Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 08-12-2005, 06:39 PM   #31
Darkel
Regular User

Originally Posted by Schwalbe JG 44
It's a chance for me Dingo that you are a Porsche fan's because you took several pictures of my favorite Porsche of all time the mighty 996 GT2.
Especially the MkI 8)
I finally saved them all, some great wallpapers for the next weeks, thx
Darkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:00 PM   #32
Schwalbe

Originally Posted by Darkel
It's a chance for me Dingo that you are a Porsche fan's because you took several pictures of my favorite Porsche of all time the mighty 996 GT2.
Especially the MkI 8)
To be more precise I like enormously both generations of GT2. I'm impatient to see the next 997 GT2.
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:16 PM   #33
neilo63
Regular User

Dude! sweet pics thanks for sharing. I'd hate to see one of those cars hit a roo... bye bye car... the roo would probbaly hop away. Tough bastards.
neilo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:52 PM   #34
salegosse
Regular User

:shock: :arrow:

Fantastic ! You made good job with pics... And had a really nice trip, happy for you man !

Thanks for sharing, keep up the good work.

8)
Old 08-12-2005, 08:58 PM   #35
SilviaEvo
Regular User

wow! i am so jealous you got to drive the CS i havnt even seen one :cry: . seemed like a fun trip you lucky bastard!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:23 PM   #36
dingo
Regular User

Thankyou all for the compliments...

I tried uploading the RAR file again last night, and it failed for some reason. What am I doing wrong (they are 46MB and 37MB .rar files).

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
How did the Porsche GT2 sound?
Well compared to the Lambo's and Ferrari's I don't think it was anything special, not 'sharp' or brutal enough for my liking. However the push in the back it gives you above about 4000rpm is probably unmatchable by most cars on the planet. :shock:

Originally Posted by TT
Good boy! Tiem to save all the pics now!! I was so excited about a new passenger ride I managed for tomorrow (around 200 km in a 550 to go to a Ferrari meeting), but now, reading you DROVE the CS, I am kinda on my ass, drooling and trying to recover!

Will comment the pics later since they are loading slow now
Haha, it must have been fate - I missed out on the 550 on this trip so you got it instead.

Originally Posted by Speedracer38
Best post EVER :faint: Do you mind if i post these on another forum? I will give credit to you for pics and the write up
I already got a PM from somebody else asking the same thing - and the answer was yes. As long as the pics stay original (i.e. not edited in anyway) then there is no problem with it.....

Yes I am definately a Porsche fan, although they still sit behind Ferrari's and Lambo's in terms of desirability for me. There are apparently only 30 GT2's in Australia so I had to take the opportunity to snap some pics of it.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:31 PM   #37
ZfrkS62
Regular User

:good: :faint: :shocked!:

Fucking beautiful shots Dingo I can only imagine how much fun that would have been

can't wait for that DVD (if it becomes availible) It's about the only way i'll ever know what it must be like driving in all those cars

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:41 PM   #38
dingo
Regular User

You guys will have to make do with the thumbnails (for now at least)....because thats 3 times rapidshare has failed and I don't have time to waste another hour.

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62

can't wait for that DVD (if it becomes availible) It's about the only way i'll ever know what it must be like driving in all those cars
It should have some spectacular footage, though it may be awhile since all our tapes (4 of us have video) need to be combined onto a DVD and then edited.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:19 AM   #39
JoeHahn
Regular User

Absolutely awesome. Thanks a heap for sharing the experience sounded like more fun than the body could handle 8)

Respect to the GT2 for outrunning a Murcielago - thats a feat. How did the NSX and Monaro fair? Hope they got walloped

Thanks again champ, great photography!
Old 08-13-2005, 01:37 AM   #40
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
Absolutely awesome. Thanks a heap for sharing the experience sounded like more fun than the body could handle 8)

Respect to the GT2 for outrunning a Murcielago - thats a feat. How did the NSX and Monaro fair? Hope they got walloped

Thanks again champ, great photography!
Well the GT2 didn't really outrun the Murcielago - its just the driver pushed it further at the top end. They did have a drag race and it was neck-and-neck until they had to back off.....
Old 08-13-2005, 01:49 AM   #41
sameerrao
Regular User

Absolutely brilliant pics there mate! The Ayers rock bunch is my fave with the shiny cars with the red rock as the background!!!!

Great job! :smilecolros:

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 05:42 AM   #42
FPVPSI
Regular User

Bloody amazine line up of cars...

Fantastic photos too...MOTOR was there? as in magazine MOTOR! i cant wait till next months edition...

Thanks for all the great pics, make some great wallpapers... 8)
Old 08-13-2005, 05:58 AM   #43
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by FPVPSI

Fantastic photos too...MOTOR was there? as in magazine MOTOR! i cant wait till next months edition...
Yes MOTOR the magazine - they were in the Monaro (that explains all the burnouts ).

They told us to expect it to feature (8-10 pages) in a couple of months - the Sept. issue just came out so maybe we will be in the November issue.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:10 AM   #44
MIHALS
Regular User

and how is it going with uploading????
Old 08-13-2005, 06:18 AM   #45
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by MIHALS
and how is it going with uploading????
3 tries and 3 failures.....any ideas why? It uploads the complete file but then instead of going to a page with the links it comes up with "cannot display this page".