Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 08-17-2004, 11:36 PM   #16
budagboy2
Regular User

Went to almost everything except some of the auctions, RM, Concourso, Christies, Races, Pebble Beach. And you? Was one busy weekend
budagboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 11:44 PM   #17
IgotWRXed
Regular User

yeah i was beat every single day. i did concourso on friday and then went to laguna because a friend of mine pitts a few lotus so he showed us around. went to RM that night.

saturday was laguna pretty much all day then once again RM and the other auction across the street that had the GT3 RS, the Enzo and the 2 Nascars. what did u think of RM? i thought the cars got sold SO CHEAP, especially all those Shelbys. it was ridiculous, i was flipping out. i still think that GT-3 Viper was a complete and utter steal for anyone who wants to club race.

Sunday we went flying and didnt make it back out to laguna, it looked pretty dead tho.

monday was challenge and then i left.

tiring, but super rewarding! how was pebble? we heard it was a little too old (car wise) for us, so we skipped it.

IgotWRXed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:02 AM   #18
budagboy2
Regular User

I thought pebble beach was pretty good, they had some really nice ferrari's there that i liked alot. i forgot to mention that we went to the unavailing of the 575 convertible. I didn't get a great view of it but i can tell you that top is all glass and with one push of a button it flips back. Its not like a normal convertible where the top stows away in a conpartment, even when the top is down you can still see it(i know im just rambling on, its pretty hard to explain) I didnt get to see alot of RM only the last parts of it b/c we were busy with dinner and the ferrari thing
Old 08-18-2004, 12:23 AM   #19
styla21
Regular User

Thankyou for the pics, they are amazing. Seems like you've had an unbelievable weekend!
Old 08-18-2004, 12:37 AM   #20
T-Bird
Regular User

Mike do you mean like a Targa style top that they have on Porsches? where the top of the roof slides back to leave the top open.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:39 AM   #21
IgotWRXed
Regular User

Originally Posted by budagboy2
I thought pebble beach was pretty good, they had some really nice ferrari's there that i liked alot. i forgot to mention that we went to the unavailing of the 575 convertible. I didn't get a great view of it but i can tell you that top is all glass and with one push of a button it flips back. Its not like a normal convertible where the top stows away in a conpartment, even when the top is down you can still see it(i know im just rambling on, its pretty hard to explain) I didnt get to see alot of RM only the last parts of it b/c we were busy with dinner and the ferrari thing

Originally Posted by IgotWRXed
575’s. The all new hardtop convertible was unveiled that weekend at a Ferrari Club of America event.
its sweet.

Old 08-18-2004, 12:41 AM   #22
bmagni
Regular User

the enzo isnt orange right ??? i see it rosso scuderia...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:43 AM   #23
IgotWRXed
Regular User

no that one was orange. there was a bunch of red, but that is orange unfortunately. the cars owner is the orange county ferrari dealerships owner and gave some lame excuse that thats why it was orange or something to that effect

it looks hideous in person.

Old 08-18-2004, 12:45 AM   #24
budagboy2
Regular User

were u at the ferrari event?
Old 08-18-2004, 12:47 AM   #25
IgotWRXed
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
Mike do you mean like a Targa style top that they have on Porsches? where the top of the roof slides back to leave the top open.

this is brand new technology that has been in development since the 70s, this french company i believe.

Old 08-18-2004, 12:49 AM   #26
IgotWRXed
Regular User

Originally Posted by budagboy2
were u at the ferrari event?

nope, me and my friend decided to skip the dinner in favor of auctions, so his dad and gf went. i wish we had decided to go!!!

i heard all about the car and talked with a guy from north america about it at the challenge race.

i wish i saw it. you are lucky.

Old 08-18-2004, 12:49 AM   #27
bmagni
Regular User

no that one was orange. there was a bunch of red, but that is orange unfortunately. the cars owner is the orange county ferrari dealerships owner and gave some lame excuse that thats why it was orange or something to that effect

it looks hideous in person.
there are always excuses.... lol...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:54 AM   #28
budagboy2
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird

this is brand new technology that has been in development since the 70s, this french company i believe.
Na not like that, the top flips all the way back. Ill draw a pic of it in paint and post it. Give me a few mins.
Edit: This is the best i can do
Old 08-18-2004, 12:59 AM   #29
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

holy shit...now that's a shitload of pics..thanks a lot..I can't wait to see that 575 hardtop convertible...I'm quite excited because I love the 550/575 and the Barchetta...

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 01:08 AM   #30
budagboy2
Regular User

b/c of the new top the car looses its lines, the back is no longer swooping back, it gets cut off and drops straight down, like of the pic i drew. i honestly thought it was kind ugly, ba/ca with the top up or down it still had horrible lines to it