Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 08-12-2005, 07:22 AM   #1
dingo
Regular User

Default Exotics in the Outback - 234pics!! (new vids added)

What an awesome trip it was for me – the memories will last a lifetime.

There is too much that happened to write about, so I will just mention some of the highlights for me (if you want to know more, just ask).

1. My chance to drive the CS – mindblowing!! I thought the owner was joking but was amazed when he tossed me the keys on Sunday morning. I drove the thing for about 100km to the Olgas and back, with my top speed a paltry 170kmh (in a 110 zone though ). I don't have any pics of the drive, but some video which I will treasure forever.

I sure got some funny looks getting into and out of the car, but it was a great feeling driving such a sexy car around. The acceleration was phenominal, though I didn’t get to test the handling much as I mainly drove on straight roads.

2. Overtaking a cop car at 220kmh in the GT2…..and they couldn’t do a thing about it.

3. Me and one of the other passengers waiting outside our relatively cheap hotel in the morning anh having 8 exotics roll up in convoy to pick us up.

4. The insane speeds that we managed to achieve, and all with nothing to worry about. (although we did manage 289kmh in a 110 zone at one stage ops: ) The GT2 was the ‘winner’ with a top run of 332kph, then the CS with 308kph, Murci 300kph, Gallardo at 298kph and then the rest in the 280-290kph range.

5. The mini drag races that took place near the Cannonball Run memorial – nice stretch of road to compare acceleration. We had the GT2 and Murcielago facing off, CS v F360, CS v Monaro, Monaro v Boxster…..all captured on video of course.

6. Driving along at about 120kmh and having 4 cows run across the road infront of us. :shock: I was in the CS at the time and we had to slam on the brakes to miss them - at least they worked! The Monaro in front of us had to swerve to avoid them......got the heart racing.

Time for the pics, we didn’t stop for probably half as many photo opportunities as we could have – but still came up with some nice ones I think. Also not morning or evening footage as we simply didn't find time, but thats something for next year I suppose.

How fitting are these plates?

Just a couple of speedo shots taken by others.....the first is about 300kph in the Murci, then the 330kph in the GT2 and 308kph in the CS

FRIDAY

One of the trucks being unloaded.....the sound of the beasts in there was awesome.

Then straight for the unlimited roads - I started in the Murcielago and have to admit the acceleration was scary at first. ops:

Whenever you saw a car in the middle of the road it meant we were on a high-speed run.....here in the CS:

The leftovers of a bird on the GT2.....

The cars in their beds for the night - at the home of the Murci owner.

SATURDAY

At the petrol station in the morning, we were quite an attraction for the locals. The attendant there actually gave us 4c off per litre of petrol since he was so excited.

One of the first stops for a photoshoot....and then a drive-by:

The Monaro doing one of its many burnouts.

At a scenic Gorge, it was full of tourists (Germans) so hard to get shots without them getting in the way. :x

The GT2 in the middle of the road ready for a 0-200kmh sprint......my god was it flying! I have that sprint on video too.

Another stop, this time only with a couple of the cars....

A little lineup at the unrestricted speed signs, and again the Monaro had to steal the show.

The Cannonball Run memorial (where 4 guys died in an F40 crash) - also the location of our drag races.

This is where the NSX had a crash on Friday.....very scary!

SUNDAY

On Sunday morning we headed to the Olgas and Ayers Rock - part of which was where I drove.

The CS with MOTOR magazines camera mounted on the back.....looks funny.

The CS sitting on the side of the road, waiting for the others to catch up. After this stop I got in and drove it to the petrol station.....ahh the memories.

the others finally arriving....

a couple of us returned to climb Ayers Rock.....what a way to rock up (pardon the pun ).

a few more from the road, and man did that CS sound great when overtaking us.

Cruising at 220 in the Gallardo, and then up to 260...

the GT2 cooling down after its 330kph run

That night while waiting to get picked up I had the GT2 outside the house for myself, and the only real chance for night shots.

MONDAY

What a thrill this was - overtaking a huge road train in the CS! We were in an 80 zone, but got well over that (280 on the speedo at this stage).

Then a side-by-side race with the Murci at around 270kph....unbelievable! We kept up for a bit but then the big V12 just pulled away from us....

Some more moving shots.....I put my head on the line for the pics out the window. I really like the shot looking over the GT2's big ass at the Gallardo following it...

We then headed to Glen Helen and hired a helicopter, so we could get video and photos from the air as the cars raced down the highway. It was absolutely brilliant up there and watching those cars fly down below. The thing is that MOTOR were not present for this and have said they may use some of my pics from that flight in the magazine. Therefore I will not post them yet just incase, don't want to piss them off.

check out the stone chips on the CS.....in need of a respray!

and the Murcielago back at home after its final run.....sad moment.

