Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2006, 01:01 AM   #1
RC45
Regular User

Default Pics of Jabbasworld on the PS3 @ 1080p

Well, due to some really fortunate circumstances I had $700.00 to piss away.. so I emptied my bladder on a PS3.

Needless to say, the first thing we did was download GTHD.

Yeah, yeah, yeah - great visuals... but I tried so hard to like the "game" itself.... sadly it is a pre-pre-pre-pre-beta piece of junk.

Looks stunning, sounds mediocre and controls are worse than a 10 year old keyboard game.

No

Force Feed Back

Support

For

DFP

or

G25

Yes... you read that correctly...

The wheel feels like a suped up powersteering from a Camry... you spend the first 30 minutes over correcting... till eventually you master the 'control" of the steering wheel and the "game" gets ok.

PD should not have released this pre-beta without FFB support.

If its an option to enable it, I could not find it.

The PS3 sees the DFP and the G25 and do the whole spinning an calibration thing... right up until you click the Checkered Flag to start the round.. and then the wheel goes as limp as a deflated penis...

Again - the visuals are stunning - but what a dissapointment for "game" itself... I mean even just "feedback" to stiffen up the wheel would be nice.

Of course if put the 599 in Veyron mode with all aids turned on and change from simulaiotn to amatuer steering you can drive like Schumi... well the game drives you and all do you is stab the gas as if you were driving a Veyron...

Anway - off to play Need For Speed Carbon on the PS3... its more fun

p.s. I am ranked 424th in the world with the Lancer Evo IX GSR
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote