports car, not a sporty car
I didn't say they were tricked.. You did.

I am saying them selecting the car does not make it any better than it is.

In the performance bracket that it is in - it is no quicker/tighter/better/faster than a bunch of other cars.

All it has going for it, is the "heritage" thing..

To me the 360 is a non-Ferrari. The 360 and even the new 430 are not worthy successors to the 355 in my humble opinion. They are invisible to me. Like banished clan members - I do not acknowledge their existance.

But then again, I am the type of Tifosi that views the F50 as a pretender to the mighty F40's throne as well.

You could liken my disdain for the 360 to Jabbas of the Macca F1...
Old 08-16-2004, 01:27 AM   #41
PATo355
Regular User

Its impressive how many gr8 cars uyou have in toronto , thx for the pics , i have to agree with everybody that the 355 is sexier than the 360 , but i would prolly pick the 360 ...

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 01:50 AM   #42
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
All it has going for it, is the "heritage" thing..

To me the 360 is a non-Ferrari. The 360 and even the new 430 are not worthy successors to the 355 in my humble opinion. They are invisible to me. Like banished clan members - I do not acknowledge their existance.

But then again, I am the type of Tifosi that views the F50 as a pretender to the mighty F40's throne as well.
Well i am sorry but the Ferrari road car is all that HERITAGE, "ferrari doen't not exist with out motorsprot" (who said that), Ferrari is a company made by a racer, by a team manager, and by a team owner, every single road ferrari ever made was to help ferrari on the race track,

360 has more race and sport in it than any vette on the road,
in the past 50 years the vette was never a racer at heart (look at what they first made it for), the mid-engine (v6/v8) ferrari line holds the same blood line from the start till the end, high reving, amazing sounding, racer at heart,
the 360 was built for to show ferrari's racing heritage, i am sorry that the modern urban male with younge money (somthing that was first really scene in the mid to late 90's past the 355 era), buys the 360 as his first car,
i am sorry that their are people that drive modern ferrari's that don't even know the founders name, or his son's name, but that is what americans have done to the car, they have killed the image of the car, not ferrari, and i am sure if ferrari could only allow certine people to buy all their cars this heritage would still be there in your eyes, but they can't do it to everyone of there cars only the ones that show its heritage the most (f50, enzo)

mayb it is not the car you hate but the people who drive them. the 360 is just as much a ferrari at heart as the 355

i would like to know why you think the 360 is not a worth successor to the 355, what has changed in the recipe to the car? i still see the same basic car when i look at them,
Old 08-16-2004, 02:09 AM   #43
T-Bird
Regular User

Are you seriously saying that the Corvette has no Racing Heritage?
Old 08-16-2004, 02:16 AM   #44
Toronto
Regular User

what was it built for? look in the history books, compair that to what a ferrari road car was built for

i am not saying it doesn't have any, it just doesn't have as much as a ferrari does in the 50 years it has been around
Old 08-16-2004, 02:21 AM   #45
Ferrarikid
Regular User

yo nice sightings man u moron im movin to toronto . yet still to spot a yellow 360 spyder. speaking of top speed the ZO6 does like 170 and the 360 does 180 same 0-60 times about. but how often do u go 180 and the 360 makes its hp at like 6000 rpms wat good is that.

my dads and my corvette would woop a 360 any day exept in top speed and its from 69. i will admit we have a modified 383 stroked but still it costs alot less than a 360
Ferrarikid is offline   Reply With Quote