Hope you enjoyed all the photos......there could have been alot more but its hard to think about them when your having so much fun.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:37 AM   #2
Cearabc
Regular User

Woow Great picture's
I Realy love the 360 CS!

Do you have video's? because I see al lot of camera's on the cars..
Old 08-12-2005, 07:38 AM   #3
ARMAN
Regular User

First reaction - :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:47 AM   #4
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by Cearabc
Woow Great picture's
I Realy love the 360 CS!

Do you have video's? because I see al lot of camera's on the cars..
Yes, plenty of video (incar at high speed, the drag races, drive-by's, 0-200kmh sprints, from the helicopter, mounted on the 360 with others overtaking....). However there is plans to make a DVD of all the footage so for now I can't 'release' it on the net (plus the fact my tapes are in Adelaide atm).
Old 08-12-2005, 07:57 AM   #5
Darkel
Regular User

Okay, I'm wet

I was just about to start a topic for my paris trip (quite shitty honnestly) and then I saw this thread ... I think I'm gonna keep them in the queue now

Now I have to find time to save all those great pictures
Darkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:31 AM   #6
styla21
Regular User

Excellent, the anticipation for these pics has been killing me! Imageshack seems to be getting absolutely hammered; can't wait to download them all!
Some of these are really high quality, professional pics - you could charge quite a price mate. Thanks again *resumes saving to hd. :fadein:
Old 08-12-2005, 08:48 AM   #7
saadie
Regular User

fecking A .....
the pics are loading ...
soo i'll edit thislater .. hehe ....
Old 08-12-2005, 08:52 AM   #8
ferrari550
Regular User

some amazing pictures there!!! thanks a lot!
i just love the 360 cs
Old 08-12-2005, 09:10 AM   #9
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

WooHoo High res pics Its going to take forever to save them all!!!

Is there any reason the Murcie owner only took it too 300km'h? (well he isnt doing his plates justice)

Wow my friend took me for a run in his 360 Spider afew weeks back and never gave me the keys!!!! hahaha u are very lucky

Damn it the Monaro missed the cows

Did anyone have issues with fuel, running low etc or someone brought along spare? Or the petrol stations spaced out well?
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 09:12 AM   #10
ARMAN
Regular User

Dingo, can you please zip them and put on rapidshare? Jw crue is hammering imageshack again Thanx

.................................................. .............................
Old 08-12-2005, 09:15 AM   #11
sikx5
Regular User

amazing dude!!! thank you so much for the write up and pics!

Many will be desktop material for sure.

Imageshacks is being hammered at the moment, so i;ll wait till thats over. Bu some incredible pics of incredible cars dude! Well done!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:17 AM   #12
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDCORE

Is there any reason the Murcie owner only took it too 300km'h? (well he isnt doing his plates justice)
Haha......"only" 300kmh is a bit ironic. He may of got a bit higher but I can't recall it, he does have 316kmh as his max speed on the speedo readout (from another time).

Wow my friend took me for a run in his 360 Spider afew weeks back and never gave me the keys!!!! hahaha u are very lucky
I know!!! I am still pinching myself that I actually drove a Challenge Stradale - a car of which only 13 exist in all of Australia! :shock:

Did anyone have issues with fuel, running low etc or someone brought along spare? Or the petrol stations spaced out well?
Not really, a couple of fairly close calls in the 360 Spider and GT2 but no major dramas. THe stations are pretty well spaced, and we usually planned ahead (although 98 premium wasn't available all of the time).
Old 08-12-2005, 09:36 AM   #13
komotar
Regular User

That is just insane!!!

And imagine, if let's say a year ago somebody would tell you what you would be doing in the early days of august.........you would never belived them.

I'm really glad everything turned out so good.

The 360CS expirience......OMFG!!! Crazy!!!

I'll look at the pics tonight or tomorrow, because this page has been opening itself for about 5 minutes and it still says 180 items remaining!

I just CAN'T wait to see them all.

You'll remember this for the rest of your life and let's hope you'll be back with similar pics next year

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 09:39 AM   #14
dingo
Regular User

I am in the process of uploading the ZIP files of the pics to rapidshare, and will post the links ASAP.

Originally Posted by komotar

You'll remember this for the rest of your life and let's hope you'll be back with similar pics next year
Definately, and there are plans for a similar event next year. A couple of the guys who came have orders in for F430's so maybe I will be riding (or even driving) one of those beauties 12 months from now.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:44 AM   #15
ARMAN
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
I am in the process of uploading the ZIP files of the pics to rapidshare, and will post the links ASAP.