Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 01-05-2005, 05:16 PM   #16
Max Power

last time I listen to Ovechkin, 'Russia will win'.......weak, but atleast we saw some hockey, Olympics could be the next time we see any more
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 05:35 PM   #17
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto
6-1 man I was so close (7-1) you boys don't know nothing about hockey, you think canadians are cocky..... lol ok you should watch the interviews with the russian players and coach,

"Just to show Canadians that they arent all that" - well canada hasn't been all that great and stong in hockey as of late if you fallow hockey you would know that,

"I didnt like some of the comments Canadians in general make about other Europian teams" - look at the score lol
Yeah look at the score, same would happen if Canada played any European soccer team. Shit, I'm 100% sure that I pick the worst team from the Ukrainian Premier League and they'll beat Canadas national team. But I dont go saying that Canada is pathetic because they dont play football so well...and I heard lots of trash talk from Canadians saying that Europeans are the shit this, shit that.....

Just talking about respect.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 05:40 PM   #18
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
you boys don't know nothing about hockey

Actually, we don't know ANYTHING about hockey.
HEHE indeed. Ukraine HOckey league is like 10 teams, and its as popular is cricket in Canada. and were still holding 12th place in the world how pathetic is that.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:13 PM   #19
Stikz
Regular User

this isn't the same as soccer man. russia is a lot more competitive in hockey than Canada will ever be in soccer. THis honestly probably was either the most dominant Canadian team ever or just the weakest world team ever fielded.
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:51 PM   #20
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Im talking about Canadians not giving respect to European teams in general.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:24 PM   #21
Max Power

THis honestly probably was either the most dominant Canadian team ever or just the weakest world team ever fielded.
a little of column A, a little of column B
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:34 PM   #22
Zonda11
Regular User

Default Re: Canada/Russia Tuesday

Originally Posted by Max Power
What's your picks?
I'm going to guess 6-1....am I late for the contest?

Zonda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:36 PM   #23
Zonda11
Regular User

6-1 man I was so close (7-1) you boys don't know nothing about hockey, you think canadians are cocky..... lol ok you should watch the interviews with the russian players and coach,

"Just to show Canadians that they arent all that" - well canada hasn't been all that great and stong in hockey as of late if you fallow hockey you would know that,

"I didnt like some of the comments Canadians in general make about other Europian teams" - look at the score lol

YUP....

Old 01-06-2005, 06:57 PM   #24
Zonda11
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

Yeah look at the score, same would happen if Canada played any European soccer team. Shit, I'm 100% sure that I pick the worst team from the Ukrainian Premier League and they'll beat Canadas national team. But I dont go saying that Canada is pathetic because they dont play football so well...and I heard lots of trash talk from Canadians saying that Europeans are the shit this, shit that.....

Just talking about respect.
If the worst team in the ukrainian League can beat Canada in soccer, then I think it is fair to say that Canada sucks at soccer.

Different countries are better at certain sports largely depending on the climate in their country and the amount of money that is required to excel at a sport. Let's face it, if some kid's parents are dead broke...the chances that the kid is going to be able to play at the top levels and have the chance to play junior/pro hockey is slim.

Not all parents can afford:

-Gas to travel all over the city/province/country
-Hotel rooms for every away tournament
-Meals while away
-Admission to watch their kid play every game
-Thousands of dollars worth of equipment
-Team registration fees
-League registration fees
-The extra money needed for ice time (Prime time $200-300 an hour at most places in Toronto)

plus not every country treasures a certain sport the same way.

I wouldn't expect that too many soccer stars would come from the Northwest Territories.

Old 01-06-2005, 11:30 PM   #25
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Thats not the point at all mate. If someone sucks at something you dont show them any respect? Hey I challege you to a boxing fight, lets say you loose, do I have the right to go and call you shit, just cause you lost? Id still give you respect for accpeting the challenge.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:21 PM   #26
Stikz
Regular User

Thats not the point at all mate. If someone sucks at something you dont show them any respect? Hey I challege you to a boxing fight, lets say you loose, do I have the right to go and call you shit, just cause you lost? Id still give you respect for accpeting the challenge.
Really, if anyone showed no respect to their opponents it was the Russians in their game against the States. I will give you that the Russians were gracious losers, i'm not sure the canadians would have taken losing so easily.
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote