Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 01-05-2007, 08:06 AM   #31
stradale
Regular User

Stoopie, were there any marks on the lamp post? From the pictures it looks like the damage could have been caused by the car hitting somthing else. There's damage all over the front of the car. I doubt that happened as a result of a parking accident, since parking accidents are usually at low speed, especially when you see the lamp post right in front of you. Then it shouldn't have more damage than a slightly dented bumper.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:00 AM   #32
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

^ Could well be ofcourse. Didn't check for damage on the streetlight.
Just went out again and took some new car pictures, will post later this week.

*edit: but I have to say, the car lost its licenseplate, and it would be illegal to drive it! and on top of that, all the streetlights in that street have been renewed recently..
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:08 AM   #33
Stoopie
Regular User

I'm starting my own carsightings site, hope you like it. Ofcourse, the design has to be worked on, but now it at least works. Not too many cars though, but that'll expand (hopefully) as time goes by. And yes I know the URL is stupid, but I don't have to pay for it
Old 01-07-2007, 08:41 AM   #34
mevistox5
Regular User

Well, Nijmegen is a very good place to start carspotting apparently. Do you only walk around in the area of the Oranjesingel?

Nico
mevistox5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:18 AM   #35
Stoopie
Regular User

Originally Posted by mevistox5
Well, Nijmegen is a very good place to start carspotting apparently. Do you only walk around in the area of the Oranjesingel?

Nico
Yes, for now. That's the area where I live and a lot of lawyer offices and private bankers are situated along the Oranjesingel. I've only been out there to shoot some cars 2 times, and this is the result of it. I've still missed a lot of cars that are recently seen here, and which come around often. I saw a RR Phantom (black) in front of a private banker's office, and a few 360 Spiders/Modena's and a few Quattroportes. But I didn't have a camera yet when I saw those, so I hope to see them around soon. The camera is a ultra compact model so I carry it with me whereever I go I've got some exams coming up so I don't have any time to go outside this area really, but in 2 weeks I'll be crawling all over Nijmegen

*edit: and ofcourse, every saturday this city is overflooded with German people shopping here, and they bring along nice cars as well
Old 01-10-2007, 07:45 AM   #36
marktak
Regular User

He Stoopie!!! Good to see some pics of my home-town Nijmegen! The pics of the library and the Marikenstraat you made are great. I hardly see some great cars in Nijmegen......but you happened to see some beauty! I envy you for that. Grtz Mark

Car and Superyachtlover!!!
marktak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #37
mevistox5
Regular User

Originally Posted by marktak
He Stoopie!!! Good to see some pics of my home-town Nijmegen! The pics of the library and the Marikenstraat you made are great. I hardly see some great cars in Nijmegen......but you happened to see some beauty! I envy you for that. Grtz Mark
Drive around more.... Porsches, Maserati's, Ferarri's , DB9's (and very oddly a Lotus). They are all there..........

Nico
Old 01-10-2007, 05:13 PM   #38
stradale
Regular User

This afternoon I saw a very dark blue Phantom (Belgian plates) at the Oranjesingel, close to the Rabobank. Maybe the same one you saw, Stoopie? At the same office I have seen another Phantom in a different colour before (brownish). Personally, I find it a revolting car, but I have to admit it's something you don't see every day.

I take it you live around here as well, Nico?
Old 01-10-2007, 05:23 PM   #39
TopGearNL
Regular User

Lots of members out of Nijmegen :shock:
Old 01-10-2007, 05:27 PM   #40
mevistox5
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
Yep. In the Rijk van Nijmegen...Almost on the border to Germany (and Autobahn) :turn-l:
Old 01-11-2007, 12:24 PM   #41
marktak
Regular User

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
You're right about that! Nijmegen is quite a great place to live. On the oranjesingel now and then a maserati 4200 GT is parked. It is parked at the HQ of Australian Homemade (ice-cream and bonbons) and belongs to the owner. The same guy from Bakker Bart.

Car and Superyachtlover!!!
marktak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:09 PM   #42
stradale
Regular User

Originally Posted by marktak
Originally Posted by TopGearNL
You're right about that! Nijmegen is quite a great place to live. On the oranjesingel now and then a maserati 4200 GT is parked. It is parked at the HQ of Australian Homemade (ice-cream and bonbons) and belongs to the owner. The same guy from Bakker Bart.
Is that the black Spyder with tan interior?
Old 01-11-2007, 05:17 PM   #43
djjulien
Regular User

Elle est sortis la M5 ou ces un kit ?
djjulien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #44
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by djjulien
Elle est sortis la M5 ou ces un kit ?
Parlez vous Anglais?
Old 01-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #45
Stoopie
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
This afternoon I saw a very dark blue Phantom (Belgian plates) at the Oranjesingel, close to the Rabobank. Maybe the same one you saw, Stoopie? At the same office I have seen another Phantom in a different colour before (brownish). Personally, I find it a revolting car, but I have to admit it's something you don't see every day.

Yep, next to the Rabobank on the side of the Oranjesingel, there's Van Lanschot Bankiers, a private banker. Everyday beautiful cars parked outside. Well beautiful, the minimum you'll see is an X5 And yes the Phantom I saw was parked there and it was on Belgian plates as well! Could well be the same one