Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 03-09-2007, 12:01 PM   #61
TT
Regular User

Apparently the decision to stick with AWD is due to STRONG clients desire to leave it like that :bah:
Old 03-11-2007, 10:46 AM   #62
martin100
Regular User

Brilliant pics TT :shock: Will need a long time to save them all! Thanks a bunch mate
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #63
Z3uS
Regular User

Thanks for the many pictures!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:41 PM   #64
silentm
Regular User

excellent pictures. thank you for the effort. definately the best coverage i have seen so far

and thx for the ladies! some cuties in there
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:07 PM   #65
TopGearNL
Regular User

Just a small question TT, Im going to the Dutch carshow this month, any tips on camera settings?
Old 03-13-2007, 03:37 AM   #66
TT
Regular User

Well, it's not easy to give suggestions. If you want to go the secure way, just take a tripod, aperture priority, set an F around 8, 10, or anyway "high", use the timer or a remote control and it should be fine. I did like this in the past and never had problems, alternatively, you put it in speed priority, set 0,5 or 1 sec and the camera will judge the aperture. Most of the time it would be fine, but sometimes cameras jsut go crazy. As said already, this year I went the full manual way as I always shoot like that lately, but it's not easy if it's the first time indoor. I can't remember what camera you have, but if it's a compact, keep min ISO, or else the noise will be too much. If it's a reflex, you can easily use ISO 400 and still have plenty acceptable noise and in that case you might not need a tripod. If the show is well lit, you should be able to shoot at 1/60, 1/80 or faster speeds using higher ISO.
Also, if light is "weird" you might need to set the white balance setting to something different that "auto".
Anyway, there are no real and 100% correct suggestions as every camera, lense, and car show, is